Sunday Fun - Come Join US (great videos)

Anyone (preferably N. American players due to timezone) want to have some great fun using TS3, (with TARS) flying the HOG making tanks go BOOM? Come join us on Sundays!

Look for Ranger79 Server! PM if interested, good, clean fun.

COBRABASE PERSPECTIVE OF FLIGHT: (GREAT VIDEO):

Edited by Ranger79

Can I ask what version of ts3 you are running, I have tried to get tars running but it will not find my ts3 exe when I'm trying to point tars at it but it finds my black shark install ok.

Nick

Last time I checked TAR's doesn't work with the latest teamspeak just yet, Headspace is working on it though. So if your running TS3 RC1 then you will have to downgrade or wait.

Teamspeak added a whole new sound system as I understand, been using it for the last week, sound now sounds correct coming through my 7.1 headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

Thanks for the reply, is it easy to down grade.

Never done it myself, I'm just waiting for the next version of TAR's, don't suppose it will take long. It should just be as simple as removing the current install and installing the last version. I'd recommend that you backup your teamspeak identity though, you can export it through Settings->Identities and you can also import it that way.

The backup may not be necessary but I'd back it up in case the removal gets rid of it. Your identity has a unique code that links your permissions on teamspeak servers to yourself, if you create a new one you won't have the permissions you usually have on teamspeak.

Sorry OP, back on topic now: Very nice videos, man CB nearly blew my ear drums :lol: had to knock the volume down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

Ranger, I was wondering how you get the MFD's up on your monitor so that they appear larger. I've looked around on search but all I find is how they can be put on another monitor. Thank you

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

Ranger, I was wondering how you get the MFD's up on your monitor so that they appear larger. I've looked around on search but all I find is how they can be put on another monitor. Thank you

I use two screens for this game, one contains the normal view and the other the mfcd's and Helios. I add the screens during video procesing to the main screen when editing in sony vegas 10.

Sent from my iPhone.

I would like to jump in but my skill level with this mod leaves a lot to be desired. lol

Hey man, im below average to average flying wise. I would open the server w/o pw but did that and had no teamwork at all. Ill be on tonight pm me.

Great vids, and that last one was comedy gold! :megalol: Multiplayer looks like an absolute blast, but I need a lil' more work before I can hang with the big boys. :pilotfly:

CB is good, im below average. Quazm3 has been flying with me the last few nights he rocks as well. We are using ts3 beta36 i believe to utilize tars. Come fly with us, skill or no skill we will have a blast.

I would like to jump in but my skill level with this mod leaves a lot to be desired. lol

If your talking about TAR's then it's not as bad as you may think. If you can use the radios in single player in advanced mode then you won't have a problem. If your flying online with only a few people it's even easier since you don't need to juggle frequency's, just tune your UHF and select the UHF radio using the TAR's hotkey and transmit as you would normally in teamspeak.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger, I gotta say that I can't wait to have the kinda fun you are having with your wingma(e)n, but I won't subject anyone to my lack of skills...yet... Tho I'd like to try out TARS with a fellow newbie.

I am learning slowly from re-reads, and your, and Tyger's(your explanatory button by button exposition is wonderful, but you need to normalize your audio) and excessiveHeadspace's superlative videos.

I have had Fraps since it's inception, and I noticed a folder in A-10 called movies....how the hell did Y'all get such superb video WITHOUT using Fraps during flight or on a .Trk playback.

...I would use the latter to keep up the "movie's" framerate...

Is there another, better frame grabber?

Please advise.

Thanks guys!

Chas

Edited by hesynergy
De-dum-assing

Ranger, I gotta say that I can't wait to have the kinda fun you are having with your wingma(e)n, but I won't subject anyone to my lack of skills...yet... Tho I'd like to try out TARS with a fellow newbie.

I am learning slowly from re-reads, and your, and Tyger's(your explanatory button by button exposition is wonderful, but you need to normalize your audio) and excessiveHeadspace's superlative videos.

I have had Fraps since it's inception, and I noticed a folder in A-10 called movies....how the hell did Y'all get such superb video WITHOUT using Fraps during flight or on a .Trk playback.

...I would use the latter to keep up the "movie's" framerate...

Is there another, better frame grabber?

Please advise.

Thanks guys!

Chas

You can use the in-game AVI Recorder which will render at any FPS you desire. The problem with using this at the moment is it records from a track and as you know the tracks can be buggy. This is why we have the movies folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joining on sunday

Ok, nice vids.

Doing a lot of sp mission and i think im ready to move on to mp.

My tars is up and running but i have some questions:

How do we join, is it just to connect to the server, how do i set up the tars against other pilots?

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Laptop Alienware m17x

Intel Core 2 extreme CPU Q3000 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz

8 GB RAM

2 x NVIDIA 280M

TM HOTAS COUGAR,

24'' Samsung screen,

TIR5

Ok, nice vids.

Doing a lot of sp mission and i think im ready to move on to mp.

My tars is up and running but i have some questions:

How do we join, is it just to connect to the server, how do i set up the tars against other pilots?

Cheers!

Just look for Ranger79 Coop Server, the TS3 IP will be listed in the title of the online game. In game you must be on the same freq as other pilots to talk using tars.

Didnt find you yesterday, but i also live in Sweden so we on different timezone, please dont hesitate to send a pm/post here when you planning your next op.

I have a question about TARS, i have steam installed A-10, do TARS work with STEAM?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Laptop Alienware m17x

Intel Core 2 extreme CPU Q3000 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz

8 GB RAM

2 x NVIDIA 280M

TM HOTAS COUGAR,

24'' Samsung screen,

TIR5

Hey guys, I notice you're using TARS. I've got my own server up and running on localhost, but when I've fired up TARS and TS3 client beta 36, it just says TARS: Not running on me and my buddy?

Do I have to be in the game and correct channel for it to say something different than not running? Can't make it work, unfortunately. :(

Totally awesome videos btw. :D

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW