Decreasing Loading Times - Back to old GUI

HungaroJET

Fixable through the links in Nate's signature

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 weeks later...

So, is there a way to set the new GUI to false? (ME.lua new_gui = false for instance)

I did this in the betas with my old rig and it worked very well. Now with 1.1.0.6, some of my friends have still bad rigs (for DCS:W) and we want to turn the new GUI off. But it doesn't work.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Tried this fix because I am really put off editing missions when it takes so long to test with slow loading.

Problem

Erroe

error loading module 'gui5' from file 'C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\bin\lua-gui5.dll':

The specified module could not be found.

I downloaded it from 2 sources and both are borked or I have done something wrong. But I followed the 1st post correctly?

HELP:cry:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uh...

I did this in the betas with my old rig and it worked very well. Now with 1.1.0.6, some of my friends have still bad rigs (for DCS:W) and we want to turn the new GUI off. But it doesn't work.

This is just great. I applied the patch and these changes don't work anymore

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read the posts in the entirety before I posted. Quite often on these forums answers are found and are posted elsewhere. The faults occured after 1.1.0.6 we have an update since then. I was fishing for a response.

But thanks for the reply glad I can help with your post count:P

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know the old OGL-GUI is deprecated and no longer supported.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As far as I know the old OGL-GUI is deprecated and no longer supported.

Is there no 1.1.0.7 solution, then? My load times are painful. Or just wait for 1.1.0.8 and hope the problem is solved?

Blue Skies & Tailwinds

tailspinstales.blogspot.com

I kept the Beta when I installed the Production version and so I do all the mission creation and editing in the Beta and then final testing in the Production version.

I can't alt-tab from the Production version either but the alt-tab in Beta still works fine (great for switching to check documentation or record a sound bite).

Just reinstall the Beta and call it something else (I called mine DCS-A10 Beta) so it doesn't conflict with the Production version. I have separate short cuts for both so it's easy to start either one.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates