Can't trim

dino1984

Hey,

In mission "South Ossetia Pirates" I completely cannot trim helicopter.

It is acting like crazy immediately after start. What can be the reason of it?

Mountains, game bug or maybe I'm not turning on some stabilizing system during start-up (in this mission helicopter is 'dead and dark' at the beggining).

This effect is not present in any other mission.

There is a switch on the back right panel that turns on the autopilot switches. Don't remember what its called. Without flipping that switch the autopilot buttons will not light up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Ok, problem solved - I wasn't turning on INU and autopilots.

But new problem has rised... again mission 'south ossetia pirates'.

When I fly through the mountains and I want to cross them I cannot gain enough altitude - rotor RPM is alarming, and in effect engines are turned off. I already tried even hover and climb in place, but it don't work to. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

When I fly through the mountains and I want to cross them I cannot gain enough altitude - rotor RPM is alarming, and in effect engines are turned off. I already tried even hover and climb in place, but it don't work to. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Best bit is to search on this in the forums. There are lots of topics on this and how to achieve it and loads of information.

Basically for high flight you will need to keep a set forward speed. You may/will need ice protection systems on and watch your aircraft weight.

A lot of the posts i mentioned will have speeds that have worked out for individuals and some go into great detail (its too late for me, sorry, so no long explanation.)

Happy flying.

I round that problem too. I get back a little and gained speed . Wit heli in speed I can climb untill the requested altitude and than came back and cross mountain. In hovering climb rate was zero... In velocity I gained altitude.

Thanks in advance.

From the start of the mission start gaining altitude. Hovering and climbing is not a good idea. find a good balance in speed and climbing. Also turn on the antifreeze for the engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I found solution.

Earlier I changed armament - Vikhr instead of outer unguided rocekts. It was to heavy. When I jettisoned inner unguided rocekts (leaving Vikhr onboard) it was Ok, and I managed to cross those mountains.

PS. what cheapest rudder pedals are avaible on market? I'm using X52 joystick and It is hard to keep trimming rudder by twisting joystick and simultaneously operatring Shkval with hat :)

PS. what cheapest rudder pedals are avaible on market? I'm using X52 joystick and It is hard to keep trimming rudder by twisting joystick and simultaneously operating Shkval with hat :)

For slewing the Shval pipper, try adding the Slewing keys to the Arrow keys on the keyboard

I also use just one button on my joystick - for Centring the Shval pipper

That way you can Twist with you right-hand without messing up the Slewing with your left hand

That's a cheaper option than a rudder (mine cost $160 - but that was for the A-10C)

Never needed it with my MS Sidewinder in DCS: Black Shark

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

More of my stupid questions :)

When I try to do hover I d everything as in instructions - pitching up,reducing speed to zero, engaging "auto hover". The problem is that first thing which auto hover is doing is gaining ~100 kph speed and keep flying instead of hovering :/ Any ideas how to force it stay in place ?? Thanks in advance.

PS. Question to X52 users - is it normal that button "i" on the throttle doesn't work in game (in control panel it does work)?

Why don't you just upload a track of your attempt at auto-hover? That way we'll be able to give you very specific advice. Ideally, record a new track (perform a new flight) to only contain that particular hover problem so we don't have to watch your bird climb the mountains for half an hour. :-)

Some thoughts, though:

• Get the helicopter into a near hover (you said you already did, so that's good)
  • Trim. Make sure the helicopter remains in or near that state when you take your hands off the controls.
  • Make sure flight director is switched off (it will be switched off unless you switched it on yourself).
  • Make sure route mode is switched off (again, it will only be switched on if you did that yourself)
  • Make sure the stability augmentation channels are switched on and are working properly (only applies if you started the cold chopper from the ramp or if you switched them off yourself - or if they malfunction :-) ).
  • Finally, with the chopper still in or near a hover, switching on auto-hover should do the trick.

And again, as was already suggested, there are lots of posts about these problems all around the forums. When you post a new question, at least help us help you by uploading a track or be very specific about your actions prior to the problem.

• 1 month later...