Training Missions

Pizzicato

A note about the gun and rocket tutorial...

For the rockets, the instructor has you configure the rockets to ripple pairs with a quantity of 3. Am I correct in assuming that you are supposed to fire 3 pairs of rockets, or is it just 3 rockets?

If the former, either the instructor should have you set the value to 6 for 3 pairs to be fired, or the DSMS should be fixed to have the value 3 be defined as 3 pairs instead of 3 rockets when the release type is set to ripple pairs.

Thanks guys!:thumbup:

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably already been found but I'm not going to read through 7 pages to find out. In the Start Up training mission, the canopy switch when clicked to close with the mouse moves but the canopy does not close, I had to use the keyboard command to do it. Also, the EAC switch on LASTE panel refused to move at all, even if I move the throttle out of the way. I couldn't go on with the mission.

This has probably already been found but I'm not going to read through 7 pages to find out.

So either use the 'search this forum' or 'search this thread' option, or at the very least read the FAQ. Both of those issues have been reported dozens of times, and a workaround for the EAC switch is available as well.

Remember that the 'open beta' forums are for people to participate in the beta. If you can't even spare a minute to conduct a quick search to see if the problem has already been reported (let alone read the FAQ stickies), then it's very unlikely your contribution is going to be anything other than noise. Please have a bit of respect for the dev and tester teams.

• Like 1

How about I put you in your place and say don't lecture people, you have no business doing so. Next time you feel empowered to say something like this on a forum, just remember you sound like a prick.

Oh, the irony! :D

You enter the thread, declare yourself too lazy to check if the issue has already been reported and then, when someone politely suggests that you search first in order to avoid spamming the board, you become patronising and condescending and lecture him on not lecturing before telling him he sounds like a prick.

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I notice that my air speed doesn't seem to be right? I'm runing the fans at 85% and the instructor mentions like a cruising speed of close to 300 or so.. I have trouble just trying to get to 250. Also is it normal to see the ailerons on each wing tip slightly in the up position? they dont seem to be flush with the inner part of the trailing edge of the wing. could this be the an issue with my speed? thanks

I suspect this is a difference between KIAS/KCAS/KTAS and ground speed (GS). The air-to-air mission starts with the HUD indicating 236 knots (KIAS) at 8030ft. Switching to the external view shows 269 (which I think is ground speed).

If you keep the HUD at around 236 for the mission, the instructor leaves you alone. If you increase to 250, you get reminded to keep it at "250 KIAS!".

Of course, as you climb in an aircraft, the IAS drops, relative to the ground speed. 236KIAS @ 8000ft seems about right for 250GS with no wind.

You can change the HUD airspeed display settings by:

-Set IFFCC switch to TEST

-Use UFC 'SEL', 'DATA' and 'ENT' switches to goto display modes> airspeed.

So in summary: I think the training missions use Ground speed for their parameters. But I wouldn't recommend using GS in the HUD - especially for takeoffs and landings!

P.S Amongst other settings - you can also change the speed and alt display to tapes, which I find more intuitive.

In the start up tutorial, everything runs smooth in terms of being told on what to click (besides canopy which in known and lighting ie. nav lights steady/flash)

But once I'm told to arm the LASTE, the switch is outlined and a clicking sound is made, but the switch dosn't move and the tutorial won't move past this point as the switch remains highlighted.

Is there a way around this?

Actually, LASTE switch when operated activates "Elevator Emergency Disengage" switch to the "right" position. Possibly a problem with mapping or smt.

Other bugs in the startup training mission:

1. Canopy close switch unserviceable (right click+hold doesn't close the cockpit).

2. Fuel truck stuck beneath the right flap.

3. Battery pwr switch highlight stays on.

4. The LASTE switch issue.

In the DSMS training, the players A-10 spawns on top of another A-10.

And when you follow the instructions and it says click on the Rockets but i dont have rockets loaded on my plane only two stations is loaded whit GPS bombs, the rest is emty!

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

I'm not sure if this has been posted (there are thousands of topics to search through and the keywords won't turn up anything useful) but in a training mission if you skip ahead of the guy he automatically continues to talk about the next step, so the sound over loops each other.

The same problem

Actually, LASTE switch when operated activates "Elevator Emergency Disengage" switch to the "right" position. Possibly a problem with mapping or smt.

Other bugs in the startup training mission:

1. Canopy close switch unserviceable (right click+hold doesn't close the cockpit).

2. Fuel truck stuck beneath the right flap.

3. Battery pwr switch highlight stays on.

4. The LASTE switch issue.

Hi, I have the same problem. Please send me PM if you know how to fix this

W7 64-bit

BFX Geforce 260GTX SOC (DX10)

Asus M2N-SLI (will upgrade to new)

4GB RAM

500GB HDD 200GB free

AMD64X2 4200+ (2*2.2ghz - will upgrade)

Installed only 64bit version of game.

more:

flaps switch working but not moving in cocpit.

seat position switch working upside-down and when you want set seat higher, than you'll open the canopy.

In nav training mission I switched to eggi and tacan but nothing happened(need to click 3-times) When i completly set TACAN, than no new instructions appeared. No voice is there(mabye not dubbed)

In training mission menu is used picture with cocpit of KA-50

Landing training mission not working (error about *.lua files)

Last voice record is not stopped when new one begines. (Sometimes I have not enough time to read whole text)

When I switch to desktop (by alt+tab), the game freezes. (mabye not bug, but it is annoying)

In multiplayer: It's a little annoying when i can't set payload before click on fly button.

Edited by AJaromir
Found more bugs.

Same here but for me the spacebar doesn't kill the immersion, it's a training mission for one to learn something.

Today i "flew" the NAV training mission and somewhere along the road it went wrong because the script expect a certain input but because the text had gone, i didn't know what to do anymore. The highlighted button to press was gone also maybe because i pressed a wrong button after i pressed the highlighted one.

Idea's:

- Only remove the text if trainnee accomplish the tasks correctly.

- If no input is needed, pressing the spacebar after the trainnee had enough time to read and "understand" what was written (because everyone is not a native english speaker and has to read it again to understand it 100% or because one wants to look something up in the manual). That it is more computerised is not the point, it's for learning purposes anyway!

- Speeding up the training mission to a desired point so one does not have to sit through the entire mission for something that was not understood at the end...(maybe difficult if input is needed to proceed).

- For me, no voice is needed, only text is fine, perhaps this makes it a bit simpler.

- Please make sure that the text refers "exactly" to what is mentioned in the manual. I haven't come across any problem in the NAV training mission but i do had some problem in the MAV section of the manual saying to press TMS Forward Short while i don't have that one listed in my controls page. I do have Up/Down/Left/Right. Makes it confusing...

I would like to see, that you put training missions in manual. With same text as in mission. So we could pause mission and read it in manual. In manual you could also put some references to pages where some action are more detailed described and with keyboard commands.

This would also be solution instead of spacebar...

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I'm not sure if this has been posted (there are thousands of topics to search through and the keywords won't turn up anything useful) but in a training mission if you skip ahead of the guy he automatically continues to talk about the next step, so the sound over loops each other.

It's been mentioned somewhere that you should let the instructor finish all text before activating any buttons to avoid this.

I'm having some issues with the PGM training mission. Everything works fine until it tells me to switch back to the TAD MFCD after I take-off. I switch to it, but the button highlight never goes away and subsequently the instruction does not move forward.

Also, when I've got the target pod up and running, the MFCD screen flickers quite a lot. If I switch to FLIR, the flickering disappears. Anyone run into this issue?

I'm having some issues with the PGM training mission. Everything works fine until it tells me to switch back to the TAD MFCD after I take-off. I switch to it, but the button highlight never goes away and subsequently the instruction does not move forward.

There's a delay with the highlight clearing. But if you continue towards waypoint two then the next section should come up after about 20-30 secs.

Also, with all the button presses, the key is to press just a bit longer than you would normally, so that the system recognises the input.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the Start Up procedure training mission I think I accidentally pressed a button that put "Cockpit argument 654 in range". This is the 3rd to last trigger in the mission and the triggers promptly skipped to that point in the procedure. The mission ended 1 step and 15 seconds later. Do I get a sticker for completing the start-up without actually starting it up?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hi guys, just want to say that even though it's 'beta'... DCS is absolutely great!

I'm planning on buying the CH Warthog once it's released in the UK, but in the meantime I have a Saitek X52 (normal) which I have spent a long time mapping all the HOTAS functions to the stick.

My question is in any training mission all my mappings to the joystick change...but if I start quickstart / missions etc...my stick settings are how I want them, but everytime I go into the training mission it use a differnt profile.

(I don't use the SST software, as I don't know how to use it very well and I did try someone else's profile, but it didnt work for me, so I deleted that profile and the SST software. I've mapped the HOTAS to my joystick through the settings ingame.)

Anyone else have this problem with training missions?

I7 950 3.6Ghz, Asus P6T Deluxe V.2, 6Gb DDR3 1600Mhz, Nvidia GTX295, OCZ Vertex2 120Gb SSD (primary) Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb Hdd (Secondary) Buffalo External 2Tb Hdd(Backup) 26" Ilyama TFT, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Windows 7 64Bit, Latestest drivers for Nvidia & Warthog HOTAS (firmware)

Hi Kulania

Unfortunately I've tried that but it still does not work....playing the game is ok, instant action etc...all is fine with my settings, but as soon as I try a 'training' mission, all my HOTAS functions change... I exit the training mission, immediate start a instant action mission and my settings are ok again.

Strange...very strange. (Im wondering if I need to re-install the whole game again)

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I7 950 3.6Ghz, Asus P6T Deluxe V.2, 6Gb DDR3 1600Mhz, Nvidia GTX295, OCZ Vertex2 120Gb SSD (primary) Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb Hdd (Secondary) Buffalo External 2Tb Hdd(Backup) 26" Ilyama TFT, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Windows 7 64Bit, Latestest drivers for Nvidia & Warthog HOTAS (firmware)

Also check for "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode" under Options. Make sure you uncheck those and that you've assigned your key profiles to the "A-10C Sim" settings under Controls.

This will of course turn off Arcade mode, but your controls should be the same across all missions.

• Like 1

Kylania...that worked mate! Set my HOTAS to both Game & Sim mode and everything is now cool!

Thanks a million mate

• Like 1

I experienced problems with the Navigation mission. When asked to set TACAN, pressing the TCN button (nav mode, behind the stick) didn't trigger folowing speech.

I suppose it's a known problem, though it didn't show up here yet

BTW, thanks for the fixed start-up training !

I'm having exactly the same problem, anybody have a workaround?