New X:Rebirth

WynnTTr

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted this to work but its total crud so far.

At first it wouldn't even start. Then I read that more than 5 USB devices and it has problems. So I unplugged just about everything and it started.

Now its just slow, buggy, glitchy and uncontrollable without a gamepad. Gamepad? What is this a Console Port? If so I think I will wait until its out on PS4!!!!

For a commercial release its laughable. The best space sim at the moment? Kerbal Space Program :)

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

Yeah the game is buggy as hell. Had one crash so far and a lot of minor bugs that I managed to get around somehow. Had to reload a few times, so my advice is save and save often. Have at least three save files in case that one of them gets corrupted. (Hasnt happened to me but Ive read that its something that happens to a lot of people)

Im just going through the campaign and Im enjoying it, warts and all. The graphics are absolutely stunning. Some slowdowns and hickups now and there but nothing major.

If you can stand the bugs its worth getting now IMO. If you want a complete gaming experience then wait a few months. They designed the game to be very moddable and Im sure with some patches and mods its going to be a blast at that point.

If they stick to their standard for the X Games it will eventually be great.

Sadly by then it'll be £5 on Steam and something like Chris Roberts Star Citizen or the new Elite that's being talked about will be out.

I'm with you Scottt as given the above we have both wasted time and money to the tune of about £35 and should probably have waited a few months until it was in the bargain bin. I actually thought after a supposed 7 years development this one would be different...

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

I think Egosoft is like a team of 7 people. They should have released it as a beta on steam, so that people knew what they were getting into. You have to realize that this is not an AAA game, and they basically released it when they ran out of money. Im not condoning what happened but Im just saying, if you think the game is crap then nothing will change your mind, but Im enjoying it. It will tide me over until the the standalone F15 release at least :)

They could easily have gone the Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous way and made a Kickstarter campaign a year ago. With the weight the X series carries, it would have been a successful crowdfunding campaign, solving their financial problems, maybe even allowing them to hire a few more people to polish the game properly. And by this time, it would be much further along.

Now it'll just get really bad reviews, flop, and the team won't be able to even fix all the bugs because they will go broke: after the few die hard X fans buy it, the rest of the crowd will just see a seriously malfunctioning title with outdated graphics.

It really does not bode well for them, I'm afraid.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I currently enjoy this game despite the bugs and issues. After all other controllers are unplugged the mouse control works well for me. I had a single CTD until now and performance is good on my old PC. I agree many things are broken and they somewhat failed to deliver a first-time user experience. Visually it`s stunning with the huge stations and I like the fact that you can land on it and visit it. They may lack of diversity, though I have to find out.

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

My main problem was that I couldn't advance in the campaign because I couldn't give my ships order so they stayed in hostile areas and were destroyed...

Should work now with 1.14.:)

Patch 1.14 - 2013-11-19

• Fixed crash when starting game caused by attached joystick.

• Fixed several causes of crashes in-game.

• Fixed boarding failure feedback.

• Fixed problem with gate not activating.

• Fixed UI issues with buttons being active where they shouldn't.

• Fixed ware categories not being expanded in trade offers.

• Fixed problem with secondary weapon panel not being visible sometimes.

• Fixed problem with player engineers on board capital ships and stations.

Fixed issues with ship traders not accepting orders.

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Ooohh, nice!

Looking forward to tonight, I'll try it.

Although I admit it is sometimes hard for me not to join the haters. I want it to work and many many people are just destructive. Ok, Egosoft has dropped a clanger with X:R. I'm not arguing about that. But they know it. People should stop whining now and be a tiny bit patient and wait for a few fixes that will make the game playable, and then a few more that make it enjoyable.

So after all I could have waited for that Amazon delivery I canceled. :D Whatever. :)

Sounds familiar. I guess that's just normal nowadays... :(

Anyway, I tried the game again yesterday, and it worked.... a bit better I guess? Now I can somehow give commands (although sometimes I just don't get a reply so I don't know whether the command worked or not) and the trade menu doesn't freeze anymore in most cases. It's still quite rough. I'll let it ripen for a few more days. And perhaps restart the campaign (I'm not that far into it yet) so maybe I won't lose that first ship they gave me by ordering it to fly somewhere safe.

I already see some good improvements, I guess they are on the right track with their patching efforts.

But too late for many people I guess. 30% plan to get refunds if possible. Sad for Egosoft, but they should have known that.

Ive stopped playing. Its just too rough round the edges. They are going to be a while fixing the things that need fixing, and especially (re)introducing some game mechanics that are inexplicably missing from the game. I have no doubt that they will patch it into something decent and MODders will make it fantastic.

Right now Im having a lot of fun with XCOM: EW, while I wait for the F15C....(please be end of november, please....)

I decided to give this a chance and have now played around 20hours.

I have actually been enjoying it (after installing a few mods) and can see that it has huge potential.

But Its going to take some time.

I hope to come back to an improved game in a few months time.

I´m really surprised that I haven`t yet one of these plot errors/bugs so many people have. Started the plot one time and applied all patches to it and still playing it.

Everytime I`m hooked by these huge stations and the details. Doing mostly kill missions to earn money for the story.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they have got past the USB Controller issues?

Unless I unplug just about all but Keyboard and Mouse it wouldn't even start for me.

After a particularly unpleasant exchange with a forum member there (guessing a 10 year old) about me bragging about how much USB I have plugged in and I was showing off at having a Warthog and the MFD's Ive just left the forums alone.

I noticed last night its patch 1.9 already so hoping it, and the associated controller issues are fixed?

J.

Does anyone know if they have got past the USB Controller issues?

Unless I unplug just about all but Keyboard and Mouse it wouldn't even start for me.

After a particularly unpleasant exchange with a forum member there (guessing a 10 year old) about me bragging about how much USB I have plugged in and I was showing off at having a Warthog and the MFD's Ive just left the forums alone.

I noticed last night its patch 1.9 already so hoping it, and the associated controller issues are fixed?

J.

When I get a chance over the next few days, I can post my method for creating shortcuts to disable/re-enable any usb device. This lets you enable/disable selected hardware with a single double-click without physically plugging/unplugging anything. Stupid games that don't hanfle multiple devices.

that'd be great thanks Crunch.

Much Appreciated :)

No problem Jase. Here is the post

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117720

Cheers Crunch.

Much appreciated.

J.

• 1 month later...

Still the game is crappy even when you do get beyond the "USB Limit".

Piece of crap and all the reviews say the same. A missed opportunity methinks. Bring on Elite: Dangerous.

J.

• 3 months later...

So, they patched this and things look a little better. USB limit is gone, so you don't have to get the xbox controller out. If like me you were mugged for £30 on release day, go back and take another look....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why yes, I did just crash...