Infantry as a seperate class

Jona33

You know at the moment you have a class of airplane, ship, ground vehicle etc. I think infantry should be a separate class. So they have a completely different set of formations and different AI. If you set infantry to off-road formation now the gap is massive. If it was an infantry only class then you could have things like the soldiers going into cover if they're under heavy fire or they peek round a corner or stay close to walls and can use weapons like grenades or sidearms. I don't know how big a job this would be but it would still be good.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

the infantry in the background is definitely in a class by himself. LOL

Screen_110508_071805.jpg

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Frosti, I once had the JTAC tell me to target a single dude with a CBU-97 when I had CBU-87's, guns, and rockets onboard as well. It gets pretty bad sometimes. The only way I can imagine it getting any worse is if he started telling me to use mavericks, or an A-10C, but that is just getting silly.

A little of topic, but has anyone ever tried hitting a soldier on the ground with a wingtip? Does it kill him? Does it kill you?

he's got a jet pack on? weird. By the way pyro. When I aim for the sky on Black shark in a vortex ring. I do hit the ground quite painfully.

??, I mean yes, you would, but where is this comment coming from?

Edit: oh, took me a while to realize you were talking about my sig.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

good points. Forgot about snipers. Civilians are useful as well. Also a couple of different commanders without weapons would be good as prisoners.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

lol what for so many different troops if war scale in DCS is mainly against at least UAZ. What difference either soldier is sniper or chief if you very rare could see single soldier in weapon camera\pod? Even when you see them it is unimportant - their details like chief or not, maybe major or colonel uniform... aren't visible from far at all... It is not ARMA.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