The Virtual Horsemen

VH-Rock

• ED Team
Couldn't take my eyes off the flight! Very impressive. God, I love that sound.

Pity there isn't a cam that would center on both aircraft instead of one or the other. Lead looked steady as (ahem) a Rock; while it appeared his wingie was dancing around. The motion, of course, was contributed by both birds.

Wonder if devs or modders could conjure up a camera that would take the visual average of 2, 3 or 4 ships? While I'm daydreaming, it would be nice if we could move the aim point of all cameras too, so the subject wasn't always un-aesthetically smack-dab in the middle of a screenshot frame. We'd save a lot of wasted bits if we didn't always have to chop them off in post-processing crops.

Well done, y'all! Will replays be available on YouTube or elsewhere?

F2 then LAlt-F2 and you can set any angle off the vector from your cam to the selected AC.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tailspin, the replay will be available on Livestream when it has finished processing. I'll post the link here when it's up :)

That was an edited version of 'Six Shooter' I was using too. Almost done now, check your email in a couple of hours or so :)

EDIT: I've just been informed by SkyHawk that the replay is now available. http://livestre.am/3X51G

Please keep in mind that this replay shows the first time we have ever flown the full show together so it was a little bit iffy. I was also testing out 2 new skins which is why we are not flying actual Horsemen aircraft in this display.

Edited by VH-Rock

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Great flying! Only got to catch a few minutes of it but it looked excellent.

I'm still getting a feel for it in formation. Lawndart & I flew some last night and it's tricky - a little different than the F-16 FM!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to welcome Nathan 'Rhino' Truninger to the team as our official narrator. Rhino has offered to help us on multiple ocassions in the past and, with our new attempts to increase the quality of our live shows, we couldn't think of anybody better for the job. Welcome mate!

(For those of you who don't know, Rhino leads the Virtual Blue Angels and has been a close friend of VH for a long time) :)

Thanks Ray, glad you managed to catch a little bit of it :) You'll have to come fly with us some day :)

Ray and I have been flying some maneuvers you probably wouldn't see in a real air show and it's challenging. Unfortunately neither his nor my track got saved w/o errors, and since we're both busy airline pilots it's tough to find time for retakes. None the less, it would be fun to hook up and fly a four-ship with you sometime when we're all around.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Thanks Lawndart, it would indeed be nice to get a formation together. I tend to fly a little bit harder and faster when we fly for fun and we end up with some pretty unusual maneuvers too. With our right wing now able to fly the sim and our reserve pilot, it may be possible to put together a delta, if we could all get together of course. Let us know when both of you guys are free, and we can see if we can sort something out. Our left wing moves to Japan in August, so for a larger formation, it would have to be relatively soon.

Edited by VH-Rock

Will keep it in mind, but right now Ray and I have only 4 evenings that we're both off until August. No weekends either, so with time zones it's even trickier. Should let up towards end of summer though...

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Looking forward to flying with the VH!

LD & I have had fun with P-51, only flown a few hours in it but we're getting the hang of it. We had a great calypso bottom up pass but like he said our tracks were broken :(

I'm flying 95 hours this month, too much time away from home - not enough P-51 / Battlefield 3 time! Typing this from the Holiday Inn in Kansas City at the moment. Landed just before these thunderstorms rolled through.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

Sounds like you guys have a great jon, other than the time away from home. Mind you, it's worth it if you enjoy it. Just think, when you're retired, you'll be jumping to get out of the house!

Since 2005, I have attended The Fighter Collections 'Flying Legends' air show and, each year, I have never been disappointed with the flying. This year was no different as, once again, the skies over Duxford roared with the sound of Merlin, Allison and Pratt & Whitney engines. For, the star(s) of the show was the appearance of 3, yes, 3, Mk I Spitfires (2 of which only came out of restoration early this year). Legends 2012 also saw the debut of The Fighter Collections P-47G Thunderbolt, Snafu. Whilst the show this year did seem a little more 'sedate' than that of previous years, it is understandable given the recent weather in Europe, the gusty conditions on the day and some noteable aircraft missing that were due to attend. Cancellations are a rare thing at Legends but, unfortunately this year, the weather stopped some aircraft making the trip. I'm no photographer, but I took along my small digital camera to take a few snaps for my own enjoyment. I avoided lots of aerial shots as I do not have the skill, nor the equipment to take such photos.

It was great to meet up with so many people, Vibora, Joe Kurr, Kato (from VBA), Ells and it was a pleasure to talk to JimMack and YoYo about the future of DCS. There was certainly a lot of interest shown in DCS, with people queueing up to test out the new, ask questions and watching the videos which were on display. We were lucky enough, thanks to Ells, to have the VH 2012 promo video on loop in The Fighter Collections hangar all day, and there were a lot of people that seemed to take an interest in our flying and the formation flying capabilities of the sim. Thank you for taking the time to talk us, it was a great day

Here's a few snaps from the days show:

Hawker Sea Fury:

Leg20S.png

P-40B (Pearl Harbour Veteran):

Leg15.png

Buchon

Leg23.png

Spitfire Mk Is

Leg9.png

Hawk 75

Leg16.png

P-40 F

Leg17.png

P-51 D - 'Miss Velma'

Leg18.png

C-47

Leg25.png

If you're not bored already, the rest of the album can be viewed here: http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Rob_Brindley/?start=all

That Sea Fury is such a beast, i'd like to see that one in DCS. :)

I'm sure Nick Grey wouldn't object to that. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• ED Team
I'm sure Nick Grey wouldn't object to that. :)

Nor would I, as my Father, as the RN maintenance test pilot accepted our T20 aircraft from the manufacturer in February 1952 at RNAS Anthorne! I hope to fly it this season - as second pilot.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Nor would I, as my Father, as the RN maintenance test pilot accepted our T20 aircraft from the manufacturer in February 1952 at RNAS Anthorne! I hope to fly it this season - as second pilot.

What a story that would be! After the way the Mustang has turned out, I'm pretty sure I will buy any Piston Engined Fighters made, should ED choose to do them.

• 2 weeks later...

The Virtual Horsemen Announce our new website!

It is with great pleasure that I can announce our new website is ready to go! Those of you who follow us on facebook might have seen a few links popping up which will have taken you to the new site but we decided not to announce the release until a few things fell into place.

This site is now fully integrated with our facebook account so any updates we post on the site will be shared on our facebook. The site also allows subscriptions to out blog if you want to receive email notification of our updates. This new site is a step forward for us as we know several people who do not have (And don't want to have) a facebook account and so were missing out on our regular updates.

There are a few more small things to do, such as adding a gallery, but this is not a key part of the site and can be done when I find the time to develop it. We also have the option of adding a forum, but we're not sure if it is worth adding one or not. User feedback would be useful on this.

Anyway, Take a look around and enjoy!

http://www.virtual-horsemen.com

nice one rock.

im getting the passion for combat now. stick a few anti air vehicles at the strip so i can shoot at you guys for being too good ! or if you need to some airshow smoke i could pop a hole out each wing if you like !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad I was able to fly with you finally! Had a great time. :joystick: Nice job leading, very smooth.

Will try to gather some clips from the track and upload to YouTube at some point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Ray, It was indeed great to finally fly with each other. You looked pretty slick out there on the right! I'm looking forward to the few clips. The loops should have been smooth, we must have flown about 500 or so over the last 3 weeks! The rolls still need a little work though and definitely showed a lack of practice.

A big thanks to everybody who came and I'm sorry for my slight absence in the middle but, as I'm sure you'd agree, a family has to come first. I think we might look into making this a regular thing if there seems to be sufficient interest?