How is the Mission Generator?

RichardG

Quick mission generator has much improved over the beta. It is highly customizable, if you want you can edit the whole mission or only parts like loadout. You have strength of units (AAA, SAM, Vehicles etc.) for every side or weather, scenario etc. which you can select and JTAC works great too. It's mostly (only?) CAS with JTAC available.

Quick mission generator has much improved over the beta. It is highly customizable, if you want you can edit the whole mission or only parts like loadout. You have strength of units (AAA, SAM, Vehicles etc.) for every side or weather, scenario etc. which you can select and JTAC works great too. It's mostly (only?) CAS with JTAC available.

I agree with everything you said, except the part about it being better than the beta. As far as I can tell it's identical to the beta version, which isn't a bad thing because it was great in the betas. Except that it never generates any fighters, no matter what the setting.

I tend to use it a lot as I haven't mastered the Mission Editor yet. Works quite well, although the other day I thought I had a boat to attack but realised when I got closer it was a line of 'trucks' ....in the sea ??

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

the mission editor is pretty comprehensive and fairly easy to use. I'm flying 90% self-made missions (still for practice) and I kinda love it. With the advanced waypoints you have a lot of detailed option e.g. tell a F/A-18C to attack a insurgent ship with a harpoon (if you don't set the weapon, the AI decides what to do).

Setting up some really easy 1 on 1 missions (T80 vs M1, F-15C vs. Su-27 etc.) and starting them a couple times i saw a tendency that the russian hardware seems to be a little overpowered. This is either because ED is russian (this has been stated before, consider it a quote) or because the player usually is blue and to give him a bit of a challenge. It really isnt a big deal.

One of the bigger problems of the mission editor is unit placement. On the map you don't always see where you place stuff exactly and the only way to tell is to load up the mission and cycle cameras through the units. Maybe the satellite view would help, I weren't able to switch to it in the editor. A 3D terrain preview would definitely help here. Let alone to know what you place when choosing "subsidiary structure 7" without a hundred hours of exp.

Another kick s feature is the random trigger, for which you can set the probability percentage. Meanwhile I use this a lot to make the missions a little less predictive.

I really like the editor. Unlike the campaign builder which is merely chaining missions together and add some text. no parameter handover to add some artifical dynamics.

If you hit something in a mission it will be back in the next mission like nothing happened. I really hope ED is going to improve it next so we can start building more immersive campaigns.

The mission editor is worth the $60 all for itself for me. If I'm not in the mood to fly i like just to watch a B1 bomb the s out of some military base. Or have two destroyers fight each other.

Edited by mic1184

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

How do you get JTAC comms freq on fast missions? I just went into the mission editor of the generated mission and couldn't find a JTAC unit to get the freq from! Please help!!!

:-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

You know, Mic1184's comment about Ed being Russian got me thinking..

I am completely new to military hardware and terminology for both sides I was a complete noob and only flew x-plane civil helis (bored as hell but didnt realize it) until DCS KA-50 came out.

And from the start considering Im white and western I see the American side of things before any other side.

Since then i regularly read up on both sides of the hardware and compare, even hellfires (even with fire and forget) don't match a vihkr payload for payload, range for range. I think Russians had a tendency to over engineer their stuff, where as America plays it lighter and closer to the envelope. And in the battlefield over engineered simply works better. Both good for Killing People, maybe equally* civilians, don't get me wrong.

But my monies always on the russians after researching the tech (I mean, with 1980's hardware they can almost match an apache, and if there was ever an apache on the side of the planet of a KA-50 they would give em AA and we ALL know it please dont get angry with me its in the g*ddamned specs already!! Edit: Phew I'm in the A:10 forum I can say what I like about AA!But I won't, Mods, You can be assured. ).

Besides, as Mic1184 said:

The mission editor is worth the $60 all for itself for me. If I'm not in the mood to fly i like just to watch a B1 bomb the s out of some military base. Or have two destroyers fight each other.
And damn.

*being ugh, equal about the white elephant. And all subjective opinion.

Edited by ben1101

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

Quick Mission Generator

What kind of missions does it kick out? Anyone using it yet? This will make it or break it for me. (I'm not talking about campaigns)

Yeah its pretty good. It's pretty much all I have been flying with the Beta and now release. I have found the AI to be a bit more responsive and more like a battle now in the release than in the Beta.

There are some quirks though. If you generate a mission close to the sea it can end up putting units in the water. Also, the weather settings are not the best really. I mainly fly "Cloudy". I would like to fly over cast with rain or just over cast. But the only option that gives weather some-what like this is "Precipitation" but this settings has overcast clouds at about 700m and fog all the way to the ground...it looks pretty crappy, I would have called this setting "heavy bad weather with Fog". I guess I can just change it in the editor before flight, but it seems like a pretty extreme weather setting for "Precipitation".

What does the difficulting setting change when you create a fast mission?

I would like to know this too. Perhaps the skill of enemy units ?

....JTAC works great too. It's mostly (only?) CAS with JTAC available.

I have not noticed an option to add a JTAC yet, that would be great. Where do you set this?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

I have been away from my sim computer for 8 weeks. Oh god, Im going to learn all this sh*t aren't I? Years of my life replaced by complex comms and jtac, what flavour are those? DCS is that good :)

I agree with everything you said, except the part about it being better than the beta. As far as I can tell it's identical to the beta version, which isn't a bad thing because it was great in the betas. Except that it never generates any fighters, no matter what the setting.

Hmm....? According to my log following a mission last night, I was shot down by a Su-25.. What made me look, was that I was shot down shortly after takeoff and was not yet near any enemy ground forces.

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870

I suspect that by "fighter" he means actual fighters, not bomb-trucks like the Su-25. ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I suspect that by "fighter" he means actual fighters, not bomb-trucks like the Su-25. ;)

Hehe..I suppose you are right, but fighter or not, it shot my behind down! :D

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870

What is the best way to deal with Su-25s (or any air-to-air threats). The section in the manual regarding using the targeting pod to acquire them sounds laughable. You're supposed to slew around the sky looking for them?

I know the A-10 is not meant for an air to air role, but what is the overall strategy? Get down low? How do you know where they are, as there is no Air to Air radar. Just the RWR?

What is the best way to deal with Su-25s (or any air-to-air threats). The section in the manual regarding using the targeting pod to acquire them sounds laughable. You're supposed to slew around the sky looking for them?

I know the A-10 is not meant for an air to air role, but what is the overall strategy? Get down low? How do you know where they are, as there is no Air to Air radar. Just the RWR?

In my own missions I always have Eagles on station, flying CAP, waiting for my orders :) My strategy is let someone else take care of them. I have never tried shooting down a fast mover, only helos. Its pointless to me to even try. If the mission doesnt let you call on CAP to help you (comms then F10) then I dont know. Bad mission design perhaps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Have you tried the Air-to-Air Training Mission?

But my monies always on the russians after researching the tech (I mean, with 1980's hardware they can almost match an apache,

I'll take your money right now. Major research fail on your part.

and if there was ever an apache on the side of the planet of a KA-50 they would give em AA and we ALL know it please dont get angry with me its in the g*ddamned specs already!!

It isn't. There's a button marked 'AA' and as far as we know, it isn't even wired, nor does the FCS appear to be capable of supporting more stations.

Thats right. I cram all the controversy into one single post so when they see Banned on my intelligent posts they really have to look for it haha. gone.

You certainly crammed a lot of "I read the internets" into one post ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeah I guess I could have researched failed. The potential was always there and who wouldn't be pro the ship you fly every day?

Damn this place is too cool. ill delete the crap ATT was up for too long haha thanks GG <3

Will have to shoot you down on the 104th one day :P (with a vikhr)

Edited by ben1101
  • Like 1

First I have to shoot down 17,179 Ka-50's, and the number keeps going up every time I post for some reason! :P

Apparently those are the odds of a Ka-50 vs my Eagle, so I believe you need to get behind a not-so-short line :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda