Black Sea Operations Website up

http://blackseaops.com/BSO

Take a look, it's not complete but the basic layout and content is almost complete.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

I'm glad you guys are still working on this campaign. I was worried it was long forgotten.

Ok, going to see the new webpage now :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hi T-Bone very nice and good looking website!

I am really looking forward to the flying the actual campaign(s).

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Very nice done site. I love the artworks. Can't wait for the actual campaign.

But there seems to be a problem for me ( I guess it is just me, because someone else would have said already ). The linkings of the buttons seems to be screwed up for me. When I click 'downloads' I get a application form, 'gallery' opens a forum, 'OGF' shows a list of awards. I am using Netscape 7.2 if that helps you.

Oh that is because the site isn't complete, and we're using links to our squadron page for stand ins.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

wow guys! good to see that you guys are still working on this...

but to be very very honest...

I kind of lost hope....sorry to say....but this campaign has been taking too long.. I understand the reasons, ambitions etc... but ..well...its been about 2 yrs ..or 1 and a half year since this has been in talks. :(

make no mistake...I do support your hard work and I do know it will be one of the most immersive scenarios in lockon:FC ...if released

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

We will see, if not enough people are interested in LOMAC anymore we may be forced to cancel it.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will see, if not enough people are interested in LOMAC anymore we may be forced to cancel it.

T-Bone

interest for lomac will definately not die any time soon and your campaign if released with all the new in-game pre-mission movies and all that will be amazing...that will definately make more people interested.

there is no lack of interest here... atleast until lomac 2 comes out :p.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I think your effort could be very importent for a enduring interest in LOMAC. What I observe now is a big lack of missions to fly. There are 2-3 people on the mission sub-forum releasing some missions every couple of weeks, but thats about it. I am very much missing ( realistic ) missions to fly. The missions and campaigns that come with Lock On as default don't fit my personal taste very much ( especially for the A-10 and F-15, the new russian ones aren't that bad ) and there are almost no 1.1 missions on the web.

This means that I have to build my own missions, wich is not that much fun. More often I am just playing quick battles using the editor, blasting some tanks or doing dogfights, or I just cruise around and do sightseeing. This basicaly reduces LOMAC to a quick combat action fix.

Having done some poor missionbuilding attemts myselfe I know how limiting LOMAC is in that regard and that it can be very fustrating to make missions. On one hand the editor is terribly lacking, featuring only the most basic tools. Then there is the AI wich means you have to run attemts over and over just to check how the AI will react trough the mission. And lastly the LOMAC world itselfe is very sterile and death, wich means that you have to bend yourselfe to create a mission that keeps the player somehow interested in areas other than the actual combat.

We just have to keep the crowd and ourselfe interested long enough for ED to finaly improve this aspect of their work. With so much having been written about that in the past, I am sure that ED will concentrate more effort in the area of gameplay/gameworld. I guess partialy with 1.2 and finaly with "The Successor".

But without any missions at all to play, LOMAC death until then. Where do the other forum participants take their missions from ? Is the whole Lock On community just playing the stock missions and doing quick battles ?

Btw, I had a idea to improve the missioneditor trough a third party external tool. You can read more about it here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=9235