DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Guys, ease up on them a bit. Suggest your suggestions and wait for a yes, no, maybe, and leave it at that.

They have enough trouble as it is having to work on this games patches, KA-50s patches, and the new DCS fix wing aircraft. Should we start the bets on which one it will be? F-15 or f-18 in my opinion.

In any case, I'm sure they are really busy finishing that Nevada map just for me! :)

EDIT: Have a question. My buddies and I have been flying together and rely on each others targets to coordinate attacks, and we have been doing so by activating SPI ON through that TAD screen. However, when the plane that wants to see the other persons SPI goes about it, he has to make TAD SOI, and HOOK the SPI which shows up at the end of the blue line protruding from the wingman with TMS up LONG command, then CHINA hat it to look at the area with their TGP.

Is there another way of going about sending this stuff to the people in my group ID? I know its a continuous stream when i have the SPI broadcasting but I thought I heard someone say before that you press TMS left or something and it sends your current SPI to all the people in your GROUP ID, and that the receiving end just confirms it with tms left short like you would with Jtac. I know that when Jtac sends you info, all you do is press TMS left short to confirm it, as well as TMS left short to clear out any msgs, like warnings.

If there is such a tool, can someone explain it to me step by step, just to make sure I am doing everything right. I tried designating a target, TMS UP LONG, then while having the TGP as SOI, i TMS left LONG and short commanded it, and DMS Left Long and Short commanded it, nothing. I tried the same with the TAD seleceted as SOI, all while the SPI ON function was on.

Edited by ralfidude

FYI...I won't say the exact suite we are real world on but I will say it's past suite 6....LOTS of avionics changes since 3.1 and not limited to just the TGP...

And although the helmet mounted sight contract may have been awarded none are being used (at least at Moody) yet...

Edited by Snoopy

Paul, if I read you right you're ground crew which is righteous. A ground crew would have been handy when I was tear-assing around in M1A1s back in the day.

USAF is looking for bidders for Suite 8.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=16b08e0c6065072ba1ff4ecc78ccd3a5&tab=core&_cview=0

According to this article:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/a-highertech-hog-the-a10c-pe-program-03187/

Suite 7 is current, though I would expect spread from state to state depending on the vagaries of budgets and so on that plague all upgrade programs.

But I wouldn't expect you to confirm or deny (please don't even hint) and of course open source is open source.

• ED Team
EDIT: Have a question. My buddies and I have been flying together and rely on each others targets to coordinate attacks, and we have been doing so by activating SPI ON through that TAD screen. However, when the plane that wants to see the other persons SPI goes about it, he has to make TAD SOI, and HOOK the SPI which shows up at the end of the blue line protruding from the wingman with TMS up LONG command, then CHINA hat it to look at the area with their TGP.

Is there another way of going about sending this stuff to the people in my group ID? I know its a continuous stream when i have the SPI broadcasting but I thought I heard someone say before that you press TMS left or something and it sends your current SPI to all the people in your GROUP ID, and that the receiving end just confirms it with tms left short like you would with Jtac. I know that when Jtac sends you info, all you do is press TMS left short to confirm it, as well as TMS left short to clear out any msgs, like warnings.

If there is such a tool, can someone explain it to me step by step, just to make sure I am doing everything right. I tried designating a target, TMS UP LONG, then while having the TGP as SOI, i TMS left LONG and short commanded it, and DMS Left Long and Short commanded it, nothing. I tried the same with the TAD seleceted as SOI, all while the SPI ON function was on.

Yes you can send a mission assignment to a PPLI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Hook your SPI, then hook your buddy. On the right side of the TAD appears a "send0201" (number chosen as example - would be OID 2 GID 1 in this case). Press the cooresponding OSB and your wingie will recieve the target assignment, which he can then accept or decline.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Sorry for my offtop, but!

I'm glad to introduce you an Official =RAF= Tournament.

All information in my signature and here.

Сквад =RAF= проводит набор курсантов на все доступные ЛА, выпущенные компанией Eagle Dynamics.

=RAF=AfkMan[1241]

Instructor of DCS A-10C

[sIGPIC]GFYS[/sIGPIC]

Ваша ошибка в том, что вы считаете всех вокруг себя идиотами.

Specs: ASUS Z170-PRO , Intel i7-6700k, nVidia GTX950(ASUS), 16Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance, Win 8.1 x64, x55 Rhino

Will the next A10C patch will be payware ?

