Two MS FFB2 with Cougar Grip

PeterP

You have to set up the same axis setting for each module.

Don't expect that the Ka-.50 behaves the same just because you set it up once for the Huey.

>>>>Sticky: corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools Fix it:

Hi PeterP, been a while, but I have been very busy with real life work. I still am struggling to understand what is happening when I trim my modded MSFFB2 set. I trim the stick for example in the front right quadrant, and the stick immediately jumps to a new position, not staying where I have put it. (Which was the whole point of trimming). It must be a FFB issue, but I cannot work out what.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I have checked the settings under options.

Hope you're well,

Molevitch

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

I would appreciate any suggestions. I have checked the settings under options.

Which module/helicopter/your exact settings ?

-whatever-

Correct axis assignment/FF-Tune setting when followed my re-wiring instructions for the bottom MSSWFFB2 mechanism to the dot:

Ka-50:

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: Ka-50 Sim - Axis Commands] :

Top MSFFB2 : Y axis assigned as Pitch - X axis assigned as Roll

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Un-Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

Bottom MSFFB2: No axis assigned

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Un-Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

UH-1H (beta 1.2.6.18651):

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: UH-1H Sim - Axis Commands] :

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Un-Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Un-Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

Mi-8MTV2 (beta 1.2.6.18651):

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: Mi-8MTV2 - Axis Commands] :

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Checked

Invert Y = Checked

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Checked

Invert Y = Checked

Bud/design-flaw Report >>> Inconsistent FF Tune setting across modules that leads to confusion

Edited by PeterP

Hi PeterP,

Thanks for this. In fact, I did not have any options set for the lower FFB unit. I will try that and see what happens. I am pretty sure my wiring is correct for the lower unit, I was very careful and slow with assembly.

lxsapper, see my efforts in my earlier posts. I highly recommend the results. Very satisfying, and far better control. Did you make the mod too?

And Peter, I will bother you for some ideas on Softth later on in the weekend! I cannot get my centre viewport on my central monitor. Have tried all sorts of solutions, but no, it centres on the right side monitor....

Have a great weekend guys!

M

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is my first attempt at extending my MSFFB2 stick. I put this together in just a few hours. I hope to do some more testing and optimizing with it later. I don't really want to buy another one just to take it a part to boost the force feedback. Later down the road I might decided to do the hack that PerterP mentioned in his first post, which will allow me to increase the amps to the motor so I can use bigger motors. I also plan to install a counter weight later as well. I just wanted to give this a try to see what all the fuss is about, and I have to say after only taking a few minutes to test how it feel in DCS: P-51 and I already know I will never go back... Thanks PeterP for starting this thread! Here are some pictures of my build.

I know she won't win any beauty contest...

IMG_3972_zps3a514d54.jpg

Running longer wires

IMG_3969_zps59948fb2.jpg

Making new threads. I reattached the stem to this end.

IMG_3968_zpsef2ea4c3.jpg

Soldered the wires back.

IMG_3970_zpsb7bc6c74.jpg

Then put it all back together.

IMG_3971_zps76c3a53f.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Thank you for sharing you progress !

..., and I have to say after only taking a few minutes to test how it feel in DCS: P-51 and I already know I will never go back... Thanks PeterP for starting this thread! Here are some pictures of my build.

I know she won't win any beauty contest...

Don't worry ;) - If it feels 'right' , you are on the right track and you can finish the 'cosmetics' later.

My 'first attempt' looked very similar to yours.

:)

Edited by PeterP

• 1 month later...

Looking GOOD, Whiplash! How do you find the controls now?

I am still planning a collective build when I get some free time. But just bought a bucket seat from an old MG sportscar on eBay for £40, much better than my old office chair. Comfy and lower, and it slides!

bsd sig 2021.jpg

A TM Cougar is hard to find

and not cheaper than a new WH-Stick 170€ a.t.m.

Is this whole setup also possible with a Warthog stick?

What do you think guys?

Edited by Ganesh
typo

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

A TM Cougar is hard to find

and not cheaper than a new WH-Stick 170€ a.t.m.

Is this whole setup also possible with a Warthog stick?

What do you think guys?

It should even be easier using the Warthog stick, since the base is a lot smaller and thus simpler fit into a box. The whole setup only uses the base of the Cougar/WH as means to keep the buttons of the stick usable. All the rest is handled by the two FFB2s.

-Mathias

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

It should even be easier using the Warthog stick, since the base is a lot smaller and thus simpler fit into a box.

The whole setup only uses the base of the Cougar/WH as means to keep the buttons of the stick usable. All the rest is handled by the two FFB2s.

-Mathias

Yeah, "should" is the crux of the matter ;)

If i had just someone to talk about the whole matter in german...

I think i have to work it all out in my head first :prop:

2 sidewinders are waiting for deconstruction

Edited by Ganesh
add quote

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 2 weeks later...

How does one comes up to the idea to do this ? Putting the 2 ffb machines togheter, the contraweight , the rewiring, its a genius idea Peterp. I might ask some questions about this. For now iam calculating if i am able to do this and if i can gather all the matherials

How does one comes up to the idea to do this ?

PeterP's mind works in strange and wonderful ways. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hello,

It appears the Mssffb2 isnt compatible with Windows 8 is this thrue ? And is there a solution ?

Hmmm, I had not heard that from anyone. Perhaps that is another reason to sell the one I have in the closet.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

U can put fans to cooler the engines down.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Why would you ? Arnt you planning to make your own cyclic with ff ?

I don't know that I will ever go FFB but I also have a G940 setup (in the closet as well), so the option would still be there.

Hello,

It appears the Mssffb2 isnt compatible with Windows 8 is this thrue ? And is there a solution ?

Can someone confirm this?

Because i´d like to install Win8 soon and this would prevent me...

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Hello Terrorvogel,

Till now everything i had configured regarding Dcs works in Windows 8. I mean EMC, Helios, Warthog Hotas, CHRudder everything works fine. I just received my Mssffb i,ve tested it and it seem to work eventhough there are no drivers and software available. Software isnt a problem i can attach the stick to a Interface card and get it programmed. It just needs to be recognized by the system and mine does. The Trim feature does his own thing. Iam waiting for my second Mssffb Joystick for better troubleshooting.

PeterP can you asisst here before i open the Joysticks ?

Thx for this information Clyber. Helps me a lot:)

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I just got my second msffb2 and ordered at Conrad the engine mount's. Now and then I will work on this wonderful stick if I have some spare time.

I was wondering from which car the "CV joint rubber boot" is.

Ciao,

Arthur

Why do you need exact the same rubber boot ? Iam sure you can find another that fit as good as any other. Just improvise. At the moment iam busy with my cyclic grip. After that iam going for the 2 mssff configuration.Keep me updated and good luck.

Why do you need exact the same rubber boot ? Iam sure you can find another that fit as good as any other. Just improvise. At the moment iam busy with my cyclic grip. After that iam going for the 2 mssff configuration.Keep me updated and good luck.

Hey arthur, eindelijk ook een freak uit nederland.

Ben jij het die de 2 Mssff net voor mn neus heeft weggekaapt op marktplaats? :lol:

Ik heb er ook 2 voor een voor een prikkie kunnen scoren. Ben nu nog ff met mijn cyclic bezig dan begin ik er ook aan. Misschien kunnen we info delen want ik wil het ineens goed doen. Good luck.