DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I don't think I have a track for this, but I'm just curious. I did the first campaign mission last night and landed hard. Stupidly, heavily, hard and bounced halfway down the runway before skidding to a stop. Once I stopped, I stopped with the main gear and the tail resting on the ground with the tail up in the air. The only way I could get the nose wheel down was to apply thrust, or once moving, apply the brakes. Shortly after, the plane would tilt again as if the centre of gravity was out of whack. Is it likely that I had partially collapsed the landing gear throwing off the centre of gravity, or was it more likely to be a bug? I'm guessing the former.

I would have to dig up a pic but I can assure you it is not a bug. The landing gear is modelled very well.

EDIT:

Like this...

1147318330_bentgear.thumb.jpg.e627461732f84ab4e057bffcce92e3c5.jpg

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's the one. Mine was the same (apart from the missing wing section and the shredded tyre)

That was the first pic I could find but I have had the same thing happen with out the wing as an excuse for the hard landing. When you come to a stop and you see those nose tip up...you know you effed up.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have noticed that since the last patch, on the bottom left corner, the RECORD HUD/TV instrument panel is now actually clickable. Does the game actually record any of the stuff if you set it to record? If so, where would I find these files, and is it the same for multiplayer.

Does the game actually record any of the stuff if you set it to record?

No. It is just eye candy.

Gotcha, thanks. Ok, LAST QUESTION.

For laser guided bombs, I have an issue, when flying with my buddies that we are hitting each others targets due to all having same laser codes by default.

I know where I can change the laser code on the TGP (cntrl settings, then change the LSS and LS codes to 1688) but the bomb is set to 1688 anyway, if i change the ls code on the tgp all that will happen is my bomb will not follow the incorrect lase.

Is there a way to change the bombs lase code?

Yes, via the INVentory page of the DSMS.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thank you but frankly, that was not a great explanation after finding that out the hard way of experimenting with it for 20 minutes while in flight...

For those who might be interested, you do the following.

Go on the left MFCD and DSMS, then inventory, select the bombs (you will need to do this one by one), you will see the option to change the LS code there, i ususally do something like 1655. Once inputed, click the LOAD button on the bottom right. Repeat for each laser bomb.

Then go on right MFCD and go into TGP, select Air to Ground, then select the properities i think from the top left corner. On the left hand side, you will see 2 areas where the code 1688 is, change BOTH of those to 1655 in this case, should be LS code and LSS code i believe.

Sometimes the LS codes on the TGP change to 0 from their default 1688 code, probably a bug, but it occurs when you select a different payload on start up, and reload the CDU manually. My advice is to select the payload you want before starting up the plane, that way you will not run into this problem, and you will not need to reload your CDU once the plane is completely ready to go. So if your bombs are missing, I would first check the LS code on the TGP (and change if not 1688 if you have not changed it to something else for the bombs), second thing I would check are your LS times if you did the auto lase from the profile page of the bomb, depending on your altitude.

PS: Its the little details that count...

Edited by ralfidude

Thank you but frankly, that was not a great explanation after finding that out the hard way of experimenting with it for 20 minutes while in flight...

For those who might be interested, you do the following.

Go on the left MFCD and DSMS

The DSMS can be swapped to either side just FYI. I think that is done via coolie switch forward (short) I think I am not at my desk so it might be long not short.

BTW I don't mean to sound rude to you but the way you came across in your post to Eddie is a bit rude after all he did give you the answer just not what you wanted to hear. I think its the way you have said "thank you but frankly". We all spend a bit of time with this and its great you are sharing information as you have but not everyone has the time to type.

Good write up.

Much love

Flesh

Edited by Fleshpiston

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

The DSMS can be swapped to either side just FYI. I think that is done via coolie switch forward (short) I think I am not at my desk so it might be long not short.

BTW I don't mean to sound rude to you but the way you came across in your post to Eddie is a bit rude after all he did give you the answer just not what you wanted to hear. I think its the way you have said "thank you but frankly". We all spend a bit of time with this and its great you are sharing information as you have but not everyone has the time to type.

Good write up.

Much love

Flesh

He asked a question and frankly i can't imagine it would have help him a lot .. Either nobody respond or he can give the full answer . I dont see any rude aspect in his comment .

Not rude but also not too kind at all.

It's the kind of answer that those give, who are not satisfied with getting the keywords they'd had to look for in the Flight Manual, but instead want the answering person (who obviously has read the manual, maybe even more than once) to put it all together for them.

As long as there are guys willing to do so, fine. But argueing about those who don't... :music_whistling:

And in the end: Finding out stuff yourself is much more satisfying anyway! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Not rude but also not too kind at all.

And in the end: Finding out stuff yourself is much more satisfying anyway! :D

100% :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

I apologize if it came across as rude. Not meant that way. I appreciate any help I can get and I truly WAS more satisfied that I figured it out myself.

My only point was that short answers by some people around these forums does not help out a lot of people, so I figured I would explain a bit more in detail so that if a next person is wondering the same thing, they now know how to do it and will not need to panic and wonder if what they did just made things considerably worse, or if a hundred civilians are about to die from a bomb gone astray. :)

Audio of flares correctly modeled?

I searched around a little on YouTube but wasn't able to find any clips of how flares sound when they are released from inside the cockpit. In the sim, flares are barely audible when launched and result in very quiet thumping sound. I've never been in an A-10 but it seems to me that there isn't that much airplane between the pilot's nugget and the buckets.

In my experience flares are by no means deafening but the sound they make is unmistakable and impossible to ignore. It sounds kind of like slamming a book down on a table or stomping your foot on a wooden deck. Some pilots have described it as a baseball bat hitting the windshield. Coupled with the wailing of the MWS, no cup of coffee will wake you up faster than that.

So are the flares really that quiet inside? Could the sim be modded to increase their sounds?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair III Formula / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz / RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB / GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6850

Display: Sony Bravia 32" HDTV / Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, TIR5, Bose A20, Mini fridge w/ Yuengling

Nope. :music_whistling:

I think you misunderstand his question. ;)

Yes, DCS has multiplayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was wondering if this game was mulitplayer?

I assume you got that but in case you didn't yes it is, there is a very strong multiplayer community.

EDIT: Damn you Ethereal, beat me to it.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I searched around a little on YouTube but wasn't able to find any clips of how flares sound when they are released from inside the cockpit. In the sim, flares are barely audible when launched and result in very quiet thumping sound. I've never been in an A-10 but it seems to me that there isn't that much airplane between the pilot's nugget and the buckets.

In my experience flares are by no means deafening but the sound they make is unmistakable and impossible to ignore. It sounds kind of like slamming a book down on a table or stomping your foot on a wooden deck. Some pilots have described it as a baseball bat hitting the windshield. Coupled with the wailing of the MWS, no cup of coffee will wake you up faster than that.

So are the flares really that quiet inside? Could the sim be modded to increase their sounds?

You actually have a point there. I have no idea how they sound from the cockpit, but having heard flares being deployed from overflying aircraft while on the ground, they certainly make a much louder noise than in the sim. It was more like a large calibre gunshot when the C-130s and C-17 used to pump them out on landing.

I'll look into it and see if I can obtain any hard evidence to support a change in the sim sounds.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I am really curious how you came to that conclusion!

Guest Fury_007

I was in the rear of a C-130 with the doors open about to jump when the pilot banked hard right and hit the deck. As this was happening I saw bright flashes outside of the doors and some smoke made its way into the plane. The green light came on and we were told to get the hell out quickly. Needless to say, we missed the dropzone, but not by much.... Good pilots!

Maybe it's cause I was scared shitless, or maybe it's because it happened so fast, but either way, I don't remember those flares being loud at all.

I later found out that something had locked on to us. I'm not sure if the flares were on auto on the 130, or if it was just an escape maneuver and good training. Either way, now that I can look back on it, it was pretty cool.