Why would you think so?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That refers to an 'Upgrade' and always has, as opposed to a 'Patch': There is a difference ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yeah maybe, but then when another new DCS module will be out (who said Hornet ? Didn't say Hornet.), will it require an 'Upgrade' for every other 'older' DCS module ? The question is not that important right now as we only have one DCS module that needs an upgrade ; but since the DCS series seem built to last a long while, the first DCS modules like Warthog and BlackShark will have cost you quite a lot if you pay for every upgrade just to keep the online compatibility. Not saying that it will be this way for sure but any 'official' answer on that issue would be greatly appreciated :)

(already asked this, like many others, on the "BS2" topic of the BS forums)

92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

Yeah maybe, but then when another new DCS module will be out (who said Hornet ? Didn't say Hornet.), will it require an 'Upgrade' for every other 'older' DCS module ? The question is not that important right now as we only have one DCS module that needs an upgrade ; but since the DCS series seem built to last a long while, the first DCS modules like Warthog and BlackShark will have cost you quite a lot if you pay for every upgrade just to keep the online compatibility. Not saying that it will be this way for sure but any 'official' answer on that issue would be greatly appreciated :)

The only answer that could be given is that nobody knows. It'll likely depend how much work ED need to do and if they feel that they can do the work within the limits of a free patch or would need to be a paid upgrade.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The thing i like the most is the " surprise " .. Have ED ever heard the word " communication " not any announce about the payware part.. What a surprise : evrybody's so happy to be surprised by this new upgrade that they buy it right now but if ED had spoken about the 20$ 1 month before the release i'm sure there wouldn't be as much fanboys buying it at the second it comes out ? We have now 4 games with different planes etc : BS1 A10C BS2 FC2 ... is it so impossible to get ONE DCS at least ( i understand FC2 is different psychology ) ONE exe. If they " rebuilt all the game " like they say evrywhere .. why didnt they make One.exe ...

Being taken by surprise for a patch that just give the capabilities that we have already payed 60$ with A10C for a second .exe is ... ED

Edited by Divide Et Impera

Assume yes, then you won't be disappointed.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My previous question regarding sending your SPI to a wingman, I got it down wher ei hook my TGP position in my TAD, then i hook my wingman, then press the button to send. Now he accepts, with TMS left short, however does he now have to go to his TAD and hook that new point i sent him?

Or can he press a button or two to get his TGP right on it?

Because this method of sending the SPI like this is actually bullsh*t. Its just faster and easier to look at the TAD screen, see what your wingman is broadcasting, and hook on to that position, and then china hat to it to look at the point with yoru TGP.

I was hoping for something along the lines of sending it, then having my wingman accept, and press china hat to TGP to it automatically.

LSS as in to laze a target and have him pick it up on the TGP?

Where can i find documentation or videos that show how to set up the DL point and LSS. I remember seeing videos at night of one A-10 lazing a target, and you could see the laze through night vision. I tried this online, and had no joy... :(

Where can i find documentation or videos that show how to set up the DL point and LSS. I remember seeing videos at night of one A-10 lazing a target, and you could see the laze through night vision. I tried this online, and had no joy... :(

That was the IR-pointer, not the laser.

A quick question, what's the key for fast forward and normal speed? I remember reading this somewhere but I forgot. Thanks in advance!

Ctrl+Z increases time compression, Shift+Z resets it to 1x, Alt+Z reduces it.

I think. It's definitely those keys but I'm only 99% sure I got their functions right.

Spacebar isnt working in training mission(s)

Hello guys, haven't played for a while and after a nice pc upgrade i thought i should start playing this "game" again.

When i try to play the start up procedure training mission my trainer asks to press space bar to continue. I do that, but it does not proceed.

It used to work just fine before...

I did a search on the forums and i found a couple users reporting the same problem but i didnt find a solution.

Ctrl+Z increases time compression, Shift+Z resets it to 1x, Alt+Z reduces it.

I think. It's definitely those keys but I'm only 99% sure I got their functions right.

For ALL the french users who read this : don't do that in flight

You know the difference between QWERTY keyboards and AZERTY keyboards . So in the AZERTY ones : CTRL + Z = Jettison all weapons. Its quite annoying when flying since 20 mins and " oh shit lets speed this up ... oh goood "

I think it MAY be Ctrl + W you see what i mean , but NOT Ctrl + Z :megalol: