Making a Video

Sel94

Hey, how do you make a video in FC2? I want to make and share some with my for my friends to show them how awsome this game is. Do I need to buy a special thing or mabey I just missed the key when looking on the list:doh:.

Anyway, thanks!

Okay thanks everyone for the help! Here's a small sample of the awsomeness I can make: Never mind, invalid file:smartass:

Edited by Sel94

Google the word "Fraps".

Or go to fraps.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I would recommend Fraps.

It's a screen capturing program and I believe there is a free trial which allows you to record 30 seconds per clip. So, just record a few and edit them together.

Done deal :)

DON'T DO THIS.

It's faster but your video will end up looking choppy unless you have a PC from the year 2012 and won't be enjoyable to watch because of this. The Avi Recorder included in the DCS engine (which FC2 uses) is broken as it stands, but I'd be happy to PM you a quick tutorial on how to get it working properly.

I hope to put up a tutorial soon so everyone can use this great tool ED has included.

DON'T DO THIS.

It's faster but your video will end up looking choppy unless you have a PC from the year 2012 and won't be enjoyable to watch because of this. The Avi Recorder included in the DCS engine (which FC2 uses) is broken as it stands, but I'd be happy to PM you a quick tutorial on how to get it working properly.....

Not true ;)

Video capture with FRAPS at half/quarter of SIM speed. Thereafter just speed it up again with relevant editing software and aloha - smooth framerates :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ehm, Logite...

You don't need a computer from the year 2012. My computer, even when running at stock, is old hardware with nothing fancy for a hard drive, and I do not lose any FPS while FRAPS is active. The video output is crisp and smooth as when I played.

If you are unable to use Fraps and get fluid video, something is wrong in your system, or you have very old hardware, or you have a fantastically slow HDD, or your HDD is extremely fragmented with very small contiguous-free sectors, or a combination of the above.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hey Fraps works, thanks guys! It runs smooth and everything! Now I just have to learn how to put the vids together.....with Windows Media Player(if I can).....using windows 7......without any help...:music_whistling:

P.S. I am from the future!!!

Now I just have to learn how to put the vids together.....

A start :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=22099

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
DON'T DO THIS.

It's faster but your video will end up looking choppy unless you have a PC from the year 2012 ..

Funny, i've been using FRAPS since 2003 when i first started making vids. :)

Edited by Glowing_Amraam

Thanks guys, now I can do what I want to do! My first vid was a fail but I'll show my friends anyway.:) Bet some of you guys would like to see it to.....oh if only I knew how to post it.....:music_whistling:

Edited by Sel94

Easy, get a YouTube Account and upload it.

Get the link (Eg www.youtube.com/v=blahblahblah) take out the last bit (blahblahblah) and do this:

then the video link (the blahblahblah bit) then end with [these] brackets with /youtube in them.

Or you can find a post where someone has posted a video, hit "quote" and it will show you what code they used in order to get the video up there.

Edited by thaFunkster

Thanks guys. This community is awsome. I'm going to test playing a video here-

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" valuename="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed srctype="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I also put a funny one here

Thanks for all the help!

Does the first one work for anyone? I used the youtube brackets.

Edited by Sel94

you do know instead of the link you used use the embeded link and put in between the youtube tags and that will take the white page away.

like this

[/u]

Thanks for all the help!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks for all the help!

I don't think it works for me. It's inbetween toytube tags but.....

you have the link in there too, you dont need that. just the embeded part..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49623

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

[YOUTUBE]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" valuename="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed srctype="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

[/YOUTUBE]I copy and paste the embed and it has those links in there. I deleted both of them but....

• 2 weeks later...

I'll sharing with you guys, a tip comming for a big guy called rich (Ironhand) !!

I have this tip since 2007.... and i hope that helps you !

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:24 pm

To: cerol

Hi Cerol,

This is what I do. Set FRAPs to capture full screen at 10 fps. Set the track to play back at 1/4 speed. Run both and capture the sequence. Open the resulting AVI file in VirtualDub (freeware). Set the AVI file to play back at 40 fps and be saved at 25fps.

This should give you smooth looking playback. It will, however, screw up the sound. So I record a 2nd sample of the track normally. I extract the audio from that AVI as a WAV file. I then mate the smooth AVI file to the WAV file during editing.

Hope this helps,

Rich

------------------------------------

I have to say that that is an interesting way to do it.

I normally slow time to 50% and record and 30fps, this means there are still occasional lag spikes where the finished video still drops below 30fps.

But recording at 10fps and 1/4 speed is a really good idea, it means the file wont be too big, as its only 10 rather than 30 fps...Hell, one Lock On movie I made had a 70GB folder from all the FRAPS AVI files.

Also, regarding the sound, you can speed it up in Sony Vegas for those who use it, so it will match the footage rather than having to do a second take.