America's Armor Sim News

DetroitDieseL

is it just me, or does everybody get a 403, when trying to load the page?

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Page are you trying to enter. It may be your IP has been landed on the Ban list because it is linked to spam commenters.

it's not a specific page, every page gives me a 403.

Give me your IP and I can check it out.

I send you a pm.

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

• 2 weeks later...

I have released a new video showing the newest additions to the Abrams and which will be used on all the other tanks. Granted, there will need to be slight changes here and there for each tank, but this is basically the base programming.

http://www.americasarmor.com/OpOrd.html

Or on youtube:

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

wow looking good!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill 
" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690 MPG DDR4 || i9-14900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4080S|Game1300w|Win11| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2||MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Asus||

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that is following this, I haven't stopped working. I have been busy with work, as well as building my home.

I have been working on the FCS, specifically all the details involving the LRF and all its functions. As well as hit detection and different areas of damage that the tanks can take. I will be testing damage models for individual hits, for near misses. Meaning that if your tank takes a hit and is not destroyed, there will be a mark on the tank where the round hit. There is obviously some development and testing that will need to happen to make this work, so it may be an ongoing project to be tweaked over time.

I want to give the Tankers the feeling that I felt while being in the gunner’s seat. As I did when I had the chance to try SB, I actually felt that feeling in my gut when I would be engaging targets all over hell whipping the turret around. That to me is full immersion at its best. I commend SB for that.

I have also been testing the graphical limits, meaning the amount of trees and grass and static meshes. This will also be important to the size of the maps. Obviously the worlds will not be as large as other simulators, but I hope to make that up in detail and immersion.

If you guys have any questions, you know where to find us: http://www.americasarmor.com smile!.gif

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I have released a video that showcases some of the physics and the animation of the gun tube a bit better, using a static camera other than the players 3rd person camera.

You can watch it here: http://www.americasarmor.com/OpOrd.html AARM DEV Video 6.5

Or on YouTube:

Or if you liked the AARM Facebook page you will get it automatically: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Americas-Armor/261363090578452 ...;)

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

• 2 months later...

From what I have been reading, the DCS CA is just being able to control the existing ground units...correct?

AARM is focused strictly to the ground units. In time if there is an engine that will allow me to stay focused on the ground units and also implement a flight sim I will do so.

The big challenge is being able to have detailed 3D models of the ground units and the aircraft with a huge detailed world to do combat in.

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

From what I have been reading, the DCS CA is just being able to control the existing ground units...correct?

AARM is focused strictly to the ground units. In time if there is an engine that will allow me to stay focused on the ground units and also implement a flight sim I will do so.

The big challenge is being able to have detailed 3D models of the ground units and the aircraft with a huge detailed world to do combat in.

Are you thinking of AI controled aircrafts? Because there sure are aircrafts all over DCS ;)

Are you thinking of AI controled aircrafts? Because there sure are aircrafts all over DCS ;)

aircraft, dammit!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Are you thinking of AI controled aircraft? Because there sure are aircrafts all over DCS ;)

Yes there will be AI controlled aircraft as the world will not be big enough to hold a realistic mission for aircraft.

I will not add human controlled aircraft to this sim unless I have a world/engine that can handle taking off from an airbase miles away and flying to the target area or intercept another aircraft realistically without flying in circles constantly to stay in the map area....

EDIT:::

When I say AI aircraft, I mean support aircraft for airstrikes or support from gunships. Not Head to head fighters.

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

Yes there will be AI controlled aircraft as the world will not be big enough to hold a realistic mission for aircraft.

I will not add human controlled aircraft to this sim unless I have a world/engine that can handle taking off from an airbase miles away and flying to the target area or intercept another aircraft realistically without flying in circles constantly to stay in the map area....

EDIT:::

When I say AI aircraft, I mean support aircraft for airstrikes or support from gunships. Not Head to head fighters.

Hmm, DCS World has quite a large map, why not move your brilliant work to this SIM?

(HJ)

Hmm, DCS World has quite a large map, why not move your brilliant work to this SIM?

(HJ)

Don't get me wrong, I love DCS. But as the world is huge, the detail of the world is greatly decreased to handle it as the world in SB is.

I would sacrifice world space for world detail to make the immersion of the gameplay better.

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I would sacrifice world space for world detail to make the immersion of the gameplay better.

Well, the possibility to do a small high quality terrain is certainly there in DCS. From my POV, it would spare you a lot of "having to invent the wheel twice" stuff, but i am of course not familiar with the intricacies.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Fair enough, seems to me that said goals would be easier to achieve using the framework that ED has laid out, but then i know precious little. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!