WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

One of the 25th mentioned that he was not able to talk on forward and aft. Sorry I don't have much detail, nor first hand knowledge of what actually happened. Just saw a post about it.

Thanks for your diligence. I'll just hang out until the update is ready.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recruiting open for A-10C and/or KA-50 Squadrons

http://www.firstfighterwing.com/forums/content.php

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there is an identifiable issue tied to the current release of TS3 and it isn't user error, there will not be a new update in response to the latest TS3 update.

No problems gonna do a test today then

update 1:

all channels work at this moment conducting a long flight to see if there are some problems

Update 2

Flight of 3,5 hours connecting with tars B15 and 3.03 users and no problems really.

Edited by WarthogSmurf

Going back to my issue, I still have same problems even with multiple P-T-Talk buttons assigned to same button than the TARS band changer. Some sessions it will work perfectly, some not, others have similar issue (happening to them at different times than to me, so it's not a common error).

I understand it sounds quite weird :) so hopefully one day I'll notice a better pattern that helps fix the problem.

Have been flying with Teamspeak 3.0.5 tonight and TARS 1.0.1 Beta 15.

Was about 8 of us all together flying in Sharks and A10's.....

...No problems seemed to be found with FM, AM or UHF! :thumbup:

All Sharks and A10's were talking to each other aswell!!

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying TARS out with the new version of Teamspeak and for some reason it will not accept rebinds on the radio controls I will enter in the keys and close it and when I reopen it everything is set back to default, I have uninstalled and re-installed it and I made sure it has full permissions and everything but still no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had an issue when using TARS that Teamspeak will start reporting the anti-spam error message for about 30 seconds?

Re-logging back into TS fixes it for a bit, but more often then not, it will reappear. It does not seem to interfere with the actual operation of it, however your sound is just flooded with the error.wav

Can't seen to be able to reliably recreate it other than using it for more than 20 minutes sets it off.

Before I send a bug report I just want to ask in here if anyone else has/had a similar problem?

For those having the "operation not allowed due to anti-spam protection" erors on their TS servers: we found a workaround.

basicly it's disabling your antiflood settings per servergroup.

The setting is pretty hidden in TS:

In TS go to options --> settings.

In the application section, enable "advanced permissions system"

Once you've done that, you can set the antiflood setting on the group level:

2012-03-26_1632.png

Drop me a line if you need more explanation.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Headspace, any chance to use TARS standalone?

What we require, is that a tower-controller, who shoud not be required to have a copy of DCS installed, is able to speak with us pilots.

Can you imagine a standalone (w/o DCS) feature for the next TARS version?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

For those having the "operation not allowed due to anti-spam protection" erors on their TS servers: we found a workaround.

basicly it's disabling your antiflood settings per servergroup.

The setting is pretty hidden in TS:

In TS go to options --> settings.

In the application section, enable "advanced permissions system"

Once you've done that, you can set the antiflood setting on the group level:

2012-03-26_1632.png

Drop me a line if you need more explanation.

Our server admins tried the above steps, didnt fix the errors.

This is unfortunate. The plugin sends updates to other clients regularly as part of the peer to peer model of how TARS operates. Apparently these updates, given their frequency, are being considered spam by the server. I can try reducing their frequency, but it will provide less fidelity when you move around.

As far as a "TARS standalone" thing, that would necessitate creating an entirely new application that "pretends" to be a DCS client. I don't think you're going to be seeing that anytime in the near future, given that my schedule is extremely limited these days and terrain is still the priority.

The antiflood setting has to be set for all the servergroups, not only the server admins.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Could you post a ss of what to change, what tabs etc to ensure we are doing it correctly.

Look in my above post.

Set those settings for all your server groups (that you don't want to have the spam message).

dUJOta.jpg

As far as a "TARS standalone" thing, that would necessitate creating an entirely new application that "pretends" to be a DCS client. I don't think you're going to be seeing that anytime in the near future, given that my schedule is extremely limited these days and terrain is still the priority.

If you can specify what you (TARS) requires exactly, we might consider building a dummy-radio-client, if it does not conflict with EDs licensing policy.

Specific folder structure? Specific *.lua files? Registy keys as well?

It is a PITA to start DCS and control the radio from within DCS-a10 3D cockipt for our Airspace/Tower controller.

But I guess we have to live with that, unless ED provides as a "DCS-GroundBasedRadio" Client product.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

EDIT: We got it working last night, (changed on all server groups) thanks for the help.

EDIT: We got it working last night, (changed on all server groups) thanks for the help.

You're welcome.

dUJOta.jpg