Request - G940 Tips/Tricks Compendium

I have a G940 showing up today and after trying my hand at the search function and recalling information read in HOTAS threads i am completely lost.

There seems to be varying information regarding 'slop', curves, force feedback settings, and button assignments. I also recall a thread were someone made an addon/plugin that bound the 8 buttons on the base of the throttle to AP and weapons buttons but now i cant find it.

Being that this particular model HOTAS has a fair amount of discussion here, i politely request people post threads they have used to complete their G940 configurations, as well as other tips, tricks, or plugins being used with DCS products.

Thanks,

Tristan

This is the thread for the G940 LED program. I will only work in single player as just about every server considers it "cheating" to have lua export enabled so you cant even join most servers with it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45895

As far as stick settings go: my advice: Ignore most of those threads. Many are based on old firmware and/or software. In the end its all down to personal prefrence on how it feels to you. I do not recommend tampering with stick curves or FFB settings within the game at all because many are duplicated within the stick software. I've seen several posts where people are turning 1 setting down in the profiler then turning it back up in the game settings. Deadzones etc are duplicated between both although they are not named the same the net effect is the same and you will only confuse yourself for hours on end sorting it out. Tune the overall force in the profiler if you thing the stick force is too strong for you.

The first post of this thread is good info but some of it is outdated:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45695

First unless you feel like totally reprogramming the stick or wondering why the included DCS:BS profile doesnt work:

The .exe location for the game is changed between the original game and the 1.02 version so you must choose the proper location for the exe so that you can use the Blackshark profile that is included with the G940. Open the profiler. Pick "select game" pick DCS:BS. Now hit the "edit" menu at the top and pick properties. The new location should be similar to this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe

Note: I am on W7 x 64 if you are 32 bit it will just be program files...

Now you can alter the default profile to your liking without spending hours typing in commands.

If you are a pilot that that does press and hold on the trimmer while manouvering like I do, here is a tip that will somewhat remove the trimmer force when you depress and hold the trim button ( as in the real KA-50)

Again its personal prefrence, some people prefer to constantly make small trim adjustments and just trim -adjust -trim-adjust etc. I find this way to be cumbersome and hard to do when in combat and you need to manuver quickly.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55303

The biggest problem I had with switching to the FFB is that even though the stick is now FFB your rudder peddals will not be. So what you need to learn is after you release the trim button is to remove pressure off the rudder or you will spin uncontrollably intil you trim reset, hit a rudder key like z or press rudder in the opposite direction.

Eventually you will want to fine tune it but do not get overzealous with changing settings, only try one at a time and see what it does for you.

Dont get too confused about the slop discussion. It's not about slop in the stick being read by the game but a small slop in that there is play in the actual force feedback IE if you are using the tape over the deadman sensor and remove your hand you can jiggle the stick around its trimmed postition. Being as the stick is using hall sensors and can sense the tinyest of movements the helicopter can sometimes wander from a perfect hover state because of the small FFB slop not holding it exactly where you left it. It doesn't hold it perfectly tight like the old Microsoft FFB sticks.

No ammount of tweaking or fiddling with settings can correct this because it is a hardware issue.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Yes, thank you, Slayer - I have been considering investing in a G940 and found your post and the links very helpful understanding its capabilities, particularly applied to BS.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

I have no FF in BS - the buttons are greyed out when I go to FFTune.

Anyone know about this plz.

You need to select a column with a FF controller.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I do that but still greyed out - all settings in G940 clibration are set for FF.

Will have to keep searching thanks for reply.

:thumbup:

Salute!

Find the "Producer.cfg" file in the BS Config directory:

Chech this line:

ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;

If it's "false", than change it to "true"

I hope it will helps!

Br,

Dummy

Does your G940 work in any other FFB enabled games? In the joystick control pannel do you have forces on the joystick test page?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

The biggest problem I had with switching to the FFB is that even though the stick is now FFB your rudder peddals will not be. So what you need to learn is after you release the trim button is to remove pressure off the rudder or you will spin uncontrollably intil you trim reset, hit a rudder key like z or press rudder in the opposite direction.

This is what's bugging me the most at the moment. The whole reason I bought this setup was so I could trim and not have to quickly recenter axes in some make-believe charade pretending things are in a different position. A real shark pilot would not quickly recenter his feet whenever he hit trim - they would stay where they are, just like the cyclic does. A simple "Disable Rudder Trim" option is all that would be required. Unfortunately, I don't have any hopes for further patches for the shark which is a huge shame.

Maybe you can program this script also on a G940:

How to unchain the rudder from trim

This is what's bugging me the most at the moment. The whole reason I bought this setup was so I could trim and not have to quickly recenter axes in some make-believe charade pretending things are in a different position. A real shark pilot would not quickly recenter his feet whenever he hit trim - they would stay where they are, just like the cyclic does. A simple "Disable Rudder Trim" option is all that would be required. Unfortunately, I don't have any hopes for further patches for the shark which is a huge shame.

Its "true" thanks again - will search, maybe reinstall of BS.

I just realized you can actually type even though it is grey. Just click in the box and you can type.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Maybe you can program this script also on a G940:

How to unchain the rudder from trim

I tried a kind of workaround based on this for the G940: Open your profile in the Logitech profiler, switch to the page with the pedals. Select the rudder axis and pick "Select Axis assignment" Pick new assignment. for axis left use the "Rudder left" command and for Axis right use "Rudder right" command. Basically you are emulating keypresses now with the rudder. It's not as accurate as using the axis but if you trim with the rudder pressed when you release the pedals they will recenter most of the time, if they dont just tap the pedals and its back to center.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs