Problems with JTAC coms

Juhnu

Hey everyone,

I have scratched my head for a while now and can't seem to be able to figure this out. Before the previous patch I had alot of crashes at the devil's cross first mission where you are supposed to shoot the jtac targets. The communication with the jtac worked fine.

Now the newest patch fixed the CDT's but for some reason I cannot contact the jtac anymore. The radio for jtac is shown as black text instead of white and the same goes also for my wingman and the flight radio. Im using easy coms. Anyone have an idea what the black text instead of white means in the radio?

yeah radios are on and communications to ATC and awacs work fine. Maybe I should indeed try it without easy coms maybe it would work then.

EDIT: Tried with full simulation mode and still no no avail. I found out in the manual that when the radio contact is blackened out in easy coms mode it means you are out of range or something else is blocking the coms. Tried different altitudes and positions and still didn't work. Maybe they broke the mission in the patch since it used to work fine aside from the CTD's.

Edited by Juhnu

I also had that no data problem before and it seemed to happen whenever I change load out in the mission planner. I resulted into rearming once on the airfield and fixed that issue. However still don't get any contact to the jtac but I finished the mission without contacting him anyway.

Hi I too have tried to communicate with the AWACS for JTAC positions without success .. there is a good guide which explains how to use this tool?

How do we know the positions of enemy units and place them as steerpoint for example? ..!

Best regards ...

;1169284']Hi I too have tried to communicate with the AWACS for JTAC positions without success .. there is a good guide which explains how to use this tool?

How do we know the positions of enemy units and place them as steerpoint for example? ..!

Best regards ...

Ciao Dixie , visto che sei italiano ti rispondo nella nostra llingua , prima di tutto l'awacs di solito non e' abilitato a fornire bersagli come jtac , in ogni modo il jtac ha una frequenza "sua" di solito da impostare sulla radio FM ( es. 40 0 50 ecc.) , sempre che nella missione che stai facendo e' disponibile. Devi cmq contattarlo al momento giusto usando l'F4 nella radio e seguire la procedura per acquisire il bersaglio.

I am just learning the mission planner as it seems it's a must to know if you want to learn the sim and be able to set up training scenarios.

So, I set up my first jtac test following instructions from the forums.

It's set up as a jtac unit because its visible in the radio using easy mode to check.

The trouble is, just like this thread jtac is always black, i.e. out of range. The mission starts so close that it cant be and flying near and over the units makes no difference.

Anyone figured out what the problem here is/was? I have just installed a new 1.1.0.7 as a clean install.

Thanks!

New Mission.miz

For me i realized that you have to use the mic switch commands to activate whichever radio you want . Ie Mic switch forward for VHF AM and Mic switch backward for VHF FM and so forth. I have a HOTAS Warthog now so its a little easier.

Watching WarriorXs radio tutorial helped me as well. But my main problem with the black text was the mic switch. With easy communication and alt + num+ would never get me in contact with wingman or jtac until i learned that i needed to use the mic switch commands.

I am just learning the mission planner as it seems it's a must to know if you want to learn the sim and be able to set up training scenarios.

So, I set up my first jtac test following instructions from the forums.

It's set up as a jtac unit because its visible in the radio using easy mode to check.

The trouble is, just like this thread jtac is always black, i.e. out of range. The mission starts so close that it cant be and flying near and over the units makes no difference.

Anyone figured out what the problem here is/was? I have just installed a new 1.1.0.7 as a clean install.

Thanks!

First off. 45 AM is not a valid freq. RTFM or at least Warrior X's guide.

All the peeps that posted in this thread stop using easy radio, it ain't hard to learn and is essential anyway eventually. No server runs easy comms!

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Cibit, 45 was one freq that I tested and probably the one in the mission but I can tell you that I tested many freq's before posting.

I also used easy comms to get some indication of why it wasn't working because I had read that the different colours can help you identify why things are not working - i.e. black means it's out of range.

Thanks for having a play with the mission file, I will give it a go in the morning - just got back from a&e as a ladder fell on one of the kids :(

I will post back with the results. While I agree not to use easy comms and I don't use easy anything for my flying I find it hard to believe that comms just dont work on easy mode although I accept if there is a bug there, I just havent seen ED acknowledge one.

Thanks!

Well I hope your child is ok. Hard work being a parent:helpsmilie:

RE the mission. The frequency would be ok with the FM selected but not AM. I got in touch with your JTAC after changing him to a hummvee. Not sure M4 soldier has radio for JTACing?

I personally always use vehicles for ground unit Jtac.

Check out the guide in my sig. Basic but does what it needs:)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He's ok after they glued it all up. A lot of blood can come out of a 3 yr olds head and then 2 1/2 hours at a&e.

At least they fell asleep as soon as they got home. Easter eggs didn't hurt during the time of pain :)

Anyway, all is good now. Comms are all going fine and after figuring out the jtac bug with only getting 5 digits things are moving along good now :)