Outstanding Major Bugs in FC2

Nate--IRL--

Much like the thread for Black Shark http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78104

I have been away from FC2 for quite some time so I'm not up to speed on the Issues still affecting it.

I would like to at least try to make sure the most heinous of bugs are looked at for FC3. NOTE:- THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL BE FIXED. I will log them and ED will decide the priority.

If you are aware of a major issue that needs to be looked please list it here in this thread.

When making a post please try to be as clear as possible with the Description (Pictures and tracks help!) I have to be able to recreate the problem myself from your Directions.

Please let us try to keep random discussion to a minimum I'd like the thread to be as concise as possible. Oh and feature requests are to go in the wish list thread, they don't belong here.

Nate

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nate.

A) AGM-65 Maverick Lock Bug affects the A-10A pretty badly. I know some of this was by design but some times you were completely unable to lock a target even when you were close, with a clear uncluttered field of view. I guess the A-10C Maverick logic may sort it anyway. I'll try and update this post with the forum thread about this.

B) Aircraft spawning over parked aircraft. Actually happens in DCS too. It is impossible ahead-of-time in the mission editor to know where AI aircraft will park themselves. If they choose to park in a ramp slot that you've allocated to a client then a player will spawn and die (and get a teamkill on the AI aircraft :(). An easy solution would be to not allow AI aircraft to spawn on a slot reserved for a client, but if there are many clients reserved but few slots used then this leaves little or no room for the AI aircraft to park. The best solution would be for a spawning player to be allocated their slot provided it is not occupied by any object (aircraft or moving vehicle) and get allocated to a different unoccupied slot if necessary.

C) Modded aircraft to fly on the carrier (eg. MiG-29K) roll backwards without their brakes on. All aircraft on the carrier should 'stick'.

D) Aircraft moving relative to the world but stationary relative to the carrier are logged as crashes on exit (sucks when computing pilot stats).

E) Refueling boom not visible properly in multiplayer.

F) Some functions in the 'net' environment (such as net.get_unit_property()) produce incorrect results for some parameter values. In particular, you can't get the initiator ID without doing dostring_in gymnastics. Since the default event logs describe all unit in terms of 'initiator ID'

G) Some of the lua callbacks events in scripts/net/events.lua are not reliable:

* They often report teamkills when a player simply exits.

* Sometimes omit the takeoff airfield name.

* The damage callback never gets called.

* They also forget who fired what missile, and gun kills are not recorded probably.

* (feature request, sorry) would be nice to get an event when a player spawns in-air, as this is the first time an initiator ID can be obtained for in-air starts.

Again, DCS probably fixed this, but the downside of DCS is that the debrief.log is not written in real-time anymore (in FC2 it is), which is a problem if your server crashes (and a log doesn't get written, which is not a problem if you have progressive logging throughout a mission).

H) BTR and BMP are completely lethal. BMPs may have laser ranging systems but the BTR is manually aimed. The radar-aimed Shilka is a total pussy in comparison. This probably needs to be addressed.

I) When units cannot reach a waypoint due to their large turning radius they will orbit and behave unrealistically. Manifestations of this are:

* AI tankers creating vapour trail 'donuts' in the sky as they attempt to get to a waypoint but can't

* aircraft carriers circling as they attempt to get to a waypoint. Have to learn to land on a circling deck.

* AI aircraft turning at last waypoint to approach, turning to wide so missing the approach, aborting the approach and climbing out to try again, but this continues again and again until they run out of gas.

The workaround is to introduce gentle turns by making a lot of additional waypoints, but it would be better to have the AI able to handle this case.

J) Mission editor often will not save settings properly in all cases. If you change a mission option and then re-load the mission it sometimes doesn't get saved. Also applies to DCS editors.

K) AI aircraft seem to be able to see you through clouds. Would be nice if they lost sight.

Edited by Moa

1)The problem with F-15 HOJ giving lock and launch warning. But Im so afraid theill break something else on FC3 Im not going to be too insisting about it. :D

2)On another note, after rearming planes, recessed fuselage mounts will no longer down-eject the missile, instead, they will launch like a normal wing rail wich looks like its going through the fuselage. The only way to go around this bug is rejoin the plane slot with whatever default load it has.

3) the dreaded toilet paper missile trail. For when??? :D

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Dead plane - must be a dead and can`t continue fight. That plane can be only flaming parts in the sky. So many times we kill someone and killed player still firing missiles with regulary lock or randomly (to all directions fan - form ground to the moon);

Damaged plane - hard damage, priority for pilot in that plane is EJECT with words:"Thanks God, I`m a live" or if plane have ''small'' damage is RTB (escape from battle zone) - no way to continue fight;

Building kills - are so frustrating and unfair;

TO LONG Low level flights - I'm sick of these players. In RL that pilot after low pass in somewhere dangerous area will be in prison. We can imagine what army will do with some pilot who flying extremly low (below 20m or 200m ...however) every flight. This is the most ridiculous part of LOFC;

HOJ - we are warnerd if someone shot on us at HOJ. (RUS vs RUS and F15c vs F15c);

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

MIG29 FUEL SYSTEM BUG

MIG29 Fuel indication Bug with external tanks fitted. Tape should display Total fuel remaining not just Internal fuel depending on position of T & P switch at the bottom of the gauge. See these threads:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53797

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70274

System worked just fine in FC1.12

Here is my Summary covering all 3 Possible Fuel configurations. This is based on the Luftwaffe Flight Manual using F34 Fuel with T & P switch in the P position.

mig29fuelfeeds4.jpg

I am happy to write a fully documented explanation based on the German Flight Manual if required.

