Outstanding Major Bugs in FC2

Nate--IRL--

What model of MiG-29????? I already do this and i will any time, MiG-29s (MиГ-29С) and the last version of MiG-29a have capability of tracking four and shooting on two targets simultaneously, give me one link (even Wikipedia link) who are saying different or one book or any good info or just do not post **** like that.

You could present some evidence too........ Alfa knows his stuff about Migs.

Nate

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could present some evidence too........ Alfa knows his stuff about Migs.

Nate

What is his evidence did not see any, and if you read forum you could find disc. between GGTaros and me about same stuff.

... Fulcrum A: MiG-29SD (Variant 4, Product 9-12S) with "fatback" modification to the basic "A" model incorporating avionics modules for the Gardenyia-1 system. Total internal fuel continues to be 7384 lbs. (3200 kg, 1136 US Gal, or 4300 liters) which includes a 2610 lbs. (1184 kg, 402 US Gal, or 1520 liter) Centerline tank while most of the Variant 3 fleet have been made capable of 2 x 1130 liter Tanks (3949 lbs, 1792 kg, or 608 US Gal) external wing tanks. It has been rumored that this mod for the Variant 4 actually started the 20 US gallon more internal fuel argument due to the redesign of the number one fuel cell and reduced gun ammo from 150 to 120 rounds. This variant continues with the same basic NO-193A weapon system with minor improvements that included an improved new sighting system (IRST) combined with a better imbedded training system that allows for IR and radar target simulation. More built-in-test (BIT) functions, especially for the radar, was included in the EKRAN to reduce dependence on ground support equipment.

Fulcrum A: MiG-29S (Variant 5, Product 9-12S) that continued with production "fat-back" fuselage, small internal fuel increase of 20 US Gal. (76 liters) to 4376 liters (7514 lbs, 3408 kg, or 1156 US Gal) and provisions for two 1150 liter (304 US Gal or 1975 lbs) wing tanks. Total max fuel capacity of 8196 liters (2165 US Gal or 14,074 lbs) with centerline tank included. Possible 4,000 kg. (8,020 lbs.) of stores. Max Takeoff Weight increased to 19,700 kg. (43,340 lbs.). Published max range of 1,565 nm (2862 km). Configured with the improved N-019M "Slot Back" Radar capable of ten TWS target files with two simultaneous engagement tracks the AVV-AE (R-77) "Adder" missile. The first prototype was flown on 3Dec80 by V.M. Gorbunov. The four-section leading edge flap was changed to a five section construction. The improved N-019M "TOPAZ" radar enabled the R-27ER radar and the R-27ET IR missiles which are larger varieties of the R-27R and R-27T original design.

Edited by Presing

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

IIRC it is the 9.13 modelled, rather than the 9.13S (With the Topaz) that is modelled. The R-77s do however contradict this I think, as they only arrived with the 9.13S - so I think they should be removed for realism. What do you think? :)

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Mikoyan_Gurevich_MiG-29#MiG-29_Fulcrum-C_.28type_9.13.29

MiG-29 Fulcrum-C (type 9.13)

First flight 4 May 1984. This version is generally as the "Fulcrum-A", but introduced a deeply curved top to the fuselage aft of the cockpit to house additional avionics which include the L-203BE Gardeniya 1 FU active jammer. The internal fuel capacity was increased by 75 litres (20.0 US gallons or 17.0 Imp gallons). A 1,500 litre (396 US gallon or 330 Imp gallon) underbelly fuel tank was optional The weapons load was increased to 3,200 kg (7,055 lb). The ammunition shellcase disposal was modified to avoid the centreline tank, allowing for gun-firing with the tank in place. Auxiliary RWR/ECM antennas added to the wingtips, and the weapon control system was improved. Three prototypes were converted from standard 'Batch 4' MiG-29s. Trials reportedly began in April 1984. About 207 "Fulcrum-Cs" built from 1986 (beginning at serial number 05560). The "Fulcrum-C" was not exported, although some were "inherited" by the independent republics on the break-up of the USSR.

MiG-29S Fulcrum-C (type 9.13S)

This is a multistage upgrade of type 9.13. Initially with external load increased to 4,000 kg (8,818 lb) and with provisions for two 1,150 litre (304 US gallon or 253 Imp gallon) underwing fuel tanks. These were later added to some Russian 9.12s and 9.13s. Maximum fuel with external tanks is 8,240 litres (2,177 US gallons or 1,813 Imp gallons) for a maximum range of 1,565 n miles (2,900 km or 1,802 miles). Angle of Attack operating range increased to 28º. RLPK-29M N019M radar, detection range 54 nautical miles (100 km or 62 miles) against fighter-size targets, now, with N019ME radar, able to track 10 targets and engage two simultaneously. Also offered with third-phase improvements now associated with MiG-29SD, SE and N. It is able to carry two pairs of R-27R1, R-27RE1, R-27T1 or R-27TE1 and two to six R-73E AAMs. Up to six RVV-AE (R-77 AA-12 “Adder”) AAMs after the radar upgrade, or up to 4,000 kg (8,820 lb) of bombs. Two or four S-24B 240 mm rockets, two or four B-8M1 packs of 20 S-8 80 mm rockets, ZAB-500 napalm tanks or BKF cluster bombs, in addition to standard GSh-301 gun. Some features of trials aircraft first flown 5 May 1984, the first true prototype flew 23 December 1990. Maximum T-O weight increased to 19,700 kg (43,430 lb). Two regiments in former East Germany were fully equipped with the first phase aircraft before the russian withdrawal.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Fulcrum A: MiG-29S (Variant 5, Product 9-12S) that continued with production "fat-back" fuselage, small internal fuel increase of 20 US Gal. (76 liters) to 4376 liters (7514 lbs, 3408 kg, or 1156 US Gal) and provisions for two 1150 liter (304 US Gal or 1975 lbs) wing tanks. Total max fuel capacity of 8196 liters (2165 US Gal or 14,074 lbs) with centerline tank included. Possible 4,000 kg. (8,020 lbs.) of stores. Max Takeoff Weight increased to 19,700 kg. (43,340 lbs.). Published max range of 1,565 nm (2862 km). Configured with the improved N-019M "Slot Back" Radar capable of ten TWS target files with two simultaneous engagement tracks the AVV-AE (R-77) "Adder" missile. The first prototype was flown on 3Dec80 by V.M. Gorbunov. The four-section leading edge flap was changed to a five section construction. The improved N-019M "TOPAZ" radar enabled the R-27ER radar and the R-27ET IR missiles which are larger varieties of the R-27R and R-27T original design.

Fulcrum C: MiG-29S (Variants 8/9) production "fatback" with new radar and weapon system, improved flight control system, and room for further enhancements. The new upgraded radar is the NO-019M that could grow to a two simultaneous target engagement capability. There is also a gross weight beef-up with R-77 (AA-12) compatibility, or 8,820 lbs ordnance and ext stores, with less than 50 aircraft produced for VVS and no known exports yet an upgrade kit is available. Sub-block of Fulcrum C is the MiG-29SM aircraft with the SM being optimized for precision air-to-ground weapons. There is an additional 240 liters of internal fuel together with the 76 liters gained in the first re-arrangement of the LEX-fuselage volume bringing the total internal fuel to 7926 lbs (3595 kg, 1219 US Gal, and 4616 liters).

...Two regiments in former East Germany were fully equipped with the first phase aircraft before the russian withdrawal.
You know that is MiG-29g version??

Presing

Edited by Presing

You know that is MiG-29g version??

Presing

Mig-29G has no humpback like the 9.13 variant. Which source is A) applicable and B) correct? They both seem to disagree with each other.

MiG-29 Fulcrum-C (type 9.13)

First flight 4 May 1984. This version is generally as the "Fulcrum-A", but introduced a deeply curved top to the fuselage aft of the cockpit to house additional avionics which include the L-203BE Gardeniya 1 FU active jammer. The internal fuel capacity was increased by 75 litres (20.0 US gallons or 17.0 Imp gallons). A 1,500 litre (396 US gallon or 330 Imp gallon) underbelly fuel tank was optional The weapons load was increased to 3,200 kg (7,055 lb). The ammunition shellcase disposal was modified to avoid the centreline tank, allowing for gun-firing with the tank in place. Auxiliary RWR/ECM antennas added to the wingtips, and the weapon control system was improved. Three prototypes were converted from standard 'Batch 4' MiG-29s. Trials reportedly began in April 1984. About 207 "Fulcrum-Cs" built from 1986 (beginning at serial number 05560). The "Fulcrum-C" was not exported, although some were "inherited" by the independent republics on the break-up of the USSR.

MiG-29s upgrade was not make before 1991

MiG-29S Fulcrum-C (type 9.13S)

This is a multistage upgrade of type 9.13. Initially with external load increased to 4,000 kg (8,818 lb) and with provisions for two 1,150 litre (304 US gallon or 253 Imp gallon) underwing fuel tanks. These were later added to some Russian 9.12s and 9.13s. Maximum fuel with external tanks is 8,240 litres (2,177 US gallons or 1,813 Imp gallons) for a maximum range of 1,565 n miles (2,900 km or 1,802 miles). Angle of Attack operating range increased to 28º. RLPK-29M N019M radar, detection range 54 nautical miles (100 km or 62 miles) against fighter-size targets, now, with N019ME radar, able to track 10 targets and engage two simultaneously. Also offered with third-phase improvements now associated with MiG-29SD, SE and N. It is able to carry two pairs of R-27R1, R-27RE1, R-27T1 or R-27TE1 and two to six R-73E AAMs. Up to six RVV-AE (R-77 AA-12 “Adder”) AAMs after the radar upgrade, or up to 4,000 kg (8,820 lb) of bombs. Two or four S-24B 240 mm rockets, two or four B-8M1 packs of 20 S-8 80 mm rockets, ZAB-500 napalm tanks or BKF cluster bombs, in addition to standard GSh-301 gun. Some features of trials aircraft first flown 5 May 1984, the first true prototype flew 23 December 1990. Maximum T-O weight increased to 19,700 kg (43,430 lb). Two regiments in former East Germany were fully equipped with the first phase aircraft before the russian withdrawal.

