DCS A-10C Success Announced?

Nightmare

Dear ED,

How did the presales?

Have exceeded your expectations or you are disappointed?

I do not want to deal in his pocket ;)

I just want to know there's been a good economic return from such a decree future success and long life for this simulator.

Greetings

Edited by Nightmare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

As history dictates/has shown, ED will not discuss their marketing policy/sales figures. No point in digging/fishing :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It is not my intention to disturb.........

Was just to see if we can expect a long and prosperous future with this sim, the style FSimulator.

While we do the fans and contribute to the cause. :-P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was just to see if we can expect a long and prosperous future with this sim, the style FSimulator.

That's up to us, the customer. Support the SIM, spread the word and the market forces will do the rest :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm sure most of the people that traverses this forums and spends literally hundreds of hours fliying and learning, would be ok even if they had to pay the asking price twice.

I am planning on doing it just for the sake of contributing to what I think it is the only effort in the world to bring us this kind of products. We all should do it if we really feel it is worth it.

Come on, you have a friggin' real A-10 in your hands, just the PDF manual alone is worth 60 bucks, and the sim is way beyond most of our wettest dreams. We'll be spending months fliying it.

How is it possible that people pay 70€ to play Modern Warfare, a game that is over in 5 hours (tested it myself)!

Think about it, what would you be fliying if DCS was not around? I wouldn't be fliying anymore.

Software is way more important than every other aspect in this hobby (Hotas, Hardware) and yet it is the most underpriced, by far. Think about it.

That's up to us, the customer. Support the SIM, spread the word and the market forces will do the rest :)

I sir am doing that here and there should be at least a couple sales this weekend from my coworkers.

:)

I luv ED

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Think about it, what would you be fliying if DCS was not around? I wouldn't be fliying anymore.

And that's a problem. There is no more simulator developers.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

To say the truth some things are unjust. i ll invest near 2500,00 USD just to play this sim, and i ll pay only 2 copies, 1 digital and one boxed, which will go up to 100USD to ED people, for a game that may last month or years if they integrate all DCS modules. Would it be 100,00 USD for one copy i would gladly pay it.

TM and hardware companies should pay a tribute to them.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I was with ED, so to speak, during those months of 2008/2009 release and I can say that it seems that the reception is at least twice as good in terms of raw numbers compared to that of DCS BS. I'm judging both from forum topics hype as well as from the numbers of newcomers right after the release of DCS W.

I was with ED, so to speak, during those months of 2008/2009 release and I can say that it seems that the reception is at least twice as good in terms of raw numbers compared to that of DCS BS. I'm judging both from forum topics hype as well as from the numbers of newcomers right after the release of DCS W.

You can Bet DCS W will sell some DCS BS. grass mowers are way less popular than fixed wings.

But once you get the i want to do it right virus, you screwed.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I promise I do not say this as a conceited American, I say it only matter-of-factly and it's all my (perhaps misguided) opinion. Believe me when I say I have the utmost respect for any modern combat platform, regardless of who designed or employs it!

Simulators of American aircraft I suspect will sell better than any other nation's craft in the current, modestly sized market.

First of all, you're average American citizen simply has more disposable income than most other nations (though it certainly doesn't feel that way). More disposable income means it's much easier to say, "meh, I'm bored, I'll check out that cool looking simulator of the Warthog." and whip out their check card and start the download, or pull it off the shelf and stick it in their cart.

Secondly, historically America has fielded the most advanced combat aircraft in modern times. That's not necessarily the result of pure intelligence, it's just pure funding. Furthermore, for better or for worse, America has actually used said combat aircraft more than most nations thus gaining national exposure for their craft and more importantly, a battle record.

Thirdly, America exports a LOT of their air combat platforms to a LOT of different nations. Many "foreign" Air Force's fly American planes.

Fourthly, many American jets have been in Hollywood blockbusters over the decades.

In other words, even a non military buff from other nations will have likely heard of an F16, a Tomcat etc. whereas your average American non military buff has less likely heard of the Mig-29 or any of the other amazing Russian birds.

I like to think I'm a very fair and objective person and those are my feelings on the matter, feel free to tear me a new one. :helpsmilie: In the meantime, I'll continue to fly my beloved Blackshark!

Edited by Fimble
  • Like 1

PC Specs

• Intel i5-4670k@ 4.5Ghz
  • 16GB of Corsair what difference does it make RAM
  • nVidia EVGA GTX 760
  • Couple SSD's and a couple mechanical drives
  • 27" Acer LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080)
  • 19" ELO Touchscreen (1280 x 1024)
  • :joystick: Saitek X-52
  • :joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals
  • TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
  • Helios running custom profile for A10C based on Loz's profile.

Diablo:

You're absolutely right, people often waste time and money on a game that developed in less than a week, which certainly leaves nothing to knowledge, only to kill and now.

See that is one of the struggles that most book in my country, here people prefer to pirate a game to play and then forget, but when I make them realize that a flight simulator lets a range of expertise, many are upset that believe that they criticize the way they act, I think that ignorant.

But when I see a finished product as well as the DCS BS or the A-10C that although this in beta, it shows the interest of a company listening to its users, the fact that take out a beta version for people to try and then take some criticism, to help improve the simulator, I think is a plus for ED.

I think that if I pay more for a product of this quality, so then take out another series DCS, which is what we all hope, I'd pay a little more and says "Diablo."

I hope I apologize for my English, but use a translator to participate in this forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was what I wanted to know ...... Thanks! :smilewink:

Although unofficially 'a good sign what you say.

This could mean that the ED will be more motivated to launch a new fixed-wing form rather than another "fan" ?? :D

In any case, will be a must buy for me, as soon as I bought a new PC. :thumbup:

As the Warthog Hotas TM of course.:joystick:

(Google Traslate Sorry)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to buy the boxed copy in addition to the BETA, to support the developer and because I like to have boxed copies. I'd rather install a game from a disc in a few minutes then download a couple of gigabytes for a few hours.

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

It's been so long since I've played a good flight sim. I was browsing around Steam and saw DCS:BS and HAD to buy it. There was no choice in the matter. I must admit that I wasn't thrilled with it being a Russian bird, especially since I remember having plenty of trouble with Havocs in some of the other sims I played back in the day. I can honestly say, I am in NO way disappointed. Took me a solid day of playing just to get the startup down. I love the challenge of learning it. When I read the A10 propaganda, my mouth started watering. They released the Beta with pre-purchase???? Money easily spent, and for a great product!

Hopefully DCS will bring back the brain users that have been letting their minds go to mush in the RTS's and FPS's, myself included. I haven't played anything else since pulling down BS and A10.

Keep up the excellent work! Whatever platform they work next, lawn mower or fast mover, I'm buying! I must admit though, I would love to see an AH64 sim. ;)

• Like 1

It's been so long since I've played a good flight sim. I was browsing around Steam and saw DCS:BS and HAD to buy it. There was no choice in the matter. I must admit that I wasn't thrilled with it being a Russian bird, especially since I remember having plenty of trouble with Havocs in some of the other sims I played back in the day. I can honestly say, I am in NO way disappointed. Took me a solid day of playing just to get the startup down. I love the challenge of learning it. When I read the A10 propaganda, my mouth started watering. They released the Beta with pre-purchase???? Money easily spent, and for a great product!

Hopefully DCS will bring back the brain users that have been letting their minds go to mush in the RTS's and FPS's, myself included. I haven't played anything else since pulling down BS and A10.

Keep up the excellent work! Whatever platform they work next, lawn mower or fast mover, I'm buying! I must admit though, I would love to see an AH64 sim. ;)

I couldn't agree more when you said you were hesitant to invest in a Russian bird. I was too and in fact after having followed the development of this sim for years I waited after it was released. And I waited a LONG time (finally bought it last week).

That said, man was I a fool to do so! What an amazing product! The level of detail is everything they said it would be. I love my Russian 'wop wop wop wop' BlackShark!

Kudos to DCS/ED, you guys really are the real deal!

PC Specs

• Intel i5-4670k@ 4.5Ghz
  • 16GB of Corsair what difference does it make RAM
  • nVidia EVGA GTX 760
  • Couple SSD's and a couple mechanical drives
  • 27" Acer LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080)
  • 19" ELO Touchscreen (1280 x 1024)
  • :joystick: Saitek X-52
  • :joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals
  • TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
  • Helios running custom profile for A10C based on Loz's profile.

Don't worry about Eagle Dynamics' profits :)

Something tells me that DCS series, is not a primary source of income for the company nowadays. Their other customers pay a lot of $$$ not only for development, but support as well. This is partially backed by the fact that the sim is being sold for mere $60 which is a really low price for development of such a scale. That best of all says that some of the costs were absorbed by someone else.

They are in a very good position for Sim market in general as well. Given that they are the only team nowadays that is able to develop and release product of such complexity and quality, they have virtually monopolized this niche market. Which is kind of good in a sense. I believe if someone wanted to make another team capable of developing products on the level of DCS series, it would be prohibitively expensive and challenging.

Finally they made a very smart decision not to make individual games, but rather DCS platform which, given that its flexible enough, will allow them to build on it for a rather long time being, mitigating costs of new development.

Their business model and strategy is great. In words of Russian classic - "Я в восхищении!".

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I pre-ordered the Download version and (like others) will also buy the sim off the shelf locally when it is finally released - just to support the community and try to secure a better future for flight sims.

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

This Beta is pretty much all I play atm. This thing is sweeeeeet!

I didn't get the Black Shark sim just because...well, it's just not my "cup -of-tea" I guess. Now the A-10 has been one of my favorites for many...many years.

I'm actually a jet maintainer (Crew Chief) in the USAF. For the last 19.5 years I've crewed F-15's and I'm about to go and start working on A-10's later this year.

Honestly, I don't think that ED/DCS has anything to worry about. It seems that they are "all in" into putting out a quality product and won't let production deadlines shortcut them into putting things out before they are ready. That has been the death-knell for many games before...

Many thanx ED!

Windows 8

Intel core i7

64-Bit

4GB RAM

NVidia Geforce GTS 860M

2 monitors

Its good to keep the price down and bring more people in. The simming community is very small compared to the FPS crowd. FPSs do not require much in the way of thinking. If you provided a 450 page manual for a FPS you would pretty much demolish the market. Even the FPSers are getting tired of the same old same old....they will need to migrate somewhere!!! It will only help to get them thinking again.

This Beta is pretty much all I play atm. This thing is sweeeeeet!

I didn't get the Black Shark sim just because...well, it's just not my "cup -of-tea" I guess. Now the A-10 has been one of my favorites for many...many years.

I'm actually a jet maintainer (Crew Chief) in the USAF. For the last 19.5 years I've crewed F-15's and I'm about to go and start working on A-10's later this year.

Honestly, I don't think that ED/DCS has anything to worry about. It seems that they are "all in" into putting out a quality product and won't let production deadlines shortcut them into putting things out before they are ready. That has been the death-knell for many games before...

Many thanx ED!

Welcome! :thumbup: It's always nice to see yet another bloke with real-life experience joining the community.