WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Ramstein, once you are in the cockpit and the sim is started anyone you want to talk to must be on Tars as well. If not then you'll never hear them.

You may already know that, but just in case. Also, make sure your standby button isn't checked by clicking on DCS a-10

Also make sure your Tars plugin is checked in teamspeak settings plugins menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recruiting open for A-10C and/or KA-50 Squadrons

http://www.firstfighterwing.com/forums/content.php

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramstein, once you are in the cockpit and the sim is started anyone you want to talk to must be on Tars as well. If not then you'll never hear them.

You may already know that, but just in case. Also, make sure your standby button isn't checked by clicking on DCS a-10

Also make sure your Tars plugin is checked in teamspeak settings plugins menu.

I wasn't using tars to speak to others, I was using it to commincate with ground radios, controls, tower, and awacs, etc..

There was only one other person who knew about Tars and they told me to not use it, they were hosting the mission.. they said it was causing me problems... and they were right..

we had about 6 people flying and on ts3..

I was using it to easily click through the radios, and had it on the other computer, not on the computer i was flying on..

as soon as I got rid of it, shut it down etc.. all my problems went away... with comms and ts3.. and everything..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I wasn't using tars to speak to others, I was using it to commincate with ground radios, controls, tower, and awacs, etc..

Huh? :huh:

Erm, I think you need to explain this a bit because that just doesn't make sense. TARS is there to make communication with other humans on TS3 more realistic by using the in sim radios and their frequencies to control who can hear and speak to each other.

It has nothing to do with in sim comms such as ATC etc.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Tucano_uy:

I wouldn't expect you to have to buy a 500USD joystick to use the mod. Something else is going on. Since you're the second person who claimed POV hat issues I'm forced to assume that something is up. Stay tuned on this one.

Any news on this subject ?

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Yesterday we started a multiplayer mission (4 players), we got the same problem.

We had the same configuration in TS3, the same lvl of TARS and TS, and we have audited everything.

We didn't understand why we got this problem.

2 players got TARS and 2 others no. :huh:

Maybe this video shows what problems we're having, as I mentioned before. I try to set multiple times a hotkey to the "radio down" button. Sometimes it works no problem, sometimes it fails till I press any other button, (which is taken with no prob).

No TARGET or other software involved in-the-middle.

Ingame we cannot switch bands so there was this crazy theory that maybe it doesn't recognize well the buttons, given that you just added DX support. That's why I asked if it was possible to have some info ingame when switching band/freq.

(Anyway, we have same problem ingame when keys are the default CTRL+123)

Ingame we cannot switch bands so there was this crazy theory that maybe it doesn't recognize well the buttons, given that you just added DX support. That's why I asked if it was possible to have some info ingame when switching band/freq.

Hy there,

we had the same problem.

just replace your tars plugin from teamspeak directory, with that one in your tars installation..

Check for a closed teamspeak befor replace or install tars.

Razorblade

Right now I think the issue is the key being pulsed or not held down long enough. 1/4th of a second should be sufficient. For obvious reasons, this won't manifest in push to talk. I can increase the polling interval for the responsible thread if it ends up being an issue for enough people.

the stock keys (CTRL+123)in dcs A10 are mapped to other functions

as well as the Micswitch of the hotas.

make sure to not have any "ingamefunctions" mapped to your Tars hotkeys.

Then itll work just fine ....

i had these issues with the TM WH and it all workt well after making the micswitch "naked" in the ingame options

some other mates have had the same issues and it worked also fine on theire side when they cleared theire TARShotkeys.

besides that it runs fine ....keep up the good work ... well ... it hardly can get any better :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Replying to suggestions,

-Push-time has ranged from normal 10 ms button mashing to 3 secs, no change. Plus it only fails in some game sessions.

-The dll is the correct beta 15 one. Also we have tried reinstalling TS/TARS from scratch.

-Keys I use (ctrl+123 or radio) are not mapped to anything in the simulator right now, deleted those hotkeys. And in previous betas Ctrl+123 has worked flawlessly. But ok, it seems a valid thing to try, so I will try with different ones.

Mmm TS server version wouldn't affect these things, right ? (Band switch and suddenly-no-one-hears-me-after-half-an-hour-ingame issues)