TrackIr 5

Are you running Beta4 ?

Is your Operating system 64 bit? I had to get the latest TrackIR driver which was released just before Christmas for it to work. I assume headtracking is working in the Trakc IR software.

Do you get the blue light on the device saying it has found compatible software?

• Like 1

you need trackir 5.1 beta 3 software for x64 to work with TIR5

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

NO. Do not let windows update the driver for you. NEVER let windows update a driver for a peripheral, video card, sound card, etc. ALWAYS get drivers and instructions from the vendor.

Go to naturalpoint.com and get the beta software and update it.

• Like 1

NO. Do not let windows update the driver for you. NEVER let windows update a driver for a peripheral, video card, sound card, etc. ALWAYS get drivers and instructions from the vendor.

+1

• Like 1

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Ya, I've tryed all that. I'm running win 7 64 Bit. Downloaded/installed the latest driver TrackIr 5.1 beta. The device is working in the track-software. BUT I'm NOT getting the blue light when I run A-10C!! There is'nt something I need to Tic off in the A-10c options menu?

Ya, I've tryed all that. I'm running win 7 64 Bit. Downloaded/installed the latest driver TrackIr 5.1 beta. The device is working in the track-software. BUT I'm NOT getting the blue light when I run A-10C!! There is'nt something I need to Tic off in the A-10c options menu?

Update Games for TIR???then select A10????Done in Tir window...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Wow that's funny you say that. Natural point must be total retards because that's exactly what they had me do and guess what it worked for me.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

he must be distressed to learn that his "disrep" has no value- but mine is pretty damaging.

Apples you are in for a rough ride on this forum, son. Your posts to date have been smart ass and combative. Keep it up- that's all I'm going to say... :)

I posted on this topic to give input on a problem someone was having. This input solved my problem on this issue.. You don't need to jump in with your smart ass comments and contradict, but i guess you know everything.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

From the NP link you posted:

"When you downloaded, and installed the latest software. If you look in the system device manager, is the camera still using the 2.41 TrackIR drivers?

Several steps to try -

1 - Try moving the TrackIR camera to another USB port, and allow Windows to detect and reinstall the newer drivers.

2 - If the automatic reinstall does not find the new drivers then we are going to need to manually update the drivers.

- Open the system device manager, and scroll down to the NaturalPoint device listing.

- Right click on the TrackIR camera and select update drivers

- During the update wizard, you will need to point to the NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Drivers folder"

The person with the issue had already installed the newest driver and the Support person already knows that since the driver is installed already, if/when Windows detects the device, it will install the driver the user just installed onto the particular USB port. He goes on to step 2 to force, thus ensuring that some corrupt OEM file is not picking up the wrong location for the driver and having the user manually point Windows to the driver.

He is not in any way instructing the user to let Windows install some default driver, and he also knows that Windows 'should' pick the driver the user just installed. I could see how one might think differently, but the original user with the problem stated right away that he did in fact already install the latest driver.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing Windows to get driver updates for you. They work and are digitally signed, otherwise Microsoft would not distribute them. The only downside is they dont always grab the most up to date driver version which in some cases may be what you need.

Also Slammin is correct. In this case NP's post is not suggesting the use of Window's Update feature to fetch drivers off the internet.

Edited by sweinhart3
  • Like 1

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

I think konkussion and Apples got their wires crossed due to not having the complete picture and circumstances. Unfortunate for it to result in dis-rep because they are both correct once the whole picture is in view, and both probably incorrect if the whole picture is not in view :-)

• Like 1

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000