RUSSIAN HUD IAS v TAS

At present the HUD speed display in the MIG29,SU27 and SU33 switch to TAS as soon as you enter an Air to Air mode or take a radar/EOS lock. This is incorrect it should remain IAS until the lock is achieved. This is clearly shown on various HUD videos. See here:

At 2.03 into the video a Lock is achieved, Speed only then changes to TAS with the cryllic "N" suffix. So In NAV its IAS, In RWS or TWS is IAS it only goes to TAS when in STT (Radar or EOS). Though I cant confirm it I think the switch to TAS on STT also only occurs with a missile as the selected weapon.

NAV RANGE AND BEARING

In the MIG29,SU27,SU33 the HSI range and bearing values to a waypoint freeze as soon as you go to an Air to Air mode. They should continuously indicate range and bearing to the selected WYPT regardless of mode.

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1

1. RWR discrepancies based on server platform. (KA-50 flying on FC2 hosted server, FC2 flying on KA-50 server). No AI nails/spikes/launch warnings in MP environment.

2. Mission corruption during/when connecting to the server can cause spawning in air, and other unlimited bugs (incorrect payloads, statistics anomalies, hangar doors not openning etc.), perhaps hash checking client's mission file upon transmission will resolve this. [more of a multiplayer code issue]

3. EOS switching to Radar ON depending on target aspect or loss of lock in Russian aircraft.

4. SU-25 flight model constantly banking left when there is no input (can not fly wings level), a major bug that has been confirmed by devs themselves in the RU threads.

5. Contrails not disappearing if the aircraft continues to stay marking...

6. Refueling operation does not halt if you turn the engines ON after it has already started. [Turn the engines off, request refuel, once you hear the pumps, turn the engine on]

7. Countless invisible terrain issues (sorry a bit vague, hard to pinpoint them until you are all of the sudden in F-11 view at which point a lot of $#!*%^!*@^#!(@*$%#^! is transmitted in joy)

--- just a quick attempt to write these out in no particular order ---

AI throw their weapons away way too easily when sams go hot. (EVEN SEAD FLIGHTS)

And it will help those poor souls just about 0%

Maybe they could jett their weapons only if fired very close etc..

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dead plane - must be a dead and can`t continue fight. That plane can be only flaming parts in the sky. So many times we kill someone and killed player still firing missiles with regulary lock or randomly (to all directions fan - form ground to the moon);

Damaged plane - hard damage, priority for pilot in that plane is EJECT with words:"Thanks God, I`m a live" or if plane have ''small'' damage is RTB (escape from battle zone) - no way to continue fight;

Neither of those is unrealistic. Pilots in damaged aircraft will continue to fight if possible, assuming they cannot disengage - especially if they can provide SA for the wingmen.

TO LONG Low level flights - I'm sick of these players. In RL that pilot after low pass in somewhere dangerous area will be in prison. We can imagine what army will do with some pilot who flying extremly low (below 20m or 200m ...however) every flight. This is the most ridiculous part of LOFC;

This is a mission design issue. Make long range missions, and see how many people will fly at low altitude when they realize they just don't have the fuel for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AIM120 scanzone:

please watch over the scanzone of the aim120 and r77 again. there must be some incorrect values.

unfortunatly i do not have the tackviewfile anymore, but during a training i engaged a buddy of our squad from his 3 -9 line range 15km, 2500m below him and in the tacview we saw that he kept his course, did not jnik into me, but fired a missile. the can be no way he could have shot the missile at me, but my wingmen turned away and the missile went for my plane, which was about 80° to the side of the plane i attacked. so there must be some bad values in the arh scanzones, cause the missile went straight first and then turned, and took a active look at an angle of nearly 80°, which is not possible do to the fact that the aim120b-c and so on, only have an azimuth of 55° as far i can recall right.

would be nice to see such things fixed and also when the amraam looses lock on any aircraft they have a save function in real life to avoid eccidential locks on friendlies or what so ever it may be. but in FC they lock anything they can see or normaly not see.

thanks

Try reading it again.

Indeed. Missiles are either not effective enough and need to be buffed even more. Or weapon control systems MUST be dealt with. How "IRL" is it when a bandit with both engines in flames, spiraling out of the sky is spamming IR/ARH missiles in every direction? In FC1.12 we had the great LRM mod that assured NO WCS functionality after major damage... in FC2 that is gone. With the tweaked missile engine (proximity hits and lag) it is more common now to be shot down by a "falling wreck" because you write it off as a splash rather than an aircraft.

Adding to my list of bugs:

8. SARH performance vs rear hemisphere. Firing Rs/ERs and AIM-7s is wasteful when the bandit is extending from you, even IF you are within the launch parameters and even IF the bandit is not chaffing.

Edited by Sov13t

Indeed. Missiles are either not effective enough and need to be buffed even more. Or weapon control systems MUST be dealt with. How "IRL" is it when a bandit with both engines in flames, spiraling out of the sky is spamming IR/ARH missiles in every direction? In FC1.12 we had the great LRM mod that assured NO WCS functionality after major damage... in FC2 that is gone. With the tweaked missile engine (proximity hits and lag) it is more common now to be shot down by a "falling wreck" because you write it off as a splash rather than an aircraft.

8. SARH performance vs rear hemisphere. Firing Rs/ERs and AIM-7s is wasteful when the bandit is extending from you, even IF you are within the launch parameters and even IF the bandit is not chaffing.

copy that Sov13t, esspecially when we think about the effectivness of the r27er in fc2, it is hilarious, cause in real life even a near hit would really slice the enemy in half, do to the continuous rod warhead, but i have no data how commen these warheads are in RL, but the missile is way stronger then simulated in fc2

• Like 1

Neither of those is unrealistic. Pilots in damaged aircraft will continue to fight if possible, assuming they cannot disengage - especially if they can provide SA for the wingmen.

The lua event callbacks say the aircraft, is dead but it is not dead and I've seen 'dead' aircraft later land and do more sorties. This is a bug because the aircraft is severely *damaged* (again, another bug where damage callback is never invoked) but is not actually *dead*. You are right that damaged aircraft can fight on. Dead aircraft should not be able to (especially dead client aircraft).

While we're at it. Aircraft that are damaged on a sortie, land and repair and then later exit should not be reported as kills to the person that damaged them (this is currently happening). We live in fear of getting damaged, making it back but then sometimes getting reported as killed when we exit. Basically repairs at an airbase/FARP/vessel should clear out any damaged state.

This is a damage modeling issue, and I don't think there's a really reasonable solution. You have one or another extreme.

This actually seems to be very realistic especially for close to dead-on low aspect and especially for older missiles ... but I'm not happy with it working this way in the rest of the rear hemisphere either. With chaff not present, there's another issue about how the warheads are detonated against maneuvering aircraft, but I don't know if such a thing would be added (it would be an additional detonation mechanism to the fuze).

@Moa - right, that's a reporting/callback issue obviously.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

BUGs gentlemen BUGs! not modelling! If something is documented in the manual as doing something and it is not doing that, THAT is a bug,

If you can't find it in the manual, then it isn't a bug, and isn't welcome in this thread.

Yeah GG that applies to you too :)

Nate

Missiles top speed and range should take into account the speed at wich you launch them.

Right now doesn't make any difference to launch an amraam fron an f-15 at mach 1.5 or 0.5.

This should be changed because it is very unrealistic.

The real problem it is the missile flight model is scripted and should be dynamic, not very advanced but enough to make the flight of the missiles more real.

BUGs gentlemen BUGs! not modelling! If something is documented in the manual as doing something and it is not doing that, THAT is a bug,

If you can't find it in the manual, then it isn't a bug, and isn't welcome in this thread.

Yeah GG that applies to you too :)

Nate

Some think that going down in flames and still firing missiles off in any and every direction is a bug that needs to be smashed!

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

What drives me mad is that auto-switching from radar to IRST on MiG29/Su27 when target-lock is lost. This is not bug, but rather ULTRA-MEGA-BUG! Not long ago I visited one airbase and have been talking with MiG29 pilots, they confirmed IRL it never gets auto-switched from radar to infrared...

But first of all, I'm giving my vote for track-bug. Inconsistency between what actually happened in the flight, and what track is showing during replay is something I can not understand at all. Some server-admins request track in case of complaints, but what the hell can such a track prove?

Why hasn't anyone yet mentioned the non-working (or, more fatal, wrong-working) HSI in AC-mode? This can be from annoying (when in navigation training) to fatal (in Air Combat, receiving a threat in rel to BE for example). I know that bug's relying deep in the avionics code, but everything is subject to change and so there's chance anyway it's looked into, right?

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Some think that going down in flames and still firing missiles off in any and every direction is a bug that needs to be smashed!

I appreciate that, but I'd rather the debate be kept to another thread.

......but everything is subject to change and so there's chance anyway it's looked into, right?

Certainly no harm to ask.

Nate

What drives me mad is that auto-switching from radar to IRST on MiG29/Su27 when target-lock is lost. This is not bug, but rather ULTRA-MEGA-BUG! Not long ago I visited one airbase and have been talking with MiG29 pilots, they confirmed IRL it never gets auto-switched from radar to infrared...

Nothing worse when shadowing a bandit in EOS to then have your radar automatically spike him with no input from yourself. :mad:

* Kuznetsov doesn't light up when day turns to night, a bit awkward to land with one engine, in night fog with a crosswind.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

R-77 appears in Infrared mode...

Missiles after re-arming will not fire like they're supposed to do - will not be jumped from pylon, they start engine just after weapon's release (relates to "jumpable" pylons eg. AKU-58.)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