Graphic settings suggestions for Nvidia please?

Jimmytime

While installing, I noticed the graphics detail looks much higher than mine on the screen shots. Could anyone give me some recommendations as to how to set the Nvidia control panel settings and settings within the game? I think my PC has enough power to handle high detail and I'm afraid I am missing out on some eye candy. My system is listed in the signature line below.

OS: Windows 10 64bit / MB: MSI Gamers Edge /CPU:Intel CORE I5 9600K @ 4.5 GHz/ RAM: 32 GB / Gfx: Geforce 980 GTX TI x2 in SLI /Drives:1 970 NVMe & 2x SSD RAID 0 /Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog/ TrackIR 5/Saitek Rudder

Just max the options inside the game and select an HDR option to suit you. Then drop water and/or scenes to find your liking.

There are also some mods in the mod section that can impact the looks, though as far as I know the screens there are taken purely on graphics set inside the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

i was wondering that too.... i maxed everything out, and I'm still seeing SS that are not consistent with what I'm seeing... :(

If they are external SS's, then the viewing distance is greater. External SS's can be misleading sometimes, once you go into the cockpit, you see half of what was available in external view.

You can edit your High.lua file though to help with that.

It would depend on the source of the screenies. I run a modded terrain and high.lua so my screen shots do not match out of the box max settings.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can use you own Anti aliasing settings. MultiSampleX16Q is the highest it will go in the options menu, and that aint good enough for me.

I still see shimmering and even close up objects aren't as sharp as they could be.

So I turn it off in the options menu and substitute my own. I'm using Mixed SampleX16 and it looks like a picture. Your frame rate will tank so its dependent on your preference and hardware weather its still within playable parameters or not

This is Mixed sample X16 Aniscoptic filter X16 everything on high with Mustangs High.lua and ground texture mods HDR is off

Screen_111115_122517.jpg

Edited by galagamo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Nvidia Control Panel

Anisotropic Filtering set to 16

Anti aliasing seting set to application controlled and enable it ingame.

Anti aliasing Transparency set to multisample

Texture filtering NEgative LOD bias to Clamp

Texture filtering quality set to high quality

Tripple Buffering On

and there you go, best graphics settings.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The really important settings in nVidia Control Panel are as follows (everything else is just fluff):

Max PreRenderedFrames = 1 (0 screws things up, 3 is useless)

MultiDisplayMixedGpuAccel = Single Display Performance Mode

SLIRenderingMode = Single GPU

Threaded Optimization = On ( I know the debate.. but trust me, it gives me 5fps)

TripleBuffering = on

VertSync = on

But really, it's a matter of what your preference is between performance and quality. I personally shoot for quality, as my rig is pretty stout.

Check this page out. It will explain what each of the nVidia settings do so you can set them to your personal preference.

Be sure to try changing your "Digital Vibrance" setting. I've found that it makes the terraign look a lot better.

My personal settings:

nVidiaSettings2012.png

Edited by StrongHarm
  • Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

The really important settings in nVidia Control Panel are as follows (everything else is just fluff):

Max PreRenderedFrames = 1 (0 screws things up, 3 is useless)

MultiDisplayMixedGpuAccel = Single Display Performance Mode

SLIRenderingMode = Single GPU

Threaded Optimization = On ( I know the debate.. but trust me, it gives me 5fps)

TripleBuffering = on

VertSync = on

But really, it's a matter of what your preference is between performance and quality. I personally shoot for quality, as my rig is pretty stout.

Check this page out. It will explain what each of the nVidia settings do so you can set them to your personal preference.

Be sure to try changing your "Digital Vibrance" setting. I've found that it makes the terraign look a lot better.

My personal settings:

nVidiaSettings2012.png

this is awesome. I thought I had a good running setup until I put these to the test...wow..much better!!

Thanks!

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

So, what do the above mentioned options do?

Do they lead to good graphics? Or may I get some performance increase, too??

There's no way of avoiding your own experimentation. As an earlier poster said - put everything as high as it goes and work down from there. No two systems can be expected to perform the same with the same settings. Far too many variables.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.