Recomend a Joystick

Hey, am new on here.

I would like to ask what make/kind of joystick would all of you recomend for playing A-10. ideally not one thats 500 bucks like the Warthog ones i have seen on other websites.

Thanks for the help.

cant wait to play this game. its a boyhood dream come true

x52 is great - i had it for quite some years without any problems. However, get the Hotas Warthog if your funds allow it.

wbr,

NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

x-52 non-pro if you are tight on funds. That's what I use until the Hog-stick arrives, and I am very happy with it. The Pro is pretty much the same as the non-pro, but built from stronger materials.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I agree, I have always used the X-52 (non pro as the pro wasn't there yet) and still find it a more than decent setup for the price.

It has loads of buttons to map and a handy slider on the throttle.

I don't think you can get a better deal on a HOTAS to be honest. Low price (relatively) and many configuration options. It'll last you several years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Logitech G940.

-haukka81

I have it aswell, the biggest gripe I have is that the mini joystick is on the stick, not on the throttle. Together with the sloppy center this makes using mavs real hard without a bit of of deadzone. Other than that its a pretty decent stick AND you get rudder pedals :)

edit: I recently fixed R1 and R2 spiking relatively easily. Downside is you'll have to open the throttle up.

Edited by Shake3000

TH Warthog all the way baby :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

The OP requested a lower budget deal. Suggesting the WH is not something that helps him I presume, eventhough its a great piece of hardware.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

dandebo,

You weren't very specific on the price limit :) Basically:

- do whatever you can to get a decent joystick AND rudder pedals

- Saitek X-52 seems to be the best bang for the buck (X-52 Pro has improved centering mechanism)

- if you can't afford X-52 and pedals try Saitek Aviator AV8R-01 and rudder pedals. That nifty stick is worth far more than it is priced and is inferrior only to X-52.

- I have no idea about adv. and disadvantages of Logitech G940

- avoid Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar if you don't have an extra 100 $ to mod it

- if you prefer to go "free hunting" on your own the info below is to be kept in mind:

Just a reminder/warning for people without experience with multiple controllers:

AFAIK every Logitech joystick and even HOTAS Cougar (sic!) use the same JUNK pots which will shoot signal spikes after a week or so.

th_crap_pot_potentiometer.jpgth_MVC-019F.jpgth_MVC-002F.jpg

Avoid them at all costs! :disgust:

Even cheap SAITEK joystick as Cyborg Evo uses better (completely different) potentiometers

th_saitek_potentiometer2.jpgth_saitek_potentiometer4.jpg

The word better is inadequate here and I can't find proper English word to describe the HUGE difference between SAITEK pots and Logitech/COUGAR JUNK pots. Lets just say that almost 2 years old potentiometers in SAITEK Cyborg Evo have cleaner signal than 2 weeks old Logitech junk pots.

Not bad idea speed freak.

Poke your nose over CH, apart the pedals cramped and the UUUUGLLYYY throttle they work very well, support is good and they ain t expansive...

I saw them being used in mil. USA training pictures, so they have a good value and everybody séak well of them.(I had some they where quite good apart from the problem i stated above.)

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

G940 logitech here also. Only problems I have with it is that the ministick doesnt behave well in both DCS titles. It keeps getting stuck offcenter software wise when physically released to center. Using huge 70 percent deadzone with keypresses for the trim function it now works fine.

Also I have removed the big ass spring from my pedals. Now it won't return to center which i hated. only downside is that you can't get rid of the hardware deadzone. But slight foot manipulation is so much better without the spring.

With latest firmware and good settings I only have a very very tiny sloppy center. Keep x axis in logitech software deadzone at 10 percent and y axis at 5 percent and you can fly hands off (deadmanswitch taped off) when using the trim system properly. also you won't notice the deadzones. slight forward input translates to slight pitch down etc. sensitivity on both axis are at 50 percent and range at 100 percent. Also the FFB options per game you need to tweak. What works for me quite well is: overal effects strength 50 percent, spring effect 100 percent, dampening 0 percent and disable centering spring.

edit: What makes the G940 rock imo is that its HOTAS plus pedals and FFB for a "reasonable" price. I will never go back to spring sticks like the saitek x52. That was a nightmare in games like IL2 when you got that jerry almost in your crosshairs and you need to make a TINY adjustments to shoot a bead across its canopy. You want to move the stick 2 mm to the left to get it JUST right. You feel the force from the spring so you press JUST a little bit harder and it shoots 1 cm over target :/

ps I only have experience with the regular saitek x52 so I wouldnt know how the pro version feels. Just thought i'd mention it because I read a few posts above me that the pro has improved centering.

Also I have had the logitech G940 for 2 years now and have no spikes whatsoever. Just the ministick which acts funny but only in DCS games. Other games it behaves correctly. But as we all well know: that doesn't mean a thing. You could end up with a faulty product.

Likewise I read many posts that the saitek quadrant spikes after not too long. I also have the saitek quadrant and it works perfectly. I might not use it as much as others or i'm just lucky who knows :)

Edited by kingpinda

G940 logitech here also. Only problems I have with it is that the ministick doesnt behave well in both DCS titles. It keeps getting stuck offcenter software wise when physically released to center. Using huge 70 percent deadzone with keypresses for the trim function it now works fine.

Also I have removed the big ass spring from my pedals. Now it won't return to center which i hated. only downside is that you can't get rid of the hardware deadzone. But slight foot manipulation is so much better without the spring.

With latest firmware and good settings I only have a very very tiny sloppy center. Keep x axis in logitech software deadzone at 10 percent and y axis at 5 percent and you can fly hands off (deadmanswitch taped off) when using the trim system properly. also you won't notice the deadzones. slight forward input translates to slight pitch down etc. sensitivity on both axis are at 50 percent and range at 100 percent. Also the FFB options per game you need to tweak. What works for me quite well is: overal effects strength 50 percent, spring effect 100 percent, dampening 0 percent and disable centering spring.

edit: What makes the G940 rock imo is that its HOTAS plus pedals and FFB for a "reasonable" price. I will never go back to spring sticks like the saitek x52. That was a nightmare in games like IL2 when you got that jerry almost in your crosshairs and you need to make a TINY adjustments to shoot a bead across its canopy. You want to move the stick 2 mm to the left to get it JUST right. You feel the force from the spring so you press JUST a little bit harder and it shoots 1 cm over target :/

ps I only have experience with the regular saitek x52 so I wouldnt know how the pro version feels. Just thought i'd mention it because I read a few posts above me that the pro has improved centering.

Also I have had the logitech G940 for 2 years now and have no spikes whatsoever. Just the ministick which acts funny but only in DCS games. Other games it behaves correctly. But as we all well know: that doesn't mean a thing. You could end up with a faulty product.

Likewise I read many posts that the saitek quadrant spikes after not too long. I also have the saitek quadrant and it works perfectly. I might not use it as much as others or i'm just lucky who knows :)

I have G940 too and i never wanna go back to my ex X-52Pro.

Ministick works fine in all other games but this is known bug in DCS , even warthog hotas slew won't work.

Next beta will fix it -> 46. HUD TDC jumpiness fixed

G940 has great price/quality :thumbup:

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kingpinda

Do you have a write up on removing the spring in the pedals? That seems like an amazing fix for the trim issue in BS as well. Since pedals annoyingly do not hold the trim when released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109