Click- and Customizable Radio Menu for DCS World

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PeterP,

This is a truly great moc! Thanks!

I have TripleHead and always found annoying to have to look sideways to see the radio menu!

Everything is working great except one thing : I could not get the mouse to click on the radio menus, just like Badger and I read again and again the last few posts and it seems as if I really did everything right... (Windows7/64 version for Thead with Administrator rights).

But I get it to work like this : I go to my notification tray and right click on the little green ox with an S on it and turn it on right threre by UNticking suspend hotkeys... But there is no way I can get Win+R to work (we are talking about RIGHT WIN key + R ,right?)

strange (but I can manage it this way...)

any idea?

By the way, does that mean that one has to run the little exe before every DCS session?

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Everything is working great except one thing : I could not get the mouse to click on the radio menus, just like Badger and I read again and again the last few posts and it seems as if I really did everything right... (Windows7/64 version for Thead with Administrator rights).

(...)

any idea?

No not much - tested the file now and come to the conclusion the it must be something with your system.

Unusual Keyboard /language setting/ Win-key used as modifier for another program...

There are endless possibilities what can cause this.

I have attached a version that can be suspended and switched on by [Ctrl+R].

Please test and report back if this is working for you.

And if [Crtl-R] isn't suitable for you - please tell me which Hotkey you need . Make sure that it doesn't conflict with any other program.

By the way, does that mean that one has to run the little exe before every DCS session?

Yes You have to start it before DCS.

- I have added the script to my Windows Start-up folder - so the script is loaded each time I boot my PC and I don't have to worry at all .

C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Edited by PeterP

Hi PeterP

Thanks for taking the time to help like that!

Unfortunately, this key combo does not work either...

I still can right-click on the symbol in the tray and make it alive like this...

But the key combo doesnt work...

Just for the sake of it, I made my Keyboard work in US English mode and it is not better...

I normally use the Canadian French layout...

This is weird..

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try starting the little green box with admin rights .

Right click on the box , and click allow ..... works ok for me ..... hope this works for you . Something wrong with dem French/Canadians ..... maybe the keyboard is as confused as they are :music_whistling:

Edited by badger66

Thanks Badger

After reading your posts, that is one thing I didnt forget...

No, that didnt do it.

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And Badger, by the way, what is so mixed up about French Canadians?

Please, give us a visit and you will like it here, I am sure!

:D

(And I did try to activate the app with a US configured Keyboard and it didnt work either).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And Badger, by the way, what is so mixed up about French Canadians?

Please, give us a visit and you will like it here, I am sure!

:D

(And I did try to activate the app with a US configured Keyboard and it didnt work either).

Nothing , Im just pulling your leg mate !!! :thumbup:

Does someone know where to change the instructions-position-window at beginning of mission and the VMU warning annoucment messages?

Is this possible at all?

Regards

Terrorvogel

DCS_World_Messages_1.thumb.png.a6ae078bc1699d121dcfd4002d1c17ce.png

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to start this with a batch file and then DCS World?

I tried the following in DCWorld.cmd but it loads AHK and then does nothing else (I guess it's waiting for the AHK to close before loading DCS)

"D:\Games\DCS World2\Clickable RadioMenu for DCS World 1.2.0 x64 Normal.exe"

"D:\Games\DCS World2\bin\Launcher.exe"

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I have just recently begun playing DCS with triple monitors and a centre touch screen, which runs Helios and Cpt Loz's profile.

I just wanted to say Thank You for your work here in moving the comms menus via the Lua files. I have spent the last 3 hrs tinkering using Hokie's profile that you made for him and I just added some extra res for my 3 screens.

Both the UHF/Title Font, F1-12 Comms Menu and the corner Player Radio subtitles work perfectly.

Thank You.

commsmenuthanks.png

Helios won't show up in my fraps screen shot here, but it was running and it fits the blank space under the engine dials Loz made for just this reason.

Edited by Deigs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

Hi PeterP,

I'm having some problems with the menus, not all of which may be related to this mod but it seemed sensible to ask here first anyway.

Firstly, I can't seem to click on the menus although they work with the F keys. I did try pressing Win+R (both whilst in BS2 and on the desktop after alt-tabbing out) but it didn't make any difference. What's the reason behind having to press Win+R anyway, as it would seem that when users load the script they'd want it to run wouldn't they?

The other problem was that despite being at Sochi and this being highlighted in the menus, I couldn't get any response from them and eventually found I had to talk to the next airfield down, which was weird as I was no-where near there. This was with the DRAGONS_Training missions if that makes any difference.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Firstly, I can't seem to click on the menus although they work with the F keys. I did try pressing Win+R (both whilst in BS2 and on the desktop after alt-tabbing out) but it didn't make any difference.
1.check that you copied the right files and the appearance of the radio-menu has changed and use it with the appropriate script.

2.check that you are running the right script . There is a 32bit and a 64bit exe.

3.run it as administrator

3.Use the right mouse button.

What's the reason behind having to press Win+R anyway, as it would seem that when users load the script they'd want it to run wouldn't they?

It's a Autohotkey script and changes the behaviour of the right mouse button in areas of your desktop.

This is not always helpful - and can cause trouble.

This ensures that you have always full control.

I for instance have this script in my start-up folder and load it at every start of windows. - so I don't have to start various scripts manually before running a simulation.

The other problem was that despite being at Sochi and this being highlighted in the menus, I couldn't get any response from them and eventually found I had to talk to the next airfield down, which was weird as I was no-where near there. This was with the DRAGONS_Training missions if that makes any difference.

Not caused by this mod.
Edited by PeterP

1.check that you copied the right files and the appearance of the radio-menu has changed and use it with the appropriate script.

2.check that you are running the right script . There is a 32bit and a 64bit exe.

3.run it as administrator

3.Use the right mouse button.

I think I did all that except "run as administrator" but I've got UAC disabled and my account is Administrator so that's not normally necessary. I'll try it anyway.

It's a Autohotkey script and changes the behaviour of the right mouse button in areas of your desktop.

This is not always helpful - and can cause trouble.

This ensures that you have always full control.

I for instance have this script in my start-up folder and load it at every start of windows. - so I don't have to start various scripts manually before running a simulation.

Makes sense.

Not caused by this mod.

I thought it probably wasn't. I'll try re-saving the mission in the editor as I know sometimes that can fix problems with older missions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PeterP,

Any chance of getting this great mod to work in 1.2.1?

Cheers

AUSSIEM8_SIG.jpg

Windows 7 x64, i7-3770k OC 4.4GHz with Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler ,ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro Gen 3

G.Skill Ripjaws 16gig DDR3,, Gigabyte HD7970 GHz Egition 3GB, HOTAS

Warthog,Saitek Combat Pedals and TrackIr 5

Using Deadman's Covers and Metalnwood's extension.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was wondering about the same thing myself!

And is it true that you would have to do a new version of the mod for each new update?

That is too bad, because (as a TripleHeadtoGO user, your mod is really great for me!)

thanks

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was wondering about the same thing myself!

And is it true that you would have to do a new version of the mod for each new update?

That is too bad, because (as a TripleHeadtoGO user, your mod is really great for me!)

thanks

JEFX

Me too. This is a great mod and it it a pain without it.!!

Hi all,

Has anyone heard from PeterP about maybe getting this to work in 1.2.1?

cheers

AUSSIEM8_SIG.jpg

Windows 7 x64, i7-3770k OC 4.4GHz with Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler ,ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro Gen 3

G.Skill Ripjaws 16gig DDR3,, Gigabyte HD7970 GHz Egition 3GB, HOTAS

Warthog,Saitek Combat Pedals and TrackIr 5

Using Deadman's Covers and Metalnwood's extension.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tom ,

How about editing the GUI placement in the meantime?

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84270

...and BTW:

There is no big problem to make it click-able again when investing a little time to look in the "3. Custom" version and only concentrate how the AHK script is working .

So you should quickly realise that you only need a matching AHK script .

Just Edit it to match the position of the new 1.2.1 radio-selection, so it is click-able again.

-anyway-

I will have a look at it at next weekend how to make it compatible with 1.2.1 again - as long my free time allows it.

Edited by PeterP