Dodging AAMRAAMs

There exists a guidance issue; it will eventually be eliminated and no amount of barrel rolling will save you, so again ... practicing poor tactics = will get hurt in the future.

Now you're making sense. Those are different than the one you posted initially. I'm on the road with a POS netbook so I just was able to see the Tac'S. :( Are you using the latest FC 2.0 ? Yes? It would be interesting if a barrel roll still junked missiles consistently.. consistently been the important feature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'm surprised that this rolling still works so well.

Attached a normal high g dodge. (just add .acmi at the end of the file)

Tacview-20100522-191325.txt

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

No; just saying some day bad habits will come back to bite people. Probably in DCS.

Are you saying an FC2 fix is on the way GG ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It already happened from FC1 to FC2.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hope so, the second will get you. :)

My PC specs below:

Yes its work ,i have done some tests myself and can prove this ...avoided single missle

...but if there's a second missile coming at u from different angle( or just 2 sec behind first), boy you are in trouble !:poster_oops:

There exists a guidance issue; it will eventually be eliminated and no amount of barrel rolling will save you, so again ... practicing poor tactics = will get hurt in the future.

Ya of-course, you can bless it as much as you like. Still I'll dodge them with barrel rolls.

I think you have a severe lack of understanding of the efficiency that an error correction to guidance will bring.

Ya of-course, you can bless it as much as you like. Still I'll dodge them with barrel rolls.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes its work ,i have done some tests myself and can prove this ...avoided single missle

...but if there's a second missile coming at u from different angle( or just 2 sec behind first), boy you are in trouble !:poster_oops:

Try to change the direction after one roll and you will be able to dodge second too. By the I guess in real life a second missile will only be fired after first has missed because no pilot or AF would want to waste 400000$ in case the first missile makes a kill. Lost of developments have been made in this direction in both US and Russian systems to ensure that no 2 pilots engage the same target thus saving ammo.

But this is a SIM and missiles cost nothing so 2 can be fired at you but as I said changing the direction of role will make the second missile miss too.

I think you have a severe lack of understanding of the efficiency that an error correction to guidance will bring.

I know what understanding I have, don't feel like proving it to you. I already proved you wrong about dodging the Aim-120C with a barrel roll. And by the way bring the improved guidance system and I show you how that error can be induced in error correction.

Edited by combatace

By the I guess in real life a second missile will only be fired after first has missed because no pilot or AF would want to waste 400000$ in case the first missile makes a kill. Lost of developments have been made in this direction in both US and Russian systems to ensure that no 2 pilots engage the same target thus saving ammo.

Pricetag of the missiles are bubblegum compared to the fuel and related organization costs of operating the aircraft. The reason why real air forces don't waste missiles in combat is that their pilots and aircraft don't respawn after 5 seconds when they got killed because they ran into a fight and wasted all their offensive capability. It's not a question about how much does the missile cost, it's a question of "can we get replacements in fast enough after some loser tossed all of his into the water chasing some Ilyushin so we don't have to tell our pilots they have to fly with Sidewinders only until the trucks get there?"

When you are flying a 20-60 (or, for that matter, 100+) million dollar airframe, with 1-3 million dollars of education in the pilot, and an ungodly number of dollars more in infrastructure surrounding the deployment, you don't want to get your mission held up because someone ran out of ammo. ;)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

.... Magic? :D

It would have been impossible to do already (well tested) but our change was pulled back.

I know what understanding I have, don't feel like proving it to you. I already proved you wrong about dodging the Aim-120C with a barrel roll. And by the way bring the improved guidance system and I show you how that error can be induced in error correction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are many ways to play this sim. E.g.: I wouldn't use you tactic even if it would work excellent because I don't think it would in RL. And I want to have a realistic experience not to pawn in MP.

But that's just me.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Thats what I told sum up to, you just elaborated it which was just CS.

No, you talked about missile pricetag "in case first made a kill". I talked about logistics and keeping birds as active combatants as long as possible in an engagement. Complately different things. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'd say the best realistic way to avoid being hit by a 120 ( not dodge )- is to do a 180 and climb the veer while climbing. Works for me with almost everything.

I'd like to see you doing barrel rolls til you "dodged" 1 or 2 120's IRL- you'd black out or puke all over the place.

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

Best way to dodge is never get shot in the first place, second is to have stored energy to increase the escape window, but if your flying low...well...no dice.

My PC specs below:

I'd say the best realistic way to avoid being hit by a 120 ( not dodge )- is to do a 180 and climb the veer while climbing. Works for me with almost everything.

I'd like to see you doing barrel rolls til you "dodged" 1 or 2 120's IRL- you'd black out or puke all over the place.

I'm not going to sit idle when you are trying to fry my butts. when I would have dodged one of your you wont be there to fire another because these would be near zero change in closing rate even after you fired at me while you'll go defensive and thats what makes a lot of difference.

No, you talked about missile pricetag "in case first made a kill". I talked about logistics and keeping birds as active combatants as long as possible in an engagement. Complately different things. ;)

You didn't get whats CS, did you?

Edited by combatace

Ya thats what I was expexcting more blessings for 120, I did't knew you can fire one from your tail too. And about guidance thing did you make it dance 360 degrees on its tail because now too it takes abrupt 90 degree turn without loss of energy and chases the target as if its not moving.