No Cockpit textures

Pete

Hi,

I have the annoying problem that there are no cockpit textures. MFCD and HUD symbols are there, even the buttons can be pressed(although i can't see them) Also some textures of the vehicles are missing, e.g. no tires etc...

Also my wingman is invisible, the only thing you can see are the weapons and the canopy.

See here:

glitch.jpg

The Sim works fine even in high settings(although everything is a bit blurry but i think thats because of the 32bit version...)

I already tried the bcdedit command, but it didn't work, als deinstall and reinstall...

I also have Black Shark and it worked fine, so I'm litte confused now.. I'd love to fly the Hog.. :-(

using Warthog Version 1.1.0.9 german boxed release

Win Vista 32bit Ultimate

Core2Duo E6600 @2,4GHz

2GB RAM

PowerColor Radeon x1950Pro 1024MB RAM

That the first time i've seen that. If you run a very simple mission with all graphics setting on low, does it still appear the same?

Also I note you RAM is below the minimum spec required for DCS which would be 3gb at the very least.

Although I strongly suspect your lack of RAM to be the problem you probably can get the sim to work with very reduced graphics settings. Also try the 3gb tweak in my sig, it will apply to your system even though it only has 2GB.

DCS really likes to use a 64bit OS and at least 4gb to run optimally, but it can work with less if you compromise a bit on the graphics quality.

EDIT:- Apologies, I just noticed you tried the 3gb tweak already.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Is it occurring deeper in the mission? I had this problem too, usually when I played for some time things started to disappear, first the vehicles, wings of f-15's, then my panels where black, etc. Lower settings helped, but it would simply occur later. Now I installed a 64bit OS, and I can allocate all RAM resources my mediocre Mac has. I seriously gained 10 FPS. I now have two digit FPS on ground. W00t! Seriously, try 64 bit, you won't regret the hustle.

cheers Jap

Thx for your replies:

That the first time i've seen that. If you run a very simple mission with all graphics setting on low, does it still appear the same?

Yes, the option settings have no effect on the failure, but of course the sim looks better with higher settings..the strange thing is the sim works with mediocre settings smooth and without problems except for the missing cockpit...

Is it occurring deeper in the mission? I had this problem too, usually when I played for some time things started to disappear, first the vehicles, wings of f-15's, then my panels where black, etc. Lower settings helped, but it would simply occur later.

No, starts right at the beginning.

It is really possible that only due to the lack of RAM only the cockpit textures are missing? Wouldn't the game rather stutters all over the place and screw all other things up? As I said before the Sim runs smoothly...

It is really possible that only due to the lack of RAM only the cockpit textures are missing? Wouldn't the game rather stutters all over the place and screw all other things up? As I said before the Sim runs smoothly...

The other possibility may be the x1950Pro. If I remember correctly the AGP version of this specific card gave many users a lot of trouble.

Nate

So upgraded today to 4GB system RAM...problem persists..

So it's definitely the X1950pro...fu*** ati... :(

Before shelling out for a new card - you could do a test install of Win7 64bit on a separate partition.

It will take a bit of time and most likely yield the same results, but it could save you money if it somehow works.

I still think it is your Graphics card though.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...
well, i deinstalled the game and **** it...i'll never buy anything from ed again...

too bad that i loved playing black shark but this a-10c crap is unacceptable...

Incredible.

Your system specs fall well short of the recommended specs and now it's DCS's fault?

OK - Gotcha :thumbup:

Good luck with your future endeavours.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 1 year later...

using Warthog Version 1.1.0.9 german boxed release

Win Vista 32bit Ultimate

Core2Duo E6600 @2,4GHz

2GB RAM

PowerColor Radeon x1950Pro 1024MB RAM

Try downloading the latest version of DCS world, and the latest version module of DCS A-10c.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

• 3 weeks later...