Outstanding Major Bugs in FC2

Nate--IRL--

I recall something about there being situations where EOS needs ranging information from radar, though it's a bit foggy. So long since I used russian fighters.

I thought Russian EOS use laser for range finding, obviously this is limited in range, using radar would be an ideal solution for longer ranges but surely at the pilots disgression. What is talked about here has been brought up earlier in this thread and seems to be a bug with random occurence no matter what the range.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, that's like saying the F-15's SNIFF mode should come up 'at pilot's discression' ... among other things. There are some simplifications we all just have to live with.

If it's just a random bug though then it should definitely get squished.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You know, that's like saying the F-15's SNIFF mode should come up 'at pilot's discression' ... among other things. There are some simplifications we all just have to live with.

If it's just a random bug though then it should definitely get squished.

No, I think you've read me wrong, can't for the life of me think why.

I think the pilot having the radar on or off is pilot disgression.

EOS and radar are two independent systems. It's more like saying the heater in your car should come on when you eat an ice lolly.

I'm sure you'd find it a pain in the ass if your radar switched itself off in the middle of an Aim-7 launch, well it's a pita when your radar turns itself on when your in the middle of an EOS track. A bug and a simple one.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Two systems which the devs tied together - the radar passes tracking onto the EOS when it loses track, and sometimes, vice versa (for one, I would not be surprised if he did something like say, pull the target past 15 degrees under the nose, and it switched to radar). The problem is that you have a mix of intended behavior (whether you like that behavior or not, which is another matter) and a bug (ie. the transfer is intended, but the radar marker should come up to let you know).

It's not as if I don't believe bugs are out there, but some can be hard to diagnose. Especially the intermittent stuff.

No, I think you've read me wrong, can't for the life of me think why.

I think the pilot having the radar on or off is pilot disgression.

EOS and radar are two independent systems. It's more like saying the heater in your car should come on when you eat an ice lolly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Two systems which the devs tied together - the radar passes tracking onto the EOS when it loses track, and sometimes, vice versa (for one, I would not be surprised if he did something like say, pull the target past 15 degrees under the nose, and it switched to radar). The problem is that you have a mix of intended behavior (whether you like that behavior or not, which is another matter) and a bug (ie. the transfer is intended, but the radar marker should come up to let you know).

It's not as if I don't believe bugs are out there, but some can be hard to diagnose. Especially the intermittent stuff.

The full gimbal spike or lose eos track spike (auto radar on) is well known and accepted as part of FC since days of old.

But it would seem that for some reason a spike is occuring for no apparent reason immediately in time with an eos lock. The parameters for such occurence are random, you could be right behind the guy or 20kms away it makes no difference. Like you say the bug could be no marker or the spike itself could be the bug, but what is fact is that this doesn't appear after a duration it happens immediately with the eos lock.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can you agree that in FC2 it is in fact a bug though. If you start Su-25 campaign, play mission one. You'll see that ATC and some radio traffic is Russian, but then you'll get scripted radio calls (near target area) that come across in English. It should at least be one or the other, and not both.

If it's not going to get attention for FC3, can you at least answer my question from back in May, "Is there a mod to convert it all to Russian?".

Thanks.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Can you agree that in FC2 it is in fact a bug though. If you start Su-25 campaign, play mission one. You'll see that ATC and some radio traffic is Russian, but then you'll get scripted radio calls (near target area) that come across in English. It should at least be one or the other, and not both.

If it's not going to get attention for FC3, can you at least answer my question from back in May, "Is there a mod to convert it all to Russian?".

Thanks.

Note there are 2 systems at play here. One is the Radio AI used in the game world, this will be English in FC3 I'm told. The second is voice acting implemented by the mission designer, and is purely up to them (note most missions are made by 3rd parties for inclusion in releases, usually by the testers).

I agree some consistency would be good. As for a mod to convert it all to Russian - I doubt it, unless the mission designer has hired some new voice actors.

Nate

Please fix the incorrect F15 HUD symbology and DME reference for the ILS. (and the AOA v IAS :)

In the actual F15 the Steering cross is used to fly an ILS. As soon as ILS is selected the Steering cross becomes referenced to the ILS. To track the localiser and glide slope the pilot flies the Velocity vector to the steering cross then tracks it with the velocity vector.

F15ILS.jpg

To fix it what should happen is:

FC2 pilot selects ILS mode

Steering cross changes refrence from NAV Waypoint to ILS.

Gun cross is removed from the HUD display as well.

HSI CDI bar should become ILS localiser referenced as well. (at present it remains waypoint course referenced).

DME refrence should be the Rwy Approach threshold. Should sequence to this when ILS mode comes up or is selected.

Source F15 Flight Manual

Sombody who buy FC3 (or tested already), please tell if this have been fixed.

I also am very interested in if there is done many bug fixes, or a few maybe, or just some?:huh::music_whistling:

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Much like the thread for Black Shark http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78104

I have been away from FC2 for quite some time so I'm not up to speed on the Issues still affecting it.

I would like to at least try to make sure the most heinous of bugs are looked at for FC3. NOTE:- THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL BE FIXED. I will log them and ED will decide the priority.

If you are aware of a major issue that needs to be looked please list it here in this thread.

When making a post please try to be as clear as possible with the Description (Pictures and tracks help!) I have to be able to recreate the problem myself from your Directions.

Please let us try to keep random discussion to a minimum I'd like the thread to be as concise as possible. Oh and feature requests are to go in the wish list thread, they don't belong here.

Nate

It looks to me FC2 had its day, and few hang out here for discussion/troubleshooting.

The attention span of the more intelligent people seem to always be moving forward doing the next technological improvement. Last year it was DCS Warthog. This year it is DCS World and soon to be FC3.

About 10 posts in the last 100 days as to "Bugs and Problems" issues is a bit lean.

Sombody who buy FC3 (or tested already), please tell if this have been fixed.

I also am very interested in if there is done many bug fixes, or a few maybe, or just some?:huh::music_whistling:

Or go buy the VRS Superbug if you want realism. It runs in FSX.

There is real and then there is simulated real. And no way is the various PC setups going to be like flying the real thing.

Thanks.

I think the Russian guys should give us a discount on buying the Rosetta Stone learning Russian tutorial. The full pack set is $500 to Best Buy for Spanish.

The guy in the F-16 out of Italy, shot down in Bosnia, on Larry King, said he saw the missile coming but was not allowed to eject until after he he was hit.

Well, if that feature exists in game, other than looking at the F10 or F6 view, I have not noticed a missile coming at me be it SAM or A2A in FC2. I am getting a bit better at avoiding them. I really do not think it is fair, the AI know where I am and where I am going to be as to the programming algorithms rapidly doing the math on a high end server. It is quite a trick outsmarting a PC.

I guess dead is dead when I get hit and cannot eject.

I have made parts for ejection seats and I know that ejection seats work totally independent on its own. The quality control standards were second to none. We supplied parts for Bendix who sub-contracted to the USA Air Force. We never saw the whole assembly, we just built parts of it. I think part of that was because of the security involved and partly due to giving qualified jobbing shops the work.

From accounts I have read about ejections, just because you got out does not mean you do not get damaged on the way out or on the way down due to mishaps. I creamed my back at age 40. At about that time in a guy's life the cushioning between discs in a guy's back starts to deteriorate due to aging. I wonder how many pilots suffer back and neck injury just due to the fact of the abrupt, high-G rocket takeoff? How many military pilots are still flying at age 40 or more?

At an air show to Point Mugu Naval Air Station in 1974 I saw a F-4 come in off the water inland over the spectators and fast but not supersonic, he was so low, he could have caught fish.

Dead plane - must be a dead and can`t continue fight. That plane can be only flaming parts in the sky. So many times we kill someone and killed player still firing missiles with regulary lock or randomly (to all directions fan - form ground to the moon);

Damaged plane - hard damage, priority for pilot in that plane is EJECT with words:"Thanks God, I`m a live" or if plane have ''small'' damage is RTB (escape from battle zone) - no way to continue fight;

Building kills - are so frustrating and unfair;

TO LONG Low level flights - I'm sick of these players. In RL that pilot after low pass in somewhere dangerous area will be in prison. We can imagine what army will do with some pilot who flying extremly low (below 20m or 200m ...however) every flight. This is the most ridiculous part of LOFC;

HOJ - we are warnerd if someone shot on us at HOJ. (RUS vs RUS and F15c vs F15c);

Edited by ErichVon
fishing