My cockpit and Rudder design

Actually, I called mine a flight table. In fact, I don't want nor do I have the cash to build an actual cockpit replica, nor the semi acturate replica. Nor anything similiar to a military or general a/c cockpit. I wanted something comfortable and low to the ground, but still attain the look and feel of a cockpit seating arrangement. In other words, I don't want to feel like I'm in an office arrangement when I will be flying FC. And my critirians are simple, the seat must be low to the floor, joystick between the legs and throttle to the side.

similiar to this:

firefly-2.jpg

and I was originally going to build something like this:

m3x-acl-pict4.jpg

but then I realized something...I'm not really going flying. heh

So, I decided to build a base and mount everything on top of it. As you can see, the red tubings for the monitor stand as well as the rudder pedals and the joystick mount can slide fore and aft of the green and grey square tubings to accomodate my two friends and I different body sizes.

The square green tube is where everything is mounted to. The Toyota seat that I bought will mount to the two outer grey tubings with brackets and holes in them. The gimbal I haven't finished designing will mount between the 3 inch square cut out where the joystick is now. The pedal is where it is. The throttle, I'll have to wait till I'm sitting in it to know the actual location, but it will mount a little forward and to the left of the seat.

Cheers

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

You snug in a theatre and hooked up your comp to the screen? heh that is one huge screen. bet u had no problems identifying targets. :D And nice homebuilt flight chair!!!!

hmmm I cannot post the images directly here...?

I believe you can upload the images to this server as thumbnails. The screen is home built and is styrofoam with white poster covering, velcroed to the desk--cost about 20 USD total. You can just make out the top of the Elite rudders in the first shot, but they are not attached to anything and just sit on the floor. The two red lights in the middle of the hand rest of the SU-25T cockpit is a TrackIr unit slipped in from the back. I am using a Panasonic 1024x768 projector to project the image from behind approx 1.5 meter and up about 1.5 meter. Here is a pic:

mini-P1010120.jpg

The setup works well with shooters. This is Swat 4:

43f30515.jpg

Ideally, I want to get reclined and low to the floor, but then the setup would not be as First Person Shooter friendly. I know there are alot of talented people out there with creative desktop and home built solutions, and probably sopme none to happy wives as well :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok, I uploaded the images as thumbnails. They are up there in my third post.

Nice setup. :) Btw, I tried Swat4 and couldn't get into it at all. Gave me headache all the way through. :(

Kelt-all the controls are home made?
stick Mill-8,24, pedals and trottle Antonov-2 (all - real helicopter and aircraft). Mechanics and box made home :)

Now i create trottle for helicopter (Ka-50 Hokum).

Sorry, my english very bad :(

...галетный переключатель...

Hi,

Folow this link if you want to look at my cockpit of SU27

It's the beginning, but still working on...and all help is welcome, especially on measures of instruments (hsi, rpm indicator , clock...) and ejecting seat.

I need reference in centimeter of something in the cockpit in order to realize placing and building of instruments...

Thanks for any help !

Best regards

http://www.checksix-forums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57226

Sorry for non french people !!!

Your design looks promising, leafer. I am looking forward seeing the finished pit.

As I have no skills in working with metals etc. I had to use wood = )

I have no such skills either but my friend has been working with metals since he was 13 or so. And the big deciding factor for me was price. Metals are much less expensive than woods. Plus, I'm a tree hugger. :)

Nice looking setup, btw. I'm guessing you built the table yourself? Which pedals are you using?

cheers

Kelt,

where did you buy the stick from and how much if I may ask.

I'd love to have a real Su27 stick!!!! They are the coolest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hassata,

I will definitely keep everone posted and will have pictures up on my own website so people who are interested can build one themselves. However, I haven't a clue as to how the electronic portion will turn out, though. I have no prior experience working on anything electrical. A little worry about that as I'll be hooking the potentiometers up to my comp. Yikes!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specnaz67,

I wish I could help ya with the measurements but I have no reference of the real Su27 pit. Maybe ED could give you some feed back on this? Surely, they have tons of tecnical info on the cockpit of the real thing.

But if I understand your intention correctly, you are installing real and working guages correct?

**********simulation interface card**********

http://www.betainnovations.com

http://www.ymouse.com/custom/xkmatrix.php

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/cockpit_simulators.asp

**********pit builder sites**********

viggen simulator

with tons of links to other cockpit builder sites

There was a guy that built his pit with working instruments and "HUD!!!!" But I lost the link to his site.

Good luck and keep us poted.

cheers

Hi guys,

In fact with the IOCards system I can handle digital inputs and outputs, analogical, step by step motors, displays, rotaries and encoders buttons, servo command motors and key emulator...for a low cost (relatively speaking)

I hope to manage recreating a lot of instruments like HSI, RPM,T°,signalisation, fuel,g, AOA, altimeter ,speed and vertical climb rate indicator...*

But I will begin working on instruments, only after did all the wiring of the rest of the pit...

and I've updated my pit story... :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57226

http://www.opencockpits.com (links for IOCards)

Thanks a lot for the links...

Best regards

For your pit you could also checkout CH products, they have switches and a card that you can use to make your switches and dials USB interfaced. As for software I think there maybe a couple of future flight sims that will feature the 27 fully modeled. Its just a matter of waiting patiently I guess but FighterOps is being made with home cockpits in mind.

http://fighterops.com/forum/index.php?

http://www.fighterops.com/tacref.htm

Check out their pit builders forum, they might be doing a couple of Russian addons after their initial release which would no doubt include an SU27.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I'm sorrounded by maniacs:D:D! Cool' date=' men.[/quote']

Yeah, you're right, and i'm the very maniac. :D

I like your cockpits, guys.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

• 1 year later...