1.02 patch error after error.

driver7408

String expected, got no value. stackback something or another. lua files. I have no patience for this. Version 1.01 worked just fine. I installed this patch fresh, from 1.0 disc. I think that the mods should organize this forum a little better with forum specific subheadings, especially for bugs. This is not a simple simulator, nor a simple helicopter, but at the same time Its just tiring scouring through post after post to get information here. I notice I spend more time doing that than I do playing. I don't even feel like looking around for what this issue could be.

Well,

if there's one thing you need to fly an attack helicoptre as it is supposed to be flown, it's patience.

The patches worked flawless for me, and a lot of other people.

I'm sure there's a lot of people here willing to help you out, but you'll have to show up with some essential and clear information.

-have you tried searching (with the handy search-function) this fine forum for the errors you see on your screen ?

-I'm sure you know 1.02 goes over a fresh install, and not on top of 1.01 ?

-your hardware specs

-when exactly do you get the (vaguely described) errors ? During patching? While launching the sim ?

-what is the exact text in the errors you get ? Maybe you can take a screenshot of them ?

Hope it helps.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

I know all about patience and attack helicopters. I used to work on them.

I uninstalled 1.01 and reinstalled the patch over a clean version of 1.0, based on my conclusions from the forum after a good hour of reading the 1.02 patch thread.

I'm currently running a dual boot Vista 32/ XP 64 machine with an E8500 overclocked to around 4.1, 4 gigs RAM, and an 8800 ultra. I installed it on Vista 32. I've checked the basics. All settings are optimal; I built this computer to run FSX. BS ran just fine before the patch.

The error shows up so far during launching BS 1.02, and when I go to the options screen (in attempts to set up my controller) The error is a long repeated list of string "expected got no value", referencing various lua/ me files. It pops up when I start the sim, and again when I hit the 'options' button.

Only thing I did differently is I installed DCS:BS in a file I named "aaa" on my root hard drive, rather in the program files directory, and its likely trying to reference a folder somewhere else that isn't there. I have the feeling that if I reinstall it under program files, this fault will go away. I have read though that its better not to install BS under program files.

I have looked forever on this forum for a good install guide/FAQ for advanced users. Someone really needs to write one. Most of what I have to read through are repeated posts from people with little computer / helicopter knowledge asking the same simple questions. It gets tiring scouring through 100's of threads just to get one good tidbit of useful info that applies to my installation.

You do know that you can't start the program from the Launcher.exe.

I suspect that your unconventional install may be part of your problem, whenever I do an install of anything into unconventional (default) directories /drives etc, and find I am having problems, the very first thing I do, is backtrack and reinstall exactly the way the program wants to be installed.

I also assume that if I'm having a problem and the forums aren't FLOODED with a similar problem, then obviously I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

Otherwise there would be hundreds of posts about the exact issue I'm having.

Now when I determine that I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG

I definitely don't go onto a forum with a super demanding attitude and start telling folks how there forum needs to be reorganized, UNTIL I FIX MY OWN ISSUES!.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

Also try putting your frsh install of BS on the "c" drive and not in the "programs" folder.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Upon opening BS:

Error:

.\blackshark\modules\me_traceback.lua:110:bad arguement #1 to 'member' (string expected,got no value)

followed by a list of ->stack: lines

Ive done a full search on this forum and found a couple similar problems, but no solutions (No old files in Virtual Store, running as admin, ect.) I also followed the 1.02 install guide to the letter.

Patching a program shouldn't be this difficult. I update other software all the time without encountering these issues. Gonna try one more reinstall. If it doesn't work I'm done bothering with this program altogether.

I very much doubt that it will work, but it's getting fun watching you lose your cool.

You seem to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Here is the path to my Launcher.exe D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\x86\stable

I couldn't even imagine how naming one of those directories to "aaa" would allow anything to work any better.

The patch 1.02 creates a very new Sim it's more like installing a completely new version of the Sim.

A lot of weird things you may have gotten away with when using v 1.00 or v 1.01 may no longer apply, and no DEV in the world could anticipate all of those weird unconventional things.

Many threads here discuss how installing to desktop got it going.

I fully expect you to tell us all how you are going to demand a refund just like you did with FC2,

YES I DID read many of your past posts and I wouldn't talk to you this way if I hadn't done that

I would just assume you're having a bad day.

But in reading your many past posts I can see that you are a HOT HEAD who thinks that a Developer should be on here catering to all of your personal needs.

Good luck and Good riddance.:pilotfly:

P.S. when it gets completely unbearable try slamming your forehead into your touchbuddy screen while booting up.

Edited by aairon

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I very much doubt that it will work, but it's getting fun watching you lose your cool.

I fully expect you to tell us all how you are going to demand a refund just like you did with FC2,

YES I DID read many of your past posts and I wouldn't talk to you this way if I hadn't done that

I would just assume you're having a bad day.

But in reading your many past posts I can see that you are a HOT HEAD who thinks that a Developer should be on here catering to all of your personal needs.

Good luck and Good riddance.:pilotfly:

P.S. when it gets completely unbearable try slamming your forehead into your touchbuddy screen while booting up.

Wow. You obviously have a lot of time on your hands to read forum posts. I'm not asking for the developer to cater to my every need, just pay attention to issues and offer a forum where they can be fixed. (Gee, not yet I think I've found a post that even explains, solves or responds to the Microsoft FFB trim issue...Yet a million and one posts by people who don't even know what force trim is, when a little research would explain it quite well) Not yet sure if patch 1.02 fixed it, because it has yet to work.

I think if you do a little more reading with all of that time you seem to have, you will find many others with the EXACT same complaints about software support here.

PS: I reinstalled patch 1.02 EXACTLY the same way I did the first time, and now it works. Now tell me its something due to my setup.

Edited by driver7408

You are saying the program has a randomizer built into it that will allow it to be installed at one time and then not installed the exact same way another time? B.S.

You are so full of it you do this same stuff in your entire post history.

You will NEVER ADMIT that you were doing something wrong and one of the posters mentioned something that solved your issue.

You have posted this exact same type of rant and Never once in any of your posts do you admit that you discovered that you were F'ing UP.

Now go fly that thing on line while I pray that I find you as Prey!:megalol:

I never did think it was your "setup"/equipment, I always thought it was operator error 100%

Edited by aairon

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are saying the program has a randomizer built into it that will allow it to be installed at one time and then not installed the exact same way another time? B.S.

You are so full of it you do this same stuff in your entire post history.

You will NEVER ADMIT that you were doing something wrong and one of the posters mentioned something that solved your issue.

You have posted this exact same type of rant and Never once in any of your posts do you admit that you discovered that you were F'ing UP.

Now go fly that thing on line while I pray that I find you as Prey!:megalol:

Dead honest.. I did absolutely NOTHING different this install vs. the last install. Mind you, I'm running Microsoft Vista. I did find forum posts with this same issue, and reinstalling seemed to fix it; or I could assume it did because the OP's never explained anything else they found that fixed the problem.

As far as my last rant: I posted an error log as requested, and never got any feedback. I think I later found on my own trial and error efforts that the newest version of track IR drivers didn't work right with LOMAC. My bad for trying to use the latest drivers on a game that was incompatible with them after their newest patch. Nice you're so quick to judge and assume. Maybe you need to read and comprehend my post history a little better before you start making personal judgements.

Edited by driver7408

...that the newest version of track IR drivers didn't work right with LOMAC. My bad for trying to use the latest drivers on a game that was incompatible with them after their newest patch.

This sounds very unlikely.

But I'm glad your FC2 problem got fixed. Computers sometimes behave strange, but so do people. :smilewink:

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi. Old thread, but in case anyone's still having this issue:

I had the same problem. Seems to be related to old monitor setups after 1.02 update. I had two (unused) different profiles in \Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\MonitorSetup, deleted them (restoring to default) and haven't had any errors since.

For reference, there should be four files in the folder:

1camera.lua

3cameras.lua

shkval+camera.lua

shkval+camera+abris.lua

Hopefully you still have them.

DCS Wiki! :book:

if you are using a customised monitor lua there is a big impact change that causes an error, it drove me completely batty for a while, and it is dead simple to correct the following two lines need to be added to the start any of your version 1.0x LUA's:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('nameoffile');

where nameoffile is replaced by whatever you have called the LUA.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 6 months later...
if you are using a customised monitor lua there is a big impact change that causes an error, it drove me completely batty for a while, and it is dead simple to correct the following two lines need to be added to the start any of your version 1.0x LUA's:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('nameoffile');

where nameoffile is replaced by whatever you have called the LUA.

Old thread but thanks a bunch man. Didnt know where to start to get rid of those errors. Basically finally registered here to say this :) +rep if I could.

Cheers

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I had similar issues to the above. I have a Vista x64 Home Premium OS. I had non default install path to my "I" drive, as:

I:\DCS\Ka-50

I had a clean install of version 1.0 as I only yesterday bought it at the recently reduced pricing (Thanks Eagle D for that!)

And it created the following...

I:\DCS\Ka-50\bin\x86\stable

While the simulation shortcuts, and apparently the exe itself was looking for everything to be here -

I:\DCS\Ka-50\bin\stable

I COPY / PASTED

I:\DCS\Ka-50\bin\x86\stable

back to it's original place

I:\DCS\Ka-50\bin\stable

And everything started working fine for me.

Hope this helps others.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried two clean installs and I keep getting this error. The game will load, but if I click on options, I get an error message and it will not allow to adjust options. VERY frustrating. Here is the black box info.

*edit - Only after the patch. The 1.0 game works perfectly. I'd like to play multi though. :(

LOP: false

locale: en EN

# trying: ././data/scripts/./optionsData.lua

# failed: ././data/scripts/./optionsData.lua

# trying: ././data/scripts/BS/optionsData.lua

# success: ././data/scripts/BS/optionsData.lua

# trying: ././data/scripts/./options.lua

# success: ././data/scripts/./options.lua

options data successfully loaded

Key "miniHUD" not found in destination table

Key "birds" not found in destination table

Key "optionsView" not found in destination table

Key "altTrimmingMethod" not found in destination table

Key "sound" not found in destination table

Error:

..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua:2157: attempt to index local 'destTable' (a

nil value)

Stack traceback:

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 2157 in func: traverse

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 2162 in func: traverse

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 2173 in func: loadSavedO

ptions

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 279 in func:

->stack: .\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua in line 234 in func:

setMusicVolume(0) -> 1

# trying localized: ./../scripts/input/./InputEvents.lua

# success: ./../scripts/input/./InputEvents_en.lua

# trying localized: ./data/text/./AboutGeneral.txt

# failed:

# trying localized: ./data/text/BS/AboutGeneral.txt

# success: ./data/text/BS/AboutGeneral.txt

# trying localized: ./data/text/./AboutCredits.txt

# failed:

# trying localized: ./data/text/BS/AboutCredits.txt

# success: ./data/text/BS/AboutCredits.txt

getLocalizedDirName, trying: ./../Missions/Campaigns/BS/en_EN

getLocalizedDirName, trying: ./../Missions/Campaigns/BS/en

getLocalizedDirName, success: ./../Missions/Campaigns/BS/en

getLocalizedDirName, trying: ./../Missions/Campaigns/BS/en_EN

getLocalizedDirName, trying: ./../Missions/Campaigns/BS/en

getLocalizedDirName, success: ./../Missions/Campaigns/BS/en

removing ./../Temp/tempMission.miz

Error:

..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua:2064: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a n

il value)

Stack traceback:

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 2064 in func: bindContro

l

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 238 in func: bindControl

s

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 424 in func: doCreate

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 1113 in func:

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\MainMenu.lua in line 139 in func: func

->stack: ..\luagui5\Widget.lua in line 266 in func:

->stack: .\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua in line 751 in func:

• 3 weeks later...

I get a very similar problem. I have Win 7.

I'm not very great with computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't do anything fancy at all. (monitors, joysticks, mods, etc) Tried installing 1.0 to the default directory, then installed the 1.0.2. patch... going to the options menu didnt work at all, and i constantly got the same error message described above. whats the next step, install straight to C:???

thanks guys.. love this game, but this patch is driving me nuts.

I'll just mention that I never install games to the same drive, let alone the same partition that my OS is installed. Maybe this advice will help you?

I have a separate 1TB drive partitioned into 300GB at the start for games and the rest for storage of stuff... I never had any problem installing DCS BS/A10.

The paths for both titles for me are as follows:

F:\Eagle Dynamics\KA-50

F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C

Windows might be picky about using the Program Files folder, I'm certainly picky when it comes to installing any games to my C: drive. Get a second drive, install to a path like I mention above and maybe report back if you still have any issues?

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

thanks, actually, i just got it to work by running the shortcut as administrator.

all the "lua" errors have ceased for now, though im dealing with serious clipping issues in like mountain ranges and such. i have a radeon 5450, guess ill update drivers if i can. any ideas?

edit: updated to drivers from july and messed with visibility settings in game.... nothing seems to do the trick, its rather gruesome to look at the mountain ranges... HELP! i have a screenshot if that'll help.

Edited by KriLLz

Yeh, but your GPU is rather poor I think. Might wanna look out for a second hand 8800GT/9800GT or equivalent ATi card, of which I'm not sure about.

Or do a fairly expensive upgrade and get one o the newer cards. Might be able to pick something up fairly decent and cheaper off ebay or summit..

Post a screenshot tho so we can see what you mean.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja