TM Warthog for BS

SonofEil

Hello.

Can anyone tell me how to assign in-game the TM Warthog throttles to the BS collective. It doesn't seem to correlate to any of the "Sliders" in the list.

I don't use TARGET, and I don't plan to.

Thanks!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Maybe you have to remove the "Afterburner-bar" of the Throttle to get the 100% value.

After you assigned the axes you can build in the bar again and edit the axis curve by click to "axis tune" in the opitions.

Nope. It's my DCS:WH setup, so I don't use the AB bar. I haven't hopped in the BS since WH came out and I'm trying to relearn/reassign everything with the new HOTAS, but I can't get the collective to recognize throttle inputs.

I found a couple of profiles here in the forums for the TM WH and BS, but they're all built to use TARGET. I don't use TARGET because I much prefer to assign everything in-game.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

You didn't understand me. Sorry, my english is not perfect.

I want to tell you, you HAVE TO remove the bar for assigning the collective-axis.

Esle DCS is not able to detect the axis because you are not able to set the vale to 100%.

After you assigned it, you can put the bar back in and edit the collective axis so you get 100% throttle by ca.80%-90% value.

Just clear the collective tab, highlight and hit the 'add' tab. Once highlighted, move the WH Throttle to and fro - will pick up and assign relevant axis automatically.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Aye - after all is said and done, this is what it should look like:

BS.png

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hello, everyone.

Sry but I need to impose yet another query.

I have an X52, which I love, its served me well over the past couple of years.

I can command the KA-50 with the greatest of ease using it.

Now I'm thinking of getting a TM warthog HOTAS for DCS:WH, what I need to know from whomever may be privy, is as far as DCS: BS is concerned how does it compare with the X-52?

Unbiased reply's only please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

There is no such thing. :)

Since when? I'm detecting sarcasm or at least I hope You don't srsly believe that ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Hello, everyone.

Sry but I need to impose yet another query.

I have an X52, which I love, its served me well over the past couple of years.

I can command the KA-50 with the greatest of ease using it.

Now I'm thinking of getting a TM warthog HOTAS for DCS:WH, what I need to know from whomever may be privy, is as far as DCS: BS is concerned how does it compare with the X-52?

Unbiased reply's only please.

I had an X-52 pro and used it for Black Shark, too. Now, I own a TM Warthog. The letter is a lot more precise, and thus, overall, I like it more than the X-52 for the BS. Nevertheless, there are some downsides in my (unbiased ;-) ) opinion:

- The original buttons of the Shark can be mapped better to the X-52 since it has more buttons instead of multi-way-hats on the stick

- Using a button for triggering, the ones on the stick demand too much force to press, so the "hold-down-method" for trimming is somewhat less comfortable. I sometimes released the button accidentally

- I found the throttle of the X-52 better suited for collective control.

Hope that helps, cheers, Torsten

Edited by bfeld
  • Like 1

Thanks, it does help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I transitioned from the X-52Pro to the TM:WH and after some tweaking I have a good setup. I agree with what bfeld said, it is more precise and "seems" easier to control. I use the CMSS (Fwd) switch for trim as it doesn't have a strong spring to hold while trimming. The hard part was re-learning the setup. I kept my X-52Pro as a back up for now, it's still a good HOTAS but I do prefer the TM:WH.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

The tm warthog also improved my BS experience. Mainly because of the better precision but also the feeling of the heavy metal stick. I used the airbrake button(in a10c) as trim switch so that I had one positon like the normal pushbutton and the other position that holds the trim while im doing sthg else behaves like flight director button.

I also like the 2 and more way switches for most of the dutys in the BS it feels like switching them in cockpit.

I had to laugh a bit when I looked at my old X52 pro after some hours. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I guess if I don't like the TMWH playing BS I'll just have to swap, not that big a deal I guess.

I know I don't like playing DCS:WH with the X52, its the only sim that has bested my old HOTAS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]