Flight Qualifications Campaign

We recently updated our Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign, Practice Mission Package and Documentation packages.

You can download the updated copies here:

A-10C BFT Campaign

A-10C BFT Practice Mission Package

A-10C BFT Documentation

Campaign updates include some adjustment to the spiral dive and lazy eight triggers in BFT06 as well as some fixes to correct some turning instruction triggers.

In the practice mission package we have added an additional practice mission for the spiral dive, lazy eight and forced landing maneuvers. You don't have to complete the previous maneuvers but head straight into the spiral dive test.

In the documentation package we have added the mission briefing and objectives to each mission PDF file so you can reference it without having to pause the game to read the briefing screen.

Your mission key and password can be used to install these updated packages and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

We found another AI bug in TAC-25 (BOAR flight decided to stop on the runway after it's mission and block all other landing aircraft). We have a fix and that campaign should be updated and released soon.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in the middle of BFT, all I can say is... WOW! Amazing and demanding missions that really make you go in depth into the A10C guts understanding. And outstanding support with continuous updates. Looking forward for AFT and TT as soon as I end BFT!

We recently updated our Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign, Practice Mission Package and Documentation packages.

Great, thanks!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

We completed the updates to the two TTQ Campaign packages.

You can download the updated copies here (you need both packages to play the campaign):

A-10C TTQ Campaign Part A

A-10C TTQ Campaign Part B

Campaign updates include fixes for the AI aircraft not taking off properly, corrections to the group activations for many units, correcting the immortal T-55 tanks, and the fix to BOAR flight so the player can land properly at the end of TAC25.

We also updated the AAT Campaign documentation package to add the mission briefing and objectives to each mission PDF file so you can reference it without having to pause the game to read the briefing screen (this already exists in the TTQ Campaign documentation).

A-10C AAT Campaign Documentation

Your mission key and password can be used to install these updated packages and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

TAC23 is broken. Wingmen will not attack targets. They copy, and then either RTB or rejoin.
Long standing AI engine limitation. Will probably never be fixed, seen how it's a 4 years old bug.

Make sure you have SPI BROADCAST enabled and that your wingmen are not too close to the target. Other than that, there's not much anyone can do I'm afraid.

TAC23 is broken. Wingmen will not attack targets. They copy, and then either RTB or rejoin.

This blog post has some good hints and tips that we learned while developing the TAC missions.

To get the AI wingmen to reliably attack a target ensure the following:

1. SPI is set to broadcast.

2. Send the SPI to the specific wingman you want to attack the target using the SEND OSB. Ensure they are not too far away or too close to the target (we usually play one level up from completely zoomed in - just enough to see the map graphic).

3. Understand the ordnance that your wingmen still have (keep track of what they expend since you can't ask them in game currently). If you order them to attack with mavericks and they don't have any they will just say "Rejoin".

4. When giving attack orders ensure you ask them to target the correct target type. For example if there are tanks at your SPI but you order them to attack artillery they will say "Rejoin" as they could not see the tanks at your SPI.

5. It does take them some time to setup for the target (much slower than a human can do IOO) however if you are patient and you don't hear the "Rejoin" right away then they are likely getting setup for the attack run.

6. If you want to change their tasking ask them to "Rejoin Formation". This appears to clear their current tasking so you can send them after a different target.

7. Watch out for other allied flights in their flight path or other higher priority enemy units (they will abort their attack run to attack a bandit for instance).

We recommend anchoring them at the IP or some other area where they won't get in harms way until you have the target identified.

For weapons selection we recommend you use the Mk-82s on stationary and lightly armored targets and save the mavericks for tanks or moving targets. Likewise gun runs on stationary or lightly armored targets are best. There are numerous threads on the forums about the inability for the A-10C gun runs to kill tanks easily (either AI or human controlled). Only use the gun on tanks as a last resort.

Continue to post any issues you have (some might be real bugs that need to be investigated) however we recently played the missions and didn't have a problem getting the wingmen to attack targets (following the advice above).

Good luck!

In advanced campaign for the A-10C I have done the refuelling mission. I only got 2x10 second connects so have probably failed. However i can't get the mission to end. The instructor says that's the end of the AAR and I should try doing it at night and then nothing. I don't wanna go be below the hard deck limit as an automatic fail. The ready light is still on. but I've just watched a video of a guy doing the same mission and his was on too and the instructor gave him instructions. Not me?

Gun runs should also be avoided over all areas that have an high concentration of BMPs. Their AA fire is stupidly effective, I lose my wingmen half of the time I send them for gun runs.

It doesn't help they egress over enemy positions, nor that they level out at low altitude as soon as they are hit.

Edited by Gliptal

In advanced campaign for the A-10C I have done the refuelling mission. I only got 2x10 second connects so have probably failed. However i can't get the mission to end. The instructor says that's the end of the AAR and I should try doing it at night and then nothing. I don't wanna go be below the hard deck limit as an automatic fail. The ready light is still on. but I've just watched a video of a guy doing the same mission and his was on too and the instructor gave him instructions. Not me?

Ok ready light off, but I still can't get the instructor to tell me to land or do anything.

Ok ready light off, but I still can't get the instructor to tell me to land or do anything.

Did you reach WP7? If you hit the RVIP WP and then WP7 the next thing you should hear is:

"That is enough for today Stud. Let's run through the post AAR checklist..."

If you are not there yet, then one more successful refuel should bring up the same message.

If you didn`t get either one then the trigger flags didn`t get set correctly. I`d try it again.

You should hear more messages at WP8 if the flags are setting correctly.

You really only have to shut the refueling door. The complete checklist is this:

Air refuel control - CLOSED

READY light - OFF

Fuel quantity - CHECK

INTERCOM monitor switch - AS REQUIRED

HOT MIC switch - AS REQUIRED

TACAN - AS REQUIRED

Exterior lights - AS REQUIRED

How does your attempt compare to this video:

Tanker comm

A full day trying to find an answer to this question: why am I unable to communicate with the tanker in the AFT01 training mission, but not in the campaign mission? Yet I respect all DTOT, with exactly the same navigation and radio settings...

Some help would be highly appreciated.

A full day trying to find an answer to this question: why am I unable to communicate with the tanker in the AFT01 training mission, but not in the campaign mission? Yet I respect all DTOT, with exactly the same navigation and radio settings...

Some help would be highly appreciated.

Are you using the latest downloaded versions of the files? Using DCS World 1.5?

Looks like they are both using the same frequency (251 mhz).

We will retest and see if we can reproduce the issue.

EDIT: Just retested on our system and it worked fine. Make sure you are transmitting over UHF and not AM or FM. If you have a Warthog HOTAS it's the down position on the mic switch.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Rectification : communication with tanker is possible in the practice mission but impossible on the campaign mission.

I use DCS openbeta upgraded to 1.5.3, the latest missions and Easy comms with Voice Attack and VAICOM 2.0.

The problem is this difference between the two versions of the same mission, played with the same configuration.

Is communication with the tanker theoretically possible as soon as we fly or is there a trigger somewhere in the campaign mission ?

Rectification : communication with tanker is possible in the practice mission but impossible on the campaign mission.

I use DCS openbeta upgraded to 1.5.3, the latest missions and Easy comms with Voice Attack and VAICOM 2.0.

The problem is this difference between the two versions of the same mission, played with the same configuration.

Is communication with the tanker theoretically possible as soon as we fly or is there a trigger somewhere in the campaign mission ?

The tanker may not spawn until you are airborne. You don't contact them until you are at the RVIP. As indicated both missions are using the same freq so make sure you are transmitting on UHF.

EDIT: Retested ok on our system. Try downloading and installing the package again if you still have a problem as your mission may have been corrupted during download.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Thanks Sabre,

in fact, based on a few tests and on my configuration only, it seems that Easy Comms does not run with AFT01 campaign mission (with or without vocal command). I had no problem with AFT01 practice or BFT missions.I will try to be qualified with Easy Comms off, as it seems running correctly.

Thanks Sabre,

in fact, based on a few tests and on my configuration only, it seems that Easy Comms does not run with AFT01 campaign mission (with or without vocal command). I had no problem with AFT01 practice or BFT missions.I will try to be qualified with Easy Comms off, as it seems running correctly.

Must be a bug in the game engine as we can't control what the user chooses for comms in the mission. I suggest you report it to ED here.

They may want to see logs or other info from your system.

Thanks Sabre,

We did some more testing and found the Easy Comms was working ok for us too. Here are some screenshots showing what happens depending on what mic switch you use. We tried contacting the tanker once we were airborne and could see the tanker in the F2 view.

You need to use UHF to get the Tanker to communicate. VHF AM and VHF FM the Tanker radio calls are blacked out so the comms won't work. That's what Easy Comms does.

UHF Used - Tanker Comms in White:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136485&stc=1&d=1457729041

VHF AM Used - Tanker Comms in Black (can't contact Tanker):

attachment.php?attachmentid=136486&stc=1&d=1457729041

After UHF Call - Response from the Tanker:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136487&stc=1&d=1457729041

UHF Showing Ready Pre-Contact in White:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136488&stc=1&d=1457729115

VHF AM Showing Ready Pre-Contact in Black (can't contact Tanker):

attachment.php?attachmentid=136489&stc=1&d=1457729115

If your system isn't doing this the same way then you might try a DCS Repair to correct any corrupted files.

1.thumb.jpg.229f8ae6510cd3c5ca88ae132a1036ad.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.a1348f8a22220dd3f079781b29514fe7.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.d7286a533e240c2cc328a8b46dd80fd2.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.ad2fe31de16842897b91eda3bd78e1ea.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.392df4413bbdcd57d465033760e2f4eb.jpg

Hi Sabre! Just a small trigger inconsistency for you to check. BFT06: when instructed to perform the spin recovery, I didn't manage to get under 60 knots (nose lowered and aircraft regained speed). After 2 tries, I was instructed to follow the course and perform the spiral dive. No mention on spin recovery. After successfully landing, when speed went below 60 knots, the spin recovery follow through message poped up (now apply full right rudder...). However, rating started as soon as I stopped and I got Q qualified without further problem.

I'm sorry ther is no track available, as I just forgot to save it!

Hi Sabre! Just a small trigger inconsistency for you to check. BFT06: when instructed to perform the spin recovery, I didn't manage to get under 60 knots (nose lowered and aircraft regained speed). After 2 tries, I was instructed to follow the course and perform the spiral dive. No mention on spin recovery. After successfully landing, when speed went below 60 knots, the spin recovery follow through message poped up (now apply full right rudder...). However, rating started as soon as I stopped and I got Q qualified without further problem.

I'm sorry ther is no track available, as I just forgot to save it!

Thanks for reporting that. It's a bug that we will fix in the next update. Likely a flag was missed to stop the earlier message from playing when you have already completed or the maneuver attempt timed out. Will investigate and fix it.

F15 Maple Flag

I need some help in understanding the Maple Flag, BFT Qualification missions for the F15. Several times I have come back, after a day or so, to the campaign only to be placed in missions I have already successfully completed. This last time, after about a week of playing, I was sent back to the very beginning. Does this campaign require one to do all training missions in one sitting? Can one select a mission out of order and do just that mission?

I need some help in understanding the Maple Flag, BFT Qualification missions for the F15. Several times I have come back, after a day or so, to the campaign only to be placed in missions I have already successfully completed. This last time, after about a week of playing, I was sent back to the very beginning. Does this campaign require one to do all training missions in one sitting? Can one select a mission out of order and do just that mission?

I've never heard of that. It sounds like your logbook is getting reset. You can play the missions individually by selecting the Mission Menu item and then changing the directory to the Campaign directory. All the campaign missions should be listed and you can play them as a single mission (no campaign progression however).

You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here (this example is for the A-10C but the F-15C would be similar):

["games"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the campaign number in your set

{

["created"] = "01/03/16 21:50:09",

["player"] = "Player Name",

["campaign"] = ".\\Mods\\aircraft\\A-10C\\Missions\\en\\Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp", <--- This is the campaign name

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the number of the first mission in the campaign and below is it's result

{

["datetime"] = "01/03/16 21:52:16",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 1,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 100,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT Arrival.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

[2] = <--- Look for the highest number in the set - this will be the next mission to launch

{

["stage"] = 13, <--- Change the stage to 1 more than the BFT mission number

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz", <--- Change the name of the mission

}, -- end of [2]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

Reply if you continue to have problems.