[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

Here is all you need to know for a successful Multi-monitor living with DCS world:

First Read this:

Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“

and than copy pre-set 1* into your DCS World 1.2.0 install to make all exports functional without the need of manual editing the init.lua files.

Than start to play around with the exports - so you will learn by doing.

Use the included Export example.lua as a guideline and template.

Also read here to know how to deal with several design flaws when using more than one monitor in DCS:

A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users. - ED Forums

That's all!:)

*optional:

Or you can also use this present to maintain separation between the A-10 and Ka-50 exports.

But this is only needed if you switch often between the KA-50 and A-10.

>> #68

PeterP, I used your files for ver 1.2.0, worked great, I just switched to version 1.2.1 and some of the instruments are not exporting, I followed the same procedure and copied over the 3 files in DCS World, but no luck. Do you have any updated versions of export files for ver 1.2.1? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Disregard for the moment, I got most of the kinks worked out, what a pain in the bottom! The only thing I cant seem to figure out now is that when the sim starts, and the GUI is presented to start, I see it, but the buttons to click on it are abscured by something? I even elocated the GUI via my monitor config, but the results are the same. the only way I can start the sim is by clicking on the main screen with a left click of the mouse, hit escape, then hit pause?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

Dear PeterP, thank you for all your excellent work and invaluable help to the community!

I tried to patiently read your excellent tutorials, but there still is a basic question that I can't find the definite answer to:

what is the full list of gauges, symbols, indicators etc that you can export using the viewports method?

E.g. can you export, say, the Vertical Speed gauge as a separate viewport, so that the program draws the gauge outside the Center viewport at a user-selected position? Or for gauges like that you need to use other export methods (i.e. parametric data export only), using the principles similar to what HawgTouch is using?

Edited by SV_huMMer

=================

"Если вы боитесь высоты, значит, вы просто еще не пугались ее отсутствия"

"If you fear heights, you simply haven't yet feared the absence thereof"

=================

Core i7 2600K, ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3, 32GB DDR3 1600, Radeon HD 7950, 256Gb SSD Crucial M4, 2TB Samsung SATAIII, 1,5TB WD SATAIII, 650W Enermax Modu87+

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('two monitors test');

Description = 'two monitor'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 3;

width = 420;

height = 420;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2780;

y = 3;

width = 420;

height = 420;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2680;

y = 15;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

am i right that this setup should show the RWR between the mfd's ??

it whont show up for some reason

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90574_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Australasian Gaming Community

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

See here

I'm guessing you have yet to change the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator AN_ALR69V_init.lua!!

:music_whistling:

PeterP has made this zip file just for this and the other exports if you add them later.

:)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Got it goin Thanks!!!

Does some one know if its possible to put the Alti meter to the second screen as well ?

using which command

Thx

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90574_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Australasian Gaming Community

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

Don't think you can. :(

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

• 4 weeks later...

Whats with the UHF Frequency on the main panel left and down from Arti Horizon? It used to show the full freq (125.xxx) etc etc, now it just shows the "preset channel"? It seems to be screwin up my exports for helios as the UHF_REPEATER and UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL.lua are looking at the same thing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

Whats with the UHF Frequency on the main panel left and down from Arti Horizon? It used to show the full freq (125.xxx) etc etc, now it just shows the "preset channel"? It seems to be screwin up my exports for helios as the UHF_REPEATER and UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL.lua are looking at the same thing?

I'm not sure what you mean.

The UHF frequency repeater only shows the preset channel that is selected (125.xxx is a VHF frequency) and to the best of my knowledge, has never shown a full UHF frequency.

Mine are working as normal with 1.2.2 and the latest update on 26 Nov.

In Helios terms that one is the "UHF_REPEATER" and rightly should show the same output as the "UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL" (which if you are using my profile or a version of it, should only show when you "pull out" the "Radio Console")

So from what you've said above, things are correct and maybe your mistaken. :(

I figured it out. It will show BOTH the preset # and the actual frequencies. If you have the switch set to "PRE" it shoes the preset # ie 1,2,3 etc. If you have it set to MANUAL it shows the whole frequency to 6 digits, ie 251.000 etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

• 1 month later...

I'm using the files for the KA-50's PVI, UV-26 and EKRAN from "All_Exports_ON_for A-10C_and_Ka-50_in _DCS World_1.2.0" with DCSW1.2.2 with Spike's Helios profile from here http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/252623/

It works pretty nicely, the only strange thing is the controls indicator (Rctrl+Enter) is showing up in the lower left corner of the second monitor, over the PVI. Anyone know how to fix this?

This is my MonitorConfig:

_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('spikeHelios-1.0');
Description = 'Two monitor configuration';
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1200;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.77;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 0;
y = 1200+0;
width = 921;
height = 730;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 1272;
y = 1200+0;
width = 648;
height = 812;
}

ED_KA50_UV26 =
{
    x = 1030;
    y = 1200+610;
    width = 115;
    height = 60;
}
ED_KA50_PVI =
{
    x = 20;
    y = 1200+726;
    width = 240;
    height = 90;
}
ED_KA50_Ekran =
{
    x = 1642;
    y = 1200+950;
    width = 90;
    height = 55;
 }

EDIT: Damn, just realised this is the A-10C forum, I'll try and find somewhere in the BS2 forum to ask about this.

Edited by doveman

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Ah I see, thanks.

I had my 2nd monitor positioned (in Windows) to the right of my main monitor before, which explains why the Control Indicator was staying on the main monitor then. I intend to have it underneath my main monitor eventually, which is why I was experimenting with a vertical setup, so I'll have to reposition the indicator then but for now I think I'll just adjust the .lua back to a horizontal setup.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

OK I must be missing something. I have my MFCDs exported to the monitor and setup great. I now want to stop rendering the in cockpit MFCDs....how exactly do I do that?

Thanks

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

I can't seem to get anything but the right and left MFD to show up on monitor 4. I copied and paste the code from the first page into my cdu_int.lua file, then changed the red wording to o vp = env.ed_a10c_cdu. Also updated my monitor config .lua profile to include this viewport but still no cdu, only the left and right MFD's. Anyone see where I made an error? My ingame resolution is set to 4096x768

name = _('test');

Description = 'test';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3072;

height = 768;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 4.25;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 3115;

y = 447;

width = 280;

height = 285;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3793;

y = 445;

width = 280;

height = 285;

}

ED_A10C_CDU =

{

x = 3315;

y = 200;

width = 100;

height = 100;

}

please look at the date of the first post and consider that there where several updates to DCS in between.

Things have changed.

use this instead >>>

I invite you to have a look at this files,

they do the guesswork for you by simply copy'n'paste.

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...11#post1541311

..and Yes,

this also works in DCS-World 1.2.2.

Edited by PeterP

please look at the date of the first post and consider that there where several updates to DCS in between.

Things have changed.

use this instead >>>

Thank you. I noticed there were some changes from the first page, I did read through about 12 pages trying to find the answer but did not read through all 42. Again appreciate the quick link and your work on this!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have a problem with my view ports which I'm hoping the knowledgeable amongst us will be able to help me sort out.

When I export view ports in DCS World (A10C) the background is a green colour for the Digital Clock, RWR, UHF etc. when it should be black. It is fine for the two MFCD's though. Any thoughts on how I can get it back in the black?

thanks, Fluky Strike

BS2, A10c, TM Warthog Hotas, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, Acer Touchscreen with Helios, I5 2500k 4.4GHz, AMD 6950 flashed & oc'd to 6970.

• 3 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE multi monitor export indicators

thank you for the explanation, but this does not help me because it is not clear to someone as dumb as me when it comes to computer language... in other words it has to be explained to me like your trying to explain how to use the internet to your grandmother... LOL

but please walk me through this a little better... so i have 2 functioning and well sized mfcd's going with the cougar deals on a 2nd monitor so i understand how to sut up multi monitors, but how to i do extra instruments on the 2nd screen??/

So, do i copy and paste the big computer language box you wrote with the code???

It says "And just paste below this code :" but that makes no sense to me??? Paste the code box to the alr69v indicator language in the a10 folder and resave as using notepad++???? OR paste the "indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON" to my forehead??????

IM SOOOOO CONFUSED!

Thank you so much for a idiots walk thru PLEASEEEEE

bRandom

HELP PLEASE multi monitor export indicators

Help this makes no sense to me??? I have the cougar mfcd's working on my 2nd screen but cannot figure out what you mean when you say find the line... indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON (which i had no problem finding), but then where do i paste it????

are you saying paste it underneath the code that you wrote out in the box below that???

Or are you saying paste the long code you wrote out underneath the indicator code line in notebook++ added to the code from the alr69v.indi file i copied to notebook++ in order to resave it with the additional code you wrote out???

or do i delete the old alr69v file and replace it with your code???? then save it to the a10 folder etc???

It is unclear to someone like me who has never done any programming (other than setting up the mfcd's) which is the most advanced thing ive ever done on a computer...

It says "and just paste below this code"

But paste what below what code where???????????

Very confused and eager to set this up...

Thank you very much for any assistance from anyone

B

Brandom, you need to:

1. Make a copy of the init_xxx.lua for backup if things go wrong.

2. Add the code into the lua file using notepad. It does say where you need to read it again.

3. You repeat this for each of the indicators you want to export.

4. You then need to create a monitors config file. I cant remember if it is a .lua or .cfg at the moment.

This needs to reference each export and specify its position with respect to your monitors. There are examples if you look for them. If you decide to start from dcratch there are some examples in your installation folders already.

5. Finally you need to go into the GUI, select options then select the monitor configuraton.

BS2, A10c, TM Warthog Hotas, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, Acer Touchscreen with Helios, I5 2500k 4.4GHz, AMD 6950 flashed & oc'd to 6970.

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/145724/

Just remembered all the init files and view port handling are here and you can simply paste them into the relevant folders of your install folders. Make backup in case.

You still need to modify your monitors setup as detailed in steps 4 and 5