ServMan v2.5 (beta) for FC2 and DCS

Panzertard

I am having a problem selecting missions using the "/load" command. I tried the long name (16thACCW_Live_Fire_Range) and a number (1 through 60) and I can't get it to switch pass the number 9 and no luck with the full name.

Do I have to enter the miz names in a Lua?

I am having a problem selecting missions using the "/load" command.

Make sure your missions are located in missions/multiplayer, and that they do not contain non-alphanumeric characters and end in .miz. You should select them using their mission ID, and there is a command (I believe it is /mission) to get the mission ID.

Additionally, how do I get the help text to stop displaying in the mission?

From conf_serverconfig.lua:

--Message of the Day. Use * to indicate line breaks. Set to "" to disable.

MOTD = "*Type /help into chat to see enabled server commands*You can use these commands to start a missionvote or a votekick!",

So, set the message of the day to "".

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Fully understand now. I thought I had to rename the missions. Now all I do is make sure they are sorted properly in the folder than count them. The reason I am doing this is I created a cheat sheet for our wing pilots. Those with access will know what missions are on the server without having to /mission command. This program is fantastic. I thought I was in over my head but once I read every post and the included readme I started to understand even more. A big thanks to the guys that created this one.

• 1 month later...

Hi Panzertard,

is there a way to fix this "building killed player..." isue?

... anyhow sometimes it is funny...

attachment.php?attachmentid=41215&d=1280383955

" A building killed a player with a really big airplane..." :D

ScreenShot_111.thumb.jpg.d9bda505128f96729f8b24ddec2c017d.jpg

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Thats a feature which is included in FC2/DCS - not ServMan.

I've had a look at the problem, and it is the data the sim returns.

We just have to wait for the next patch it seems.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 4 weeks later...

Please help me,servman tips "failed subadmin login attempt"

I have added ServMan 2.5 beta 11 (Full).zip to lofc1.21 server,and it runs ok except one problom.I set squad PW and subadmin PW,squad login accessed,but when I login subadmin account with predefined PW, that tips like this:"Failed subadmin login attempt" .What's wrong with it and what can I do to fix it?

my login method follows instructions:

/login tossers Hello!

#Squad member Panzertard logged in.

/login supersecret!

#Subadmin Panzertard logged in.

information loged in ServMan-Serverlog-20100820-1846 only is:

08/20/10 18:53:55 : Squad member "XXXXXXXX" logged in

08/20/10 18:54:19 : 1. invalid subadmin login attempt from "XXXXXXXXX"

no errors related loged in,FT!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

I have added ServMan 2.5 beta 11 (Full).zip to lofc1.21 server,and it runs ok except one problom.I set squad PW and subadmin PW,squad login accessed,but when I login subadmin account with predefined PW, that tips like this:"Failed subadmin login attempt" .What's wrong with it and what can I do to fix it?

my login method follows instructions:

/login tossers Hello!

#Squad member Panzertard logged in.

/login supersecret!

#Subadmin Panzertard logged in.

information loged in ServMan-Serverlog-20100820-1846 only is:

08/20/10 18:53:55 : Squad member "XXXXXXXX" logged in

08/20/10 18:54:19 : 1. invalid subadmin login attempt from "XXXXXXXXX"

no errors related loged in,FT!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Ah, sorry - I have seen the same issue.

Workaround:

squad_login_enable = true,

squad_prefix = "",

squad_suffix = "",

squad_username = "passwordhere",

squad_password = "",

There's a problem using squad password only - instead add the password to the "username". Servman looks for a username and cant find it - and fails your login.

Now when you log in:

1. /login mySquadpassword

2. /login myAdminPassword

You then log in 2 times - first time for squad-access - then once more for Admin-access.

OK?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

According to 159th_Viper there will be no new patch for FC2 :(

Can you confirm this with ED developers Panzertard?

No, sorry, I cant confirm it since I haven't seen any conclusion regarding this.

IMHO#1 ED will propably *not* make a final decision on FC2 while the road is being paved for DCS.

IMHO#2 I would guess they will conclude on this a bit later when their developer resources are being freeded up from the current project.

Anyway - let's leave this question out of this thread, otherwise well see a massive derail.

EDIT: oops, missed a 'not'

Edited by Panzertard

According to 159th_Viper there will be no new patch for FC2 :(

WTF!!!

OK - before I get irritated with you, kindly link me to the post where I stated that.......FFS, I wonder sometimes :music_whistling:

:furious:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No need to get irritated.

It may have been my mistake. It was my understanding that DCS:A-10C may introduce changes that are incompatible with the current FC2+BS. If this occurred the plan was to patch BS so A-1C+BS would work but there were no plans to fix any incompatibilities so FC2 would also inter-operate (no patch for this). I also believed that ED were doing us a favour by creating FC2 in the first place (I believe it nearly didn't) so we were to expect no more patches (although it would be fantastic if there was one). If this is incorrect then I'd be very pleased to have the record set straight.

...It may have been my mistake...

Quite so.

Would not want to be misquoted in my capacity as 'Tester' in the foreseeable future.....;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No, you're wrong - I haven't thought about that :D

Good one, I'm adding it to the scratchpad - time for a roundup of new fixes for servman soon anyway, there's a few snags that needs to go.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, and I am sorry if it has... but it would be nice if there would be an option to vote extend the mission. For example the servman warning comes on saying that mission will rotate in X amount of minutes but someone votes to extend it, you never know perhaps they are close to achieving the objective or are having fun as it is... so if the majority votes yes for the extension... X amount of minutes is added until it attempts to rotate again.

Whats on the block for things to be added?

My vote is for "rock the vote" (command /rtv) where the options are to extend the mission time or select the next mission.

I did previously mention this, but being able to implement metadata for servman to interpret would be helpful.

Basically use either a naming convention for missions or destroying an AI unit with a specific name to automatically what different settings into the mission. Mostly useful for setting timeleft in a mission or even changing the messages related to timeleft to state, "this mission rotates via triggers"

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Two more feature requests from an otherwise happy ServMan user.

1. Arbitrary mission path variable
  2. Arbitrary installation path variable

These are usefull for server admins running both DCS:BS and FC2, where they can have one ServMan installation that will work for both games. I already made the changes to my own version myself, but hardcoded the paths.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sov13t, I like the idea, and it shouldn't be too hard to had.

Grimes, metadata, yes I like it. I think I'll be able to add it to the next revision.

/rtv is a mysteri for me, can you please explain it a bit step by step? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve.

Is it suppose to interupt a ongoing vote allready in progress?

Or was it just to add a name to the command Sov13t suggested?

Case, I'd like to see that as well. Good suggestion. Let me try to experiment and see if I can add it.

I hope to start working on the next set of features ~October, as well as the fixes.

/rtv is used alot in other games.

Ok, so votemiz would be used to load a new mission if the vote passes immediately.

/rockthevote (rtv) is used to extend the mission time or to select the NEXT mission in rotation.

Lets say you have 3 missions in rotation. Mission 1, 2, and 3. Its currently on mission 1 and time is running out. Usually mission 2 will load, but people don't want to play it. So they do a rockthevote to make mission 3 be the next mission. Or what if its on mission 1 and everyone is really having a fun time and don't want to change. The option to extend time would be in there. The time added would either be forced by the server or you could have "Add 20 minutes" and "add 40 minutes" to the voting options.

It doesn't matter if a vote gets a specfic percentage, but as long as it has the majority vote it will be implemented. After-all it doesn't change the mission upon vote, it just sets the next one or extends the time.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

First of all let me express my appreciation to all involved in creating and testing ServMan.

I haven't read the entire thread and I applogize in advance if my question was already answered.

Here's the problem we have on our dedicated server. On mission restart (either rotation or just restart) the FC 2.0 often hangs up in the middle of booting up. Sometimes it restarts with no problem what so ever. This evening I tried it about doezen times (enetr mission and leave mission) and most of the time it failed to come up. It either hangs up or after attempting to boot up, the FC screen simply disappears like it was never there.

However, when I double click on a Multiplayer shortcut it always starts and it always works.

I wonder where is the problem? Is anybody else using ServMan experiencing same/similar problems? What should I do to try to remedy this annoying problem?

With all of our effort to make it work, our server is often not on line because FC fails to restart.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Tough issue Hajduk. The 104th noticed that when we were forced to use a slower video card due to the main video card going bad, often times FC2 would not start by Servman, but would start manually with the FC2 shortcut. It kind of seemed that starting with Servman needed better hardware.

Although I can't see why Servman would take more resources to start, it appeared that way. When we got a new replacement video card with more power, Servman would always load FC2 with no crashes. I can't say that the issue was 100% Servman though, as we never really fully tested if it was the issue.

What is the hardware for the 4C server?

When FC2 crashes by starting with Servman, does Servman attempt to restart FC2?