Parking Brake Please

jeffyd123

I guess that the real A10 doesnt have a parking brake... so be it.

In real life, the ground crew puts on chocks.... got it.

But in the sim the plane moves around a lot if there is wind or whatever and there is no way to stop the plane.... yes its irritating and yes it should have a brake to compensate for the ground crew not being able to put down chocks.

PLEASE PUT THIS IN A FUTURE PATCH....

thanks

Jeff

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

I vote chocks and thus intercom comms with your ground crew as well!

There are comms with the ground crew (refuel, rearm and repair).

And the option for instructing the ground crew to place and remove chocks should clear this problem as well.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

There are comms with the ground crew (refuel, rearm and repair).

And the option for instructing the ground crew to place and remove chocks should clear this problem as well.

I know there's comms with the GC already, what I meant was that they should just add the chocks option and you control that then with GC comms.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

+1 to comms to ground crew asking for chocks to be removed.. great idea.

(i do have a toggle on my HOTAS as a parking break.. so i have my own chocks!)

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I vote chocks and thus intercom comms with your ground crew as well!

Me too...a simulated launch wouldn't be hard to do IMO with a crew chief on a headset/comm cord. No parking brake, I understand some things we can't do in the sim that we do real world everyday but parking brakes, that's a big negative to me. Chocks could easly have a trigger to be removed (say when you request clearance to taxi to the active) or installed (when you request rearm, refuel, or ground power).

But, I'm not a programmer so I don't know how much code that would require but it would add to the realism of the game.

+1 to comms to ground crew asking for chocks to be removed.. great idea.

(i do have a toggle on my HOTAS as a parking break.. so i have my own chocks!)

Launch varies slightly from unit to unit but at Moody we launch with one crew chief (same with recovery) and we are on the headset until the pilot is ready to taxi. Most go like this:

Pilot: "Chief, you can pull cholks."

I (crew chiefs) put the ladder up and close the door (F69) then take out the chalks on the (pilots) right tire first then the (pilots) left, walk to the comm cord panel (F71) tell the pilot to have a safe flight and I'll see him/her when they get back, disconnect the comm cord and close F71.

I then take my positiong in the front of the ACFT (side varies on the direction they will be turning when taxing out of the spot) and wait for him/her to give the signal to run up the engines. We stand at attention while giving the Stop/hold brakes marshalling signal with our arms.

stop.jpg

The pilot will then give us the signal they are ready to taxi and we give them the cholks out then the run up signal followed by the taxi foward signal:

chocksr.jpgrunup.jpgfwd.jpg

Most times we don't need to direct them to turn left or right but if we do its:

turnr.jpgturnl.jpg

Once we don't need to marshal them anymore we "wave them off" (direction depends on side you are marshalling from) followed by a salute

waver.jpgwavel.jpgsalute.jpg

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 3

+1

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | Intel Core i7 920@3.8GHz| OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB | 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 | EVGA GTX 780| Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit | Thrustmaster Warthog #00307 | Saitek Pro Flight pedals |Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's | 30" Dell monitor (2560X1600)

:drink:.....and additional "bring me one beer please!"

Before or after the flight!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

......followed by a salute

You salute your aircrew?? That's a really bad idea, you'll end up making them think they are important. ;) But hey, I can't even get my head round the crew chief concept.

On Topic:

It would be excellent to have realistic ground operations in the sim, and the same goes for ATC. You never know what ED has up their sleeves (NO, we mere testers don't either! ;)), but if the guys can do as good a job with see off comms/ATC, and dare I say it AWACS (you listening guys ;)) as they did with the JTAC the future is looking good.

Fingers crossed hey.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

You salute your aircrew?? That's a really bad idea, you'll end up making them think they are important. ;) But hey, I can't even get my head round the crew chief concept.

On Topic:

It would be excellent to have realistic ground operations in the sim, and the same goes for ATC. You never know what ED has up their sleeves (NO, we mere testers don't either! ;)), but if the guys can do as good a job with see off comms/ATC, and dare I say it AWACS (you listening guys ;)) as they did with the JTAC the future is looking good.

Fingers crossed hey.

As to saluting, it isn't because we want to ;)

I'm sure ED has something up their sleeves as well :D

great ideas, i especially whould like to see those ground crew chiefs..

thumbs up!

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

relatively easy to implement.

Please don't say that, everytime i read it i lose some of my faith in humanity. I am now at the point where i assume that we are all righteously doomed. :D

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Please don't say that, everytime i read it i lose some of my faith in humanity. I am now at the point where i assume that we are all righteously doomed. :D

Come on, add one option to the GC voice menu, add some voice, add a break on, break off routine coupled to that system, viola, for pete's sake, how hard can it be?!?!? :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

:P:P:P:P

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

and the extended ladder please

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Hey Jeff doesn't the 'emergency brake' on the left console double as a parking brake?

No, it just switches the brake system from the left to the right hydraulic system. Absolutely no parking brake on the A-10.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!