Lock On Gold actually includes 1.1?

After give this issue some more thought, it might be possible that ED is in it too. After all, ED needs to put the game in stores. NP is a good start point; but who knows NP. It might be that sales through NP is not doing as expected, and ED needs an extra push.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC This LockOn:Gold was listed at EB with the 1.1 info BEFORE NP started shipping FC. I remember because I cancelled my NP order to see how the whole thing played out. So if ED is in on it they have been planning this since the beginning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SwingKid in the beta test team should know, and also Stormin should have some connection with ED as well. The fact that these people are not saying anything is either they don't want to come forward or ED is keeping their mouths shut.

Either way, I think ED is doing the right thing because ED is going to get hurt (finacially or in reputation or both) when comming forward. Regardless if ED is in it or not.

I also confirm that it does include 1.1. (i just bought it, woohoo take that direct internet download and 5 dollar shipping&handling fees)

is it 2CD set? could you post here a screenshot of disks content, like Explorer windows screenshot or similar?

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

You could check out the screenshots here on the ubi forum. Its near the middle of the page by Coug68.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/99610606/m/4771042243

Yes, I saw those, but I meant screenshots of disk content, like file and folders.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

you know the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that ED is involved in this. They could have worked out a deal whereby they are allowed to market FC as an add-on for a limited period of time at limited outlets (DL, NP), and then after it's made all the money it can (with max profit margin for ED) in that time frame, it is boxed and sold at a REDUCED price on Major store shelves so that Ubi (the owner of LOMAC in the US) can get its cut.

According to other published rumors...Ubi's deal with ED covered only 1 add-on, but there's no sense if there are going to be TWO add-ons that ubi wouldn't want some of the potential money that could generate. I mean why else own a license? And I doubt ED would turn down the possibility of making some extra $$$ from a North American shelf release.

What sux here is that, if ED is in on it, they have taken a huge dump on their most loyal fans with the higher priced "advance" copies. If they aren't in on it I hope they can defend themselves.

What I hope most of all is that they will get their heads out of their asses and come clean to this community! I swear ,language barrier aside, they have got to get a handle on customer relations or all the eye-candy in the world isn't going to save them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you know the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that ED is involved in this. They could have worked out a deal whereby they are allowed to market FC as an add-on for a limited period of time at limited outlets (DL, NP), and then after it's made all the money it can (with max profit margin for ED) in that time frame, it is boxed and sold at a REDUCED price on Major store shelves so that Ubi (the owner of LOMAC in the US) can get its cut.

According to other published rumors...Ubi's deal with ED covered only 1 add-on, but there's no sense if there are going to be TWO add-ons that ubi wouldn't want some of the potential money that could generate. I mean why else own a license? And I doubt ED would turn down the possibility of making some extra $$$ from a North American shelf release.

What sux here is that, if ED is in on it, they have taken a huge dump on their most loyal fans with the higher priced "advance" copies. If they aren't in on it I hope they can defend themselves.

What I hope most of all is that they will get their heads out of their asses and come clean to this community! I swear ,language barrier aside, they have got to get a handle on customer relations or all the eye-candy in the world isn't going to save them.

Because we all own the game already and price fluctuations will occur overtime. I really don't think there is a conspiracy going on.

If this other company is selling LO:FC to BestBuy to sell, frankly it's non of my concern and chance a good this other company has a deal with ED.

If not, who cares? ED will sue and that will be that.

Thanks,

Brett

when the first questions about this gold release came up, NP had not yet shipped any copies of FC. So if ED was involved with this release at that time (please remember they were on the forums saying this title was NOT 1.1) It was a blatant deception to induce people to buy at a higher price point.

If they had come out back then and said..o yeah that title on EBgames is 1.1, and yeah it's $30, and yes you could just walk into a store and buy it in a few months...do you think very many people would have bought from NP?

but until ED decides to weigh in on this it's all speculation...

from these forums 4/22/05

Guys,

Just so you know. We at NaturalPoint were wondering the same thing about this so called Lock On: Gold. I have notified ED they have told me that this title on EB and New Egg is not valid. Please don't stress over it. If you wan't the official Lock On 1.1 title please visit NaturalPoint.com or the other verified distributors of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs in Europe.

Thanks,

Jason Williams

Marketing Director

NaturalPoint, Inc.

not that they couldn't have lied to NP as well...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does the contents on the NP cd look the same?

No ! the naturalpoint CD I think has all directories etc in them. This one infact looks like a ripoff of the download version.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

touche sherlock ! :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

My downloaded installer was only 280-odd Mb - if they've ripped off the download version then something interesting has happened with installers. Whether they've combined the addon installer, terrain installer, and so forth into one package I don't know . . . . but I'm pretty sure that isn't the straight download installer.

Yet neither does it appear to be the installer from the NaturalPoint CD.

Whatever the hell this is . . . . it's something odd.

It looks like FC is also $30 at NP's site, and I'm going to need another copy of FC for my second machine. Trying to think if I should buy it at EB or order it from NP. If I buy from EB, I will also have a extra copy of the original LockOn as well.

lol yea its so tempting to buy Lock On Gold since i could have another whole new copy since my old one is busted up already. But i want to learn more about this starforce thing for the Gold version before i buy it. Has anyone reinstalled it and do you still need to contact starforce support or do you use the same code they gave you in the e-mail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]