Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

What is the difference between the campaign that is being sold here and the campaigns that are shown on the user files page? If you purchase the campaign on the e-shop can you use the same license key for the other A-10C qualification campaigns?

Thanks

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

Hello everyone,

What is the difference between the campaign that is being sold here and the campaigns that are shown on the user files page? If you purchase the campaign on the e-shop can you use the same license key for the other A-10C qualification campaigns?

Thanks

They are the same campaign. The one on the User Files section is no longer for sale. It's there solely for users who had purchased it previously and need to download a fresh copy. However we have offered a rebate program so they can upgrade to the one on the E-store.

The E-store is the only one available for sale now.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I'm having issues with TAC25. I complete the mission and get a Q rating (targets 1 and 2 destroyed). I then get a message I failed to protect Chevy flight (despite wiping out all Air Defence threats). The FE reads the poem, the bombs go off and then the sim freezes (FRAPS displaying 1FPS). I get the rearm/repair message every two minutes or so, but have to kill DCS to exit and then don't get the credit for mission/campaign completion.

Could be a problem on my system, but this is the only time in any mission/campaign I've ever seen this.Has happened three times now.

I can't be arsed to give this another go so is there anything major I'm missing by not completing?

I'm having issues with TAC25. I complete the mission and get a Q rating (targets 1 and 2 destroyed). I then get a message I failed to protect Chevy flight (despite wiping out all Air Defence threats). The FE reads the poem, the bombs go off and then the sim freezes (FRAPS displaying 1FPS). I get the rearm/repair message every two minutes or so, but have to kill DCS to exit and then don't get the credit for mission/campaign completion.

Could be a problem on my system, but this is the only time in any mission/campaign I've ever seen this.Has happened three times now.

I can't be arsed to give this another go so is there anything major I'm missing by not completing?

If you've gotten to that point then you have effectively completed the mission and the campaign. Not sure why the system would freeze up at the end.

We will retest and see if we can reproduce it.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to skip the practice missions you can edit your logbook file and change the current Stage and Mission name to the following.

If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

Find the reference for the latest unfinished stage:

[5] =

{

["stage"] = 11,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT05 Basic Maneuvers.miz",

}, -- end of [5]

Change the stage and mission name to one of the following:

["stage"] = 3,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT01 Ground Handling.miz",

["stage"] = 5,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT02 Takeoff and EFATO.miz",

["stage"] = 7,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT03 Fly Traffic Pattern.miz",

["stage"] = 9,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT04 Approach and Landing.miz",

["stage"] = 11,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT05 Basic Maneuvers.miz",

["stage"] = 13,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT06 Advanced Handling.miz",

["stage"] = 15,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT07 Aerobatics.miz",

["stage"] = 17,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT08 Emergencies.miz",

["stage"] = 19,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT09 Instrument Approach and Landing.miz",

["stage"] = 21,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT10 Instrument Flight Plan Navigation.miz",

["stage"] = 23,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT11 Fly 2 Ship as Wingman.miz",

["stage"] = 25,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz",

Edited by Sabre-TLA

After successful completion of BFT01, I checked the results page (') and noted a score of 100.

I decided to view other aircraft as they were flying around the airspace, and shortly received a failure message. Checking the results page, it showed a decrease in score. The next mission queued is BFT01, again.

After successful completion of BFT01, I checked the results page (') and noted a score of 100.

I decided to view other aircraft as they were flying around the airspace, and shortly received a failure message. Checking the results page, it showed a decrease in score. The next mission queued is BFT01, again.

That's very strange. We don't do anything in the mission to change the score once you get to the end.

Do you recall what the failure message said?

We will try and reproduce the issue.

I don't know if this is working as intended but I'm doing BFT01 (DLC Version) Ground Handling Qualification, all is fine until I've cleared the runway and doing my standard checklist after runway cleared; I turn off anti-skid and IP says something along the lines of "You forgot to turn the anti skid" and get points deducted, I wait a bit thinking maybe I'm too close to the runway.

Then I turn off the Ejection Seat Lever which triggers a mission failure with an U rating ;(. The practice version doesn't fail me if I start turning off systems on clearing runway (and even when I'm partly on the runway).

Is this me only or is there something I don't know? I've seen F-16 tapes where the pilot starts turning off systems even before clearing the runway. Thank you.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

I don't know if this is working as intended but I'm doing BFT01 (DLC Version) Ground Handling Qualification, all is fine until I've cleared the runway and doing my standard checklist after runway cleared; I turn off anti-skid and IP says something along the lines of "You forgot to turn the anti skid" and get points deducted, I wait a bit thinking maybe I'm too close to the runway.

Then I turn off the Ejection Seat Lever which triggers a mission failure with an U rating ;(. The practice version doesn't fail me if I start turning off systems on clearing runway (and even when I'm partly on the runway).

Is this me only or is there something I don't know? I've seen F-16 tapes where the pilot starts turning off systems even before clearing the runway. Thank you.

Yep you found a bug. We just reviewed the triggers and if you turn things off before you reach the parking spot it considers it a failure.

This is something we can fix by using a different flag so for now just wait until you are parked to turn things off to complete the mission.

We will submit a fix to correct the behavior for the next update and make it consistent with the practice mission and more aligned to realistic behaviors.

• Like 1

I also found a bug in bft01..I waited to shut down until after parking. Completed all the steps, waited about a minute after complete shutdown and received a "u" rating with no explanation. Very frustrating. I ended up editing the lua file to advance to the next mission but I don't think someone should have to do that for a paid campaign..

I also found a bug in bft01..I waited to shut down until after parking. Completed all the steps, waited about a minute after complete shutdown and received a "u" rating with no explanation. Very frustrating. I ended up editing the lua file to advance to the next mission but I don't think someone should have to do that for a paid campaign..

The U rating is only given when a certain flag is set.

Are you sure you didn't miss a checklist item or perhaps you were falling behind too many times.

Did you recall hearing "Speed it up Cadet! You are falling behind!" If that happens 3 times then you will also get the U rating.

Did it happen in the practice mission as well?

The U rating is only given when a certain flag is set.

Are you sure you didn't miss a checklist item or perhaps you were falling behind too many times.

Did you recall hearing "Speed it up Cadet! You are falling behind!" If that happens 3 times then you will also get the U rating.

Did it happen in the practice mission as well?

I didn't hear anything but "looking good, cadet", and no justification for the u rating was given. I'm positive I didn't miss anything..

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I didn't hear anything but "looking good, cadet", and no justification for the u rating was given. I'm positive I didn't miss anything..

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I can only recommend retrying the mission to see if it happens again. We haven't seen that in our previous testing but given the other changes we will be testing the missions again.

Yep you found a bug. We just reviewed the triggers and if you turn things off before you reach the parking spot it considers it a failure.

This is something we can fix by using a different flag so for now just wait until you are parked to turn things off to complete the mission.

We will submit a fix to correct the behavior for the next update and make it consistent with the practice mission and more aligned to realistic behaviors.

Thanks for your positive feedback on my .. positive feedback :lol:.

While we're at it with fixes in the next update, there is this thing in BFT02 Practice version where when aligning with the runway I get a "You're below/above Glidepath" mostly below. Proper glideslope is just not possible for me. I've tried 2.5°, 3°, 4° & 5° and between 5° & 10° (all in relation with rwy threshold) approaches, they all result in a low (for first four GSs) & high GS warning and points deduction, or at least I believe it's these errors that are the culprit for reducing my rating.

If it's working as intended then perhaps add the profile/parameters needed to successfully land in the mission briefing (i.e. without warnings/point deductions)? What's the required glideslope for the approach & such.

I'm not sure if this "issue" is present in the qualification version or not, I haven't tried it yet, but seemingly it is from watching the mission on Mappleflagmissions youtube channel.

I just completed BFT02 practice with perfect score. It seems glideslope needs to be about 7°/8° (let me review track to confirm) and speed ~147 knots. Needed a lot of testing to figure out the glideslope :).

Edit: Yep, it's almost exactly -7°.. Oops forgot the negative signs but yeah all of them are on a negative GS not positive :P.

Edited by SCU

I just completed BFT02 practice with perfect score. It seems glideslope needs to be about 7°/8° (let me review track to confirm) and speed ~147 knots. Needed a lot of testing to figure out the glideslope :).

Edit: Yep, it's almost exactly -7°.. Oops forgot the negative signs but yeah all of them are on a negative GS not positive :P.

The Glideslope triggers are using the actual Glideslope Warning Flag and Glideslope Indicators to determine your Glideslope rating.

The Glideslope Warning Flag must be off (Not Visible).

Glideslope High Rating is between 0.1 and 1.

Glideslope Low Rating is between -1 and -0.1

Glideslope Center Rating is between -0.09 and 0.09

These are the values in the mission triggers taken from the A-10C landing training mission.

If the indicators are showing on glideslope then it could be a game engine issue with the way the game engine was coded to do glideslope.

EDIT: After retesting the mission is playing as expected.

You can intercept the glideslope and fly with the indicator at the mid-point to be on glideslope (see screenshot below). We entered the glideslope at an altitude >4k'. Checking real approach plates it looks like you should be at 3500' at 10 nm. Our runway alignment was off but we were focusing on the glideslope indicator and capturing a screenshot when the on glideslope message appeared.

attachment.php?attachmentid=139136&stc=1&d=1461290722

284646392_CopyofScreen_160421_124738.thumb.jpg.a6eb21562563eaf23c6471abd7a8eeb8.jpg

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Skip practice mission

Hi

how can i skip a practice mission on the DLC version please, its BFT01?

Great campaign by the way!

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

EDIT: After retesting the mission is playing as expected.

You can intercept the glideslope and fly with the indicator at the mid-point to be on glideslope (see screenshot below). We entered the glideslope at an altitude >4k'. Checking real approach plates it looks like you should be at 3500' at 10 nm. Our runway alignment was off but we were focusing on the glideslope indicator and capturing a screenshot when the on glideslope message appeared.

Oh my bad, I didn't realise and never noticed that the glide slope indicator works without using the ILS and setting its frequency. Thank you, now doing this mission is a lot more easier :).

Oh my bad, I didn't realise and never noticed that the glide slope indicator works without using the ILS and setting its frequency. Thank you, now doing this mission is a lot more easier :).

No problem. There is a rule of thumb about glideslope that I recall:

300' for every nm from the runway threshold.

So at 10nm be at 3000', 5nm at 1500' and 1nm at 300'.

It's easy to remember. Here is a thread where this is discussed.