Solid green screen (can't see anything)

Stretch

Ran the beta 2 patch, launched it, started a mission -- worked fine. Looked great! Was really excited but ... oops, forgot the tower frequency. Backed out so I could look it up. Started the mission again, tabbed out during the loading, so I had to force-quit the game.

Started the game up again, and when I got in game, I can hear the audio, but the screen is completely green. When I move my trackir the audio changes, and I can see the pause dialog, but the 3D is just solid green.

Exited, rebooted, tried again, same thing. Any ideas? Reinstall from scratch?

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Hmm. Generally, most games/sims do like take kindly to being alt-tabbed at all, especially during loading.

It sounds like maybe the graphic config for dcs got corrupt? Try a different game and see if it plays normally. That should rule out any graphic driver related problem. You may need to reinstall dcs warthog. You might be able to just delete the graphics config files and see if the program recreates them with defaults, but if it doesn't, don't blame me! (always make backups of stuff like that :D )

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit

Eh, spoke to soon. The English hideout mission green-screens me. The Russian one doesn't.

Anyone else? Bueller?

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

Same problem here.

Didn't have the time to investigate it in detail, but the first start caused the green screen, then restarted and got a bunch of repeating error messages (they opened in the background, so I didn't notice them for quite a while, until I felt 5 minutes for loading is too long) while loading.

I'm at work now, so I can't check it, but in the evening I will try to note down the error messages.

Here are the Error Messages:

can't create effect:

bazar\shaders\terrain\shaders31\town31light.fx:OPACITYTEXTYRE;DISTANCE_BLEND;FOG_ENABLE;DISABLE_SHADING;.

Reason:

..\functions\Camera.hlsl(4,8): error X3003: redefinition of 'camPos'

can't create effect:

bazar\shaders\terrain\shaders31\town31.fx:OPACITYTEXTYRE;NOISETEXTURE;DISTANCE_BLEND;SURFACE_NOTMAL_MAP;LIGHT_TEXTURE;FOG_ENABLE;.

Reason:

As stated above: Russia works fine, Nevada = crash, currently not even green screen anymore.

EDIT:

the smileys 8) should actually mean 8 ).

the errors come one after another, when I cancel the first one, the second one disappears, when I cancel the second one, the first one reappears and so on -> can't get into the game.

Here are the Error Messages:

can't create effect:

bazar\shaders\terrain\shaders31\town31light.fx:OPACITYTEXTYRE;DISTANCE_BLEND;FOG_ENABLE;DISABLE_SHADING;.

Reason:

can't create effect:

bazar\shaders\terrain\shaders31\town31.fx:OPACITYTEXTYRE;NOISETEXTURE;DISTANCE_BLEND;SURFACE_NOTMAL_MAP;LIGHT_TEXTURE;FOG_ENABLE;.

Reason:

As stated above: Russia works fine, Nevada = crash, currently not even green screen anymore.

EDIT:

the smileys 8) should actually mean 8 ).

the errors come one after another, when I cancel the first one, the second one disappears, when I cancel the second one, the first one reappears and so on -> can't get into the game.

Beta 2 Nevada Fix

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Eh, spoke to soon. The English hideout mission green-screens me. The Russian one doesn't.

Anyone else? Bueller?

Are you sure it's not temperature for your CPU/GPU - and that it only seems it's the mission?

And no O/C of course?

Latest drivers?

And yes, try a reinstall of course.

HDR/MSAA on / off to see if it makes a difference.

If not, try this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=997667&postcount=8

If not, use this method to report your details for your computer:

How To Report a Problem

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Are you sure it's not temperature for your CPU/GPU - and that it only seems it's the mission?

And no O/C of course?

Latest drivers?

And yes, try a reinstall of course.

HDR/MSAA on / off to see if it makes a difference.

If not, try this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=997667&postcount=8

If not, use this method to report your details for your computer:

How To Report a Problem

It's definitely that specific mission. I'll check my settings and drivers when I get home.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Green screen happens to me to. And the green screen sticks in any mission after that untill i clear the temp folder.

I use the latest drivers for all my hardware. No overclocking, which i never do, or overheat. my temps are fine and under 80c

Edited by Ragtag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

• 3 weeks later...

I just ran into this myself. I was making a mission with every plane on the US side. I also jacked up every graphical setting to the max. And all I get after mission load is a solid green screen. Sim still runs, I can f2 thru all the planes and hear them, but can't see em.

Could this be what happens when a graphics card gets to much to keep track of, memory wise? I haven't had time to go back and slowly take the settings back down yet.

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. Since I installed the patch I just see a green screen. I do hear the sounds of the game. I tried to reinstall everything but it doesn't help.

My config:

Radeon 5850

Win 7 64

4 GB RAM

Intel i7

cheers

• ED Team
Hi,

I have the same problem. Since I installed the patch I just see a green screen. I do hear the sounds of the game. I tried to reinstall everything but it doesn't help.

My config:

Radeon 5850

Win 7 64

4 GB RAM

Intel i7

cheers

In Catalyst Control Center switch antialising setting to application control.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.