DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

So I have to have this pressed while moving the mouse? Sorry I'm not on the PC right now so I can't test it.

Nope, the LAlt-C is a toggle. Press it once and moving your mouse will move the camera. Scrolling the wheel will zoom in or out. You can't however click anything. So you'd press LAlt-C again to interact with things. Possibly map the LAlt-C to an additional mouse button so you can do the move and toggle all with the mouse?

• ED Team
If you're on about the option in the IFFCC menu, it does nothing (not implemented).

In fact it is implemented. Try it, and you will notice that all ranges will be in kilometers on HUD.

N.B.

I suspect that even testers never have seen all 100% of the functionality implemented. :) I am in doubt that anyone ever have tried to use GCAS training, or weapon release data capture autodisplay functions. This is one of tricks of DCS - there is always still some things to discover.

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

The what and what now?

Please... tell us more!

(No, seriously...)

PS, I went to the IFFCC and played around with some options like turning on the Tapes in the display, where it makes it look like an F15 HUD, pretty cool, then there was one option I cannot remember, that each time I would press the weapons release on a bomb or maverick, the hud would flash twice with weird writing for under a second, and then go back to normal. LOL, what the hell??

• ED Team
then there was one option I cannot remember, that each time I would press the weapons release on a bomb or maverick, the hud would flash twice with weird writing for under a second, and then go back to normal. LOL, what the hell??

This is the Weapon Release Data Capture. Its purpose is to display weapon release parameters on HUD tape, for debriefing. Usually it is used during training sorties. In some A-10A videos available in internet you may see this option in action.

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
The what and what now?

Please... tell us more!

(No, seriously...)

PS, I went to the IFFCC and played around with some options like turning on the Tapes in the display, where it makes it look like an F15 HUD, pretty cool, then there was one option I cannot remember, that each time I would press the weapons release on a bomb or maverick, the hud would flash twice with weird writing for under a second, and then go back to normal. LOL, what the hell??

Ok. Some 'exotic' things to try:

IFFCC:

- Minimum altitude in 30mm submenu. This will generate a triangle near gun sight displaying where you are relative to the minimum altitude set.

- Vertical velocity scale for HUD NAV mode.

- Variable target elevation. Works only when IFFCC elevation mode was changed from DTS to HOT, and loaded gun ammo type is not CM.

- GCAS training. You may set false ground plane and PULL UP voice warning will be heard against this altitude instead of the ground level.

- Adjustable target data list for A-A gun. You may exclude unnecessary aircraft from the list. Also you may enter any wingspan you want in MAN-FXD and MAN-RTY submenu.

- IFF alert. IFF is still non functional in A-10C, but starting from 1.1.1.1 you will be able to hear IFF voice warning, if IFF alert has been set up. This is a reminder for the pilot to change IFF codes.

DSMS profile:

- DES TOF. It drives a small cue moving along CCIP PBIL. It is actually another bomb sight which may be used to drop bombs with desired Time Of Flight when it is superimposed over CCIP reticle.

- MIN TOF/MIN ALT. If entered, it drives Minimum Range Stapple along with minimum frag safety altitude. As an example you may set MIN ALT to 10000 ft, to not fly occasionally lower than this altitude and thus not to expose yourself to AAA and small arms.

Enjoy. :)

Edited by Olgerd
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About the IFFCC and the metric setting. The flight manual says: METRIC. Select Y to display HUD data values in Metric. Select N to display in imperial values.

Exactly what data values on the HUD are displayed in metric? Only distances, or speed and altitude too?

• ED Team
About the IFFCC and the metric setting. The flight manual says: METRIC. Select Y to display HUD data values in Metric. Select N to display in imperial values.

Exactly what data values on the HUD are displayed in metric? Only distances, or speed and altitide too?

IFFCC HOT target elevation, distance to steerpoint, distance to SPI, CCIP/GUN sights slant range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I went to the IFFCC and played around with some options like turning on the Tapes in the display, where it makes it look like an F15 HUD, pretty cool

About speed tape. Why is it so that the bigger figures are on the bottom of the tape and smaller on top? I feel like it is upside down, somehow. I think I've seen pics of F-16 HUD, and the tape is just vice versa. More natural way.

• ED Team
About speed tape. Why is it so that the bigger figures are on the bottom of the tape and smaller on top? I feel like it is upside down, somehow. I think I've seen pics of F-16 HUD, and the tape is just vice versa. More natural way.

I don't know. This how it works IRL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Does that mean that the IFF panel will be working in one of the upcoming patches?

Unfortunately IFF needs support from AI, so don't expect it in patches. We think about implementing IFF in future.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any way to stop the aircraft from rolling by itself on ramp start?

It has been happening on multiple servers with many friends online in random areas and spots. It has nothing to do with our throttle... I know the A10 does not have a parking break, and IRL they put the slippers on the wheels, but I also heard a rumor that there is a parking break at the foot pedals somewhere, might not be true.

Usually when I engage the nose wheel steering on start up, it stops it from rolling, but that doesnt always work. I find myself in the field quite a lot.... Im pretty sure it's the wind but... Any plans on a work around for this?

• Like 2

Is there any way to stop the aircraft from rolling by itself on ramp start?

Just gotta hold the wheel brakes. I think there's been some discussion about this as it seems more of an issue in 1.1.1.0 than it has been before, but not sure if it's something they have any view on changing.

If you've got a controller with a switch that sends a continuous "button down" event then that can make do as a parking brake. I use a switch on a VRinsight panel for this. Exactly the same as just holding the toe brakes down, but without the strain. :)

Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do in MP. In SP you can hold 'w' to apply the brakes, pause it, release 'w', then unpause it - and the game will act as if you're still holding 'w' down. That obviously doesn't work in MP.

You might be able to use something like AutoHotKeys or your joystick profiling software to have it "hold down" the W key when you press a button.

What is the touch for flares?

If you mean what key/control it is to expend flares, then it's not quite that simple.

There's no command specifically to "expend flare" or "expend chaff" - you can set up the programs however you like and then the countermeasure system can be instructed to start the currently selected program with CMS FWD (and to stop it prematurely with CMS AFT). Program C expends lots of flares, typically what I use if I want to use them up real quick.

• Like 1

Hello!

I speak just of flares of fighter sweep to deflect missile. There isn't key/control for this flares?

Thanks!

Good evening!

If you are with defaults:

Press key 0 (= zero, located about below F8 function key on your keyboard) 2 times to get a countermeasures prog with decent flares. Then press button 7 (below function keys again). Then if you press F2, you should see flares. (I suppose you have countermeasures active, not standby or off)

Edited by FreeFall

not targeting

for a while the a-10c would not sart from off to idle i was advised or rather was suggested i delete all folder DCS WARTHOG in order for the warthog to start.'c:/users/dave/savegames/dcswarthog, etc,now, having done that all was successfull and it worked perfecly and has fixed th issue,however having done that, another problem has arisen.no hotas targeting aquisision.all targets still appear red and visible but no 'wedding cake symbol'all settings via the mfcd's both work perfectly up to the this point.have tried deleting the entire dcs eagle dynamics folder with a clean install.i have the two patches 1.1.0.9 and 8 but nothing.any suggestions?:cry:

for a while the a-10c would not sart from off to idle i was advised or rather was suggested i delete all folder DCS WARTHOG in order for the warthog to start.'c:/users/dave/savegames/dcswarthog, etc,now, having done that all was successfull and it worked perfecly and has fixed th issue,however having done that, another problem has arisen.no hotas targeting aquisision.all targets still appear red and visible but no 'wedding cake symbol'all settings via the mfcd's both work perfectly up to the this point.have tried deleting the entire dcs eagle dynamics folder with a clean install.i have the two patches 1.1.0.9 and 8 but nothing.any suggestions?:cry:

Ensure you select the 'SIMULATION' tab in the SP GUI/Options/Gameplay screen, alternatively at least the 'GAME AVIONICS MODE' box unticked at the top of the selections:

1c1d320c.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Most of those flags will be removed by the ground crew before the pilot walks to the aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Just gotta hold the wheel brakes. I think there's been some discussion about this as it seems more of an issue in 1.1.1.0 than it has been before, but not sure if it's something they have any view on changing.

If you've got a controller with a switch that sends a continuous "button down" event then that can make do as a parking brake. I use a switch on a VRinsight panel for this. Exactly the same as just holding the toe brakes down, but without the strain. :)

Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do in MP. In SP you can hold 'w' to apply the brakes, pause it, release 'w', then unpause it - and the game will act as if you're still holding 'w' down. That obviously doesn't work in MP.

You might be able to use something like AutoHotKeys or your joystick profiling software to have it "hold down" the W key when you press a button.

Huum, i remember have got the issue ( 1.08 ) by the past, but strangely i have never get the issue again then... The only thing i see is i allways check the throttle are in lower position before the game load.

I remember the plane was start movine when the first engine start, but now it is ok. ( i use the keyboard for pass in idle, not the throttle ( my x52 don't have dual throttle ) ... Left engine first

Edited by Lane
  • Like 1

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro