Printed manual progress  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Printed manual progress

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what paper are you using?

I have 80g per M2 and i hope you will use a little thicker paper perhaps.

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

For a permanent manual like this I use 120g laser gloss.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey guys, whats the latest on this? I was about to order a b/w copy from mimeo and the instant estimate for $20 bucks grew to just under $60. Is this what others have paid or is this a little pricey? I've attached a copy of the NOT YET PURCHASED invoice with what I would order. I put it in a 3" D-ring binder with the front cover in color and 11 card stock tabs for different sections.

1771983255_MimeoManual.thumb.jpg.15f6ee7f90d62b787fba23ce81655ce2.jpg

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

Any updates regarding a date for a printed manual? I do like the A5 size and split into two manuals.

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

Hi outlaw, Work is coming along nicely at the moment. ED have kindly given me the editable versions of the manuals - so I'm now converting them over to A5 size.

So the result is a much better fitting manual (the ones I printed were just scaled to A5 size (Had big borders top and bottom)).

Also I have sourced a supplier for A5 Binders that are thick enough to fit the complete manual and Menu editor Manual into 1 binder.

Hopefully I should be good to start printing soon.

Hi outlaw, Work is coming along nicely at the moment. ED have kindly given me the editable versions of the manuals - so I'm now converting them over to A5 size.

So the result is a much better fitting manual (the ones I printed were just scaled to A5 size (Had big borders top and bottom)).

Also I have sourced a supplier for A5 Binders that are thick enough to fit the complete manual and Menu editor Manual into 1 binder.

Hopefully I should be good to start printing soon.

Sounds awesome! Are you going to split them up into two binders or keep it to just one? Also any idea for a cost shipped to CA?

Sounds awesome! Are you going to split them up into two binders or keep it to just one? Also any idea for a cost shipped to CA?

Will be in 1 Binder now - trying to make this as close to the Binder that was available for Falcon 4 when it was released (one of the best Flight Manuals I've ever seen).

Haven't got a price yet for delivery worldwide finalized, but 'An Post' (local Post) were charging me almost 25euro to deliver it registered to America/Canada (weight is close to 1.3KG).

Have yet to get quotes for couriers so may be cheaper. :thumbup:

• ED Team

good to hear its moving along, will be interested in the price to the UK mainland when you are ready :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Will be in 1 Binder now - trying to make this as close to the Binder that was available for Falcon 4 when it was released (one of the best Flight Manuals I've ever seen).

ONE of the best? Which was better? I'll admit I don't own all sims but of the ones I do Falcon 4.0 was best by far, it's still on my shelf. In fact there's alot of good info that may help with the A-10, certainly alot of things that people seem to have trouble understanding are explained more clearly in that manual. IIRC there's also alot on missle avoidance etc. I still have the reflex to beam a missle!

(No dig at DCS, this sim is much more compicated so no room in manual for explanation, strategy etc. as there was in F4.)

You can count me in for an order. Just keep it mind it's probably a good idea to set a minimum number of people and order in bulk. For example, ordering via Staples, it is something like $60 per copy if you order them individually, whereas if you were to order 20 of them it only costs $25 per copy.

EDIT: Mimeo specifically has a %50 discount for your first order, so that might be great for individuals to order via as well, considering that most people probably have never ordered from them before. Still might be cheaper just to order in bulk though, who knows.

Edited by Striker121
New info

When you finish converting the manual and start taking bulk orders, I'd recommend you set up a Kickstarter or something. That way you can simply set a minimum "donation" amount of $20, simply an example, to receive a copy of the manual and at the same time set a minimum order size by setting a money goal. That way you solve all the issues of minimum order sizes and getting money together.

You can count me in for an order. Just keep it mind it's probably a good idea to set a minimum number of people and order in bulk. For example, ordering via Staples, it is something like $60 per copy if you order them individually, whereas if you were to order 20 of them it only costs $25 per copy.

EDIT: Mimeo specifically has a %50 discount for your first order, so that might be great for individuals to order via as well, considering that most people probably have never ordered from them before. Still might be cheaper just to order in bulk though, who knows.

Thanks Mate, Looked into all the online prints initially - but found them all to be to expensive once you went the Full Colour option.

Much cheaper to buy the Ink and print myself :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: I have secured a small order to have the Binders custom made and printed.

While to get this done normally requires a minimum order of 2000 units, but I have managed to find one that will do me a small print run (Putting in as a test run) of 200 units.

Only snag is I have to get them posted by Sea Freight due to cost so they will take a while to arrive.

The end cost will be slightly dearer than the plain presentation binders I previously showed.

But I think you'll agree the difference will be well worth it.

Once I receive them, I'll post a new thread to take names of those interested.

I'm reckoning final cost will be between 50euro and 65euro depending of location for shipping.

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Hi Guys have an update:

Just received these pics from the printers - all printed and ready to ship by freight.

They look Outstanding and exactly what I hoped for - just like the falcon4 binder

(Pretty mush the same size too being A5 Format.)

Once I have them I will be ready to go :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

fullcover.jpg

insidecover.jpg

frontcover.jpg

backcover.jpg

Stay Tunned. :joystick:

• Like 1