Your post, READ last sentence.

MiG-29s upgrade was not make before 1991

Your post, READ last sentence.

It was my understanding that the Mig-29G was the German designation of the Mig-29A - any photos of the Mig-29G certainly look like Fulcrum-As - it is also not impossible that East Germany received some 9.13s variants too.

Still this is not the point we are discussing.

MiG-29 s Is what you think is a problem, but MAPO use that becouse is too big to use type this ... and version this ... so they start to use alphabet. Read second part of the site http://www.sci.fi/~fta/MiG-29-1.htm

Yes I understand this - however the source I quoted uses a different variant naming convention - it is all very un clear. What is clear however is the Lock On simulates the "Mig-29C", whatever that might be (See Lock Ons homepage), of which there are many possible variants. One of which does not have the Topaz Radar.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

And the site you post it's not exactly true, training version is UB not B, B ver. is exported ver. of A but downgraded for non-Warsaw-pact users like ex-Yugoslavia.

Now be careful... is that Migs B designation or NATOs B designation? Mig-29B is the export version as you say - the Fulcrum-B is NATOs designation for the UB.

Confusing isn't it? :)

Nate

Sensors = {

RADAR = "N-019M",

IRST = "KOLS",

RWR = "Abstract RWR"

From the scripts of database of MiG-29s of lockon.

N019M Topaz is an updated version, developed as a response to the compromise of the N-019 radar by a US spy. Tested from 1986, it entered limited production in 1991. Slightly lighter than the N-019 at 350kg. Topaz has increased ECM resistance, new software, and a more advanced built-in monitoring system. A new Ts101M computer eliminates the processor overload problems of the N019, more than doubling capacity to 400,000 operations per second whilst weighing less, just 19kg, and with doubled MTBF of 1000h compared to the 500h of the Ts100. N019M allows two targets to be engaged by active radar homing missiles simultaneously. Range increased slightly to 80km. Originally intended to be fitted to the existing MiG-29 fleet as an upgrade, about 22 aircraft with N019M are thought to have entered service with the VVS.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by GGTharos

Because at that time the information for modeling it was not available, and at that time AFAIK not all 9.13C had it anyway.

And now it is too late to deal with it.

That is way it's not in Lock On.

Presing

The LAR's in the F-15 are not working correctly. The easiest way to see this is to set yourself up in the six of another aircraft, take an STT lock with the bandit on your nose and note the size of the LAR. Then turn your aircraft left or right and you will see the RMAX displayed increases as you turn away.

Active missiles on your RWR. As you run away, about 10 seconds before they self destruct the RWR indications go away for about 2-5 seconds, then turn back on.

I havent checked if you fixed this from FC1: The displayed elevation of the F-15 radar was in error. If you set the bottom of the scan at 20000ft, it would actually be looking from 22000ft. This creates obvious issues when using a coordinated scan between squad mates.

Moving map for the F-15 would be handy. Should be displayable on the PACS panel.

The dispersion on the F-15's gun seems way too great. Back me up here IvanK

Its 25+ years since I fired the M61 Sven :) however I do agree the dispersion in FC2 seems huge. This is really evident in strafe in FC2. The M61 spec max dispersion is an 8 mill cone. As I recall in typical AG CCIP strafe we did way better than that. Bullet impacts on the range being in the order of 3-4mill dispersion. Eyeball estimate of F15 FC2 impacts at 3000ft slant range show about 40ft spread from first to last impact using IL76 as a target using its wingspan for reference. Even if you took the full 8 mill spread should only be in the order of 24feet .... about half of what I reckon we see in FC2.

• 2 weeks later...

EOS lock but enemy have radar signal. I mean when i lock target (he is full defensive) helmet mod or BVR with eos only, sometimes target have lock signal like i am using radar but i am not and no radar symbol on HUD - R/P on HUD. That is MAYOR bug for Russian fighters, EOS in that way have no purpose, what I would like to see is when ever my radar go active I would like to have R/P symbol on my HUD. Also HOJ for F-15, when you lock and fire on target who is using JAMMER with F-15 the target have sound signal of incoming missile.

Presing

EOS lock but enemy have radar signal. I mean when i lock target (he is full defensive) helmet mod or BVR with eos only, sometimes target have lock signal like i am using radar but i am not and no radar symbol on HUD - R/P on HUD. That is MAYOR bug for Russian fighters, EOS in that way have no purpose, what I would like to see is when ever my radar go active I would like to have R/P symbol on my HUD. Also HOJ for F-15, when you lock and fire on target who is using JAMMER with F-15 the target have sound signal of incoming missile.

Presing

Is this in multiplayer?

Nate

Yes it is. Maybe it also happen in singleplayer but for now there is no way to ask AI if he have radar lock signal.

A.I. behaviour can be indicative, ie do they go defensive with EOS lock if player was until then unseen/undetected?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I recall something about there being situations where EOS needs ranging information from radar, though it's a bit foggy. So long since I used russian fighters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester