HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

Hi Javelina1

I noticed your comment in the thread saying Hawg touch was no longer supported, could you clarify please, as I was going to try it out?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Javelina1

I noticed your comment in the thread saying Hawg touch was no longer supported, could you clarify please, as I was going to try it out?

Thanks

Neal

Hi Neil, my comment was with regards to the developer He may have taken a break from things, (as far as supporting further code updates).

Once I'm on my game rig, later this morning, I'll post up the gauges that I do have working with DCS 1.2.8. I do like Hawgtouch, it's pretty cool.

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Rats! I can get HT to run flawlessly within SP (1.2.8 ). When I attempt to run it in MP mode, no joy... bummer. the engine gauges are working just fine in SP.

Not sure why MP is not working...:(

edit: adding the .xml file. these gauges work like a champ in SP. but don't budge at all when in MP.

for grins, I even tried injecting the gauge .dll into the /bin, still no joy. (ok, it was worth a shot).

1.5 - scale.xml.zip

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi Jav

Thank you for the post. Would you be able to answer a 'bone' question regarding HT and Helios? To my little brain the principle difference between the two (forgetting programming) is that HT let's you export gauges and panels to separate monitors to enhance the experience, whereas Helios is more specialized in allowing a full interactive 2d cockpit to be created?

I currently run Helios which is great but as my pit develops I would like to explore options for the main dashboard.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi Bluethorton,

I can't really speak to Helios, (rather in depth about it). I just bailed out on HT, as that I could not get the gauges to work in MP. The HT gauges work just fine in SP mode.

I'm now using Helios, to extract all of the gauges I want, (engine temp, RPM, fuel, etc). And I'm also using EMC (Easy Monitor Configurator), to extract my MFD's, RWR, and CDU. I have the Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's, hence no need for a touch screen with those pasted onto my 2nd display.

All of that info is being extracted to my 2nd display, a 20" 1600x900.

Helios is working like a champ. At some point soon, I'll probably look into a touch screen display of some sort, and augment further Helios extracts that allow the touch capability.

I'd say at this point, stick with Helios (until HT comes out with another update, which I'm not sure as to when).

Hi Jav

Good advice thanks, Helios is working well for me as well, although not been able to get EMC to work on 1.2.8, tried the registry amend as suggested in the EMC thread but without success, what's your secret?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Hey Blue,

I've been on business travel to Austin this week. Upon my return this weekend, I'll post my info/links regarding EMC.

I know that EMC worked just great! (I didn't perform any sort of registry edits either).

regards,

-Jav

Hi Jav

Good advice thanks, Helios is working well for me as well, although not been able to get EMC to work on 1.2.8, tried the registry amend as suggested in the EMC thread but without success, what's your secret?

Neal

I found this link to be very helpful, just focus on the Helios info section, (just the Helios steps, and I was rock'n). Start small at first. Pick one or two gauges, and get the bindings in place, test, validate, tweak, and then you'll be cool!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108160&highlight=helios+binding

I'm running Windows 8.1 with update 1, and I did not make any sort of registry edits.

• 2 months later...

updates to this mod?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HawgTouch can work with any DCS module. Gauges for specific modules can be made using the gauge SDK released here on earlier posts :)

Ill be happy to help setting up HawgTouch for the Dora as I fly it myself and loving it!

cool beans m8! would love to have the gauges for the Dora!

do you have a default gauge config for the Dora that you can post? I'd like to tinker...

Edited by javelina1

cool beans m8! would love to have the gauges for the Dora!

do you have a default gauge config for the Dora that you can post? I'd like to tinker...

Currently there are no Dora gauges available for HawgTouch, they can be made by anyone, or if I'll get some spare time I'll maybe work them myself.

I'll keep y'all posted :) I still have to finish the P51/Huey set ;o

• Like 1

ok, cool. thanks M8, we do appreciate your efforts. Hawgtouch is pretty cool! :thumbup:

So, it looks like alot of modules are coming out recently and more to come in the near future.

I'll be straight up here, since Gadroc switched Helios licensing to free, it somewhat killed my passion to continue working on HawgTouch, coupled with tons of real life things to take care of and a long break I took from DCS all led to this project being on the verge of abandonment.

I've attempted several times to return full swing into action developing HawgTouch and providing support and new content for the recently released modules. I've actually gone quite far with the Huey and P-51 but couldn't muster the inner-strength to finish these. Drawing gauges is a tedious work and requires alot of attention to small details

However, seeing as Helios only supports A-10/Ka-50, my hunger is coming back to provide this wonderful community with newly created gauges and support for ALL of the current modules. Apart from being engaged, I see a great opportunity for HawgTouch to be the go to software for anyone with pit building aspirations.

Recent changes with the way Microsoft is distributing their tools has allowed anyone who is capable of, to download their Express studio and experiment with vector graphics (which is what I used to draw the HawgTouch gauges).

Now here's what I'm thinking...Alone, there is no way I could do all this work, I simply have too much on my hands, however, if some people here volunteer to help me with this, we can do something wonderful. Of course, anyone who is volunteering to help with be credited and I'll personally give you a step by step instruction (either on Skype, TeamSpeak or any software of your choice) on how to get started and what needs to be done.

So this is why I'm posting this, if anyone is willing to step up to the plate, I say let's do it! That way we'll have not only A-10 and Ka-50 support but also Huey, Dora, Mustang, Sabre and all the rest of them!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Links are dead

Hello,

Could you reupload the files somewhere? Because all of the links are dead I think.

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

I would love to have gauges for the P-51, 190 and the 109. Is there any progress on Hawgtouch? I fully understand your time and effort and real life and appreciate all that you do. I use a second monitor for my setup and Helios for the F15. I also fly Cliffs of Dover and use the VirtualCockit gauges that have been done by the ATAG community. When I fly the P-51 the gauges are sorely missed. I hope you find time to finish the work on the P-51 support.

15102857923_5621a5b7b9_c.jpg

15601936355_2b02dc1ff9_c.jpg

Hey,

I love the look of this however I'm not able to download the version on the front page. "HawgTouch 1.5 with Gauge Pack 1.3 [1.5MB] [Download]"

I get a connection timed out message. Anyone know if the files are hosted anywhere else or someone is willing to host them up to download them?

Thanks

N1tch

• 2 months later...
1.5 is hosted on the DCS User Files section for now

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/377051/

Thx, does anyone know if I can display my CDU on a windows 8.1 tablet (while running DCS on my desktop)?

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

• 1 month later...