FC 1.1 evaluations requested

I've heard all about the SU25T addon & improvements in FC 1.1

Now I would like to hear about the rest of the planes in FC 1.1 and how they differ from lockon 1.2 {Or whatever version we're up to}.

{Improvement or the same}.

Reason I'm asking is because I generally don't fly the SU-25. So, I want to know about the planes that I would be using, if I decide to buy FC 1.1.

{No Flames or angry posts}

Just reviews from people who actually purchased the add-on.

Mucho Thanks

The biggest thing I noticed about the su-27 and su-33 was that in 1.02 they stalled like crazy. This is why they had the Alt-P key for spin recovery. All gone now, no spin recovery key, planes handle better, they stall less and will ease out of a stall on their own most of the time.

Plus you get more radar modes on the russian planes, ECM seems like a big factor in multiplayer now.

Absolutely worth the money I paid for it, for entertainment. Still has some nagging problems, but for $35 it is well worth it.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I've never been a Flanker/LOMAC junkie--I purchased FC to:

A. fly in the most gorgeous environment available for flight sims.

B. support flight sims

With that simple premise, I've now fallen into a love/hate relationship with the Advanced Flight Model for the Su-25t Frogfoot. I enjoy just cruising around in the thing :D

On the occasion that I did fly LOMAC, I used to load up the A-10 or the F-15--but now I'm into the Russian Aircraft--especially the Frog.

Truth and Beauty, baby--that sums up LOMAC/FC for me (Realism and gorgeous graphics).

To answer your question--I don't know what's changed--as I didn't fly it enough to know what was there before :rolleyes:

However, you should feel obliged, as a flight simmer, to purchase FC for the AFM alone (I know you said you don't fly the Russian Hardware)--I used to be the same way. It's really amazing, and worth the price of admission--and perhaps, the price of getting over having to fly a Russian aircraft, if you're hell bent against it (as I was).

I suggest you give not only FC a try--but the frog as well--if for no other reason that to be able to scream for an AFM for the US aircraft :cool:

The F-15 is more sluggish. There seem to be more new bugs than bug fixes. The AMRAAM can't be trusted to pursue the intended target. SA is much harder for all planes. There are frame pauses when the AWACS makes a call. Multiplayer bugs are more prominent, with the exception of the FF bug which happens less frequently.

On the other hand, the pilot's head swivels in the cockpit now.

Thanks guys for your input.

I tried the SU25 in lomac and couldn't really get into it. Maybe that will change in time. In the meantime I have lomac running without too many disrupting issues and I can wait till the dust settles before I get FC.

Thanks guys for your input.

I tried the SU25 in lomac and couldn't really get into it. Maybe that will change in time. In the meantime I have lomac running without too many disrupting issues and I can wait till the dust settles before I get FC.

I wouldn't use the 1.02 Su-25 to evaluate the SU-25T - it's a totally different, open environment. More like the A-10 except some area's are better and other areas just different but connected.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]