America's Armor Sim News

DetroitDieseL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really impressing, it s a huge load of work.. respect for the passion..

are any 3d models needed? some german style houses or else?

cheers

Jan

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

really impressing, it s a huge load of work.. respect for the passion..

are any 3d models needed? some german style houses or else?

As much as I would like to accept assets from outsiders, I can't. Only MC3D employees can work on this project. Although if you live in germany we would love to have a local give us feedback on the setup of everything like towns and other objects that will be placed in the level so it has an authentic look. Looking at pictures can only get us so far, we want to capture the feeling on the cold mornings with fog and feel the chill in the air and on armor..:)

good work

Thanks SD..:)

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a slight issue with garbage piling up in the form of .50 CAL slugs. They were not being destroyed if they never hit anything and would just fly out of the map and once the velocity fell off they would just drop forever.

Now, once any rounds of any kind fly out of the map area they are destroyed to keep the gameplay optimized.

50Cal_Testing.thumb.png.c03bff21cddfec78a26dba0974abbe5c.png

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I have implemented the "Power" on/off system. I will now tie all assets into it.

The main power will need to be toggled to the on position before any systems will power up. Including the LRF and the TIS and the GPS. You will be able to look through the GPS, but no elements will be visible. The TIS will be black, even if the doghouse doors are open.

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

You'd like that eh?....lol

How bout we do gunnery at Hood then come to Grafenwoer, then the railhead to Hohenfels??

Been there done that,, 2AD 502nd MP CO. 87-94; 98-99.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Been there done that,, 2AD 502nd MP CO. 87-94; 98-99.

Hey! I was 2AD, 1/3rd AVN '90-'91. In '91 we moved to Ft. Campbell and got re-designated 2/101st AVN.

But since I went to Desert Storm with 2AD, Igot a nifty HoW patch on my right shoulder....well, the uniform is in the closet now...but it's there!

Hey! I was 2AD, 1/3rd AVN '90-'91. In '91 we moved to Ft. Campbell and got re-designated 2/101st AVN.

But since I went to Desert Storm with 2AD, Igot a nifty HoW patch on my right shoulder....well, the uniform is in the closet now...but it's there!

awe I remember you guys, on the east side in those condo style barracks must of been nice..:thumbup: I still have my Ft. Hood map lol. and the NTC map as well.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

you guys do know they reactivated 2AD right?

Awesome A16.

I was 2ndAD 1/67 AR REG. But deactivated and became part of 4thID...I never took my patch off..:)

I was there when that happened and nice barracks you guys remodeled back then too. turned them into apartments.:thumbup:

Actually, no, I didn't know that. It's nice, but I kind of liked the fact that nobody would get any more 2AD combat patches. :P

just for Afghanistan.. :thumbup:

and its the FOB guys from Germany I believe that went.

here's a tribute for dessert storm.

http://80.64.59.151/video/operations-and-strategy/persian-gulf-war/2ad-fwd-desert-storm-tribute/1268689660001/

Edited by Mastiff

I didn't know they reactivated 2AD either.

Mastiff was in one of the last run down barracks...:|

I had these sandbags in my window...like they had in the movie "Taps"..LOL

yea I was in the ones next to the Canteen store where the Tiger tank was on the corner.

Also the parade field on battalion rd. behind Patton's inn or bar..

remember these old cars lol..

Edited by Mastiff