Saying Hello

IronHog

A Big Hello! to all you in this great community of DCS world.

This something magical about flying has pushed me to be interested with flight simulations since I can remember. I started with EuroFighter 2000, F-22 ADF and F-22 TAW.

Shortly after Falcon 4.0 has been born and then all those modes created by the huge community.

Unfortunately since then my SOI has been largely shifted and splited between college then passion for programming, family - you now how it is ;)

Currently my life has stabilized, at least for some time so I decided to go back to my old passion ;)

About a week ago I had opened a wardrobe, and took out my HOTAS Cougar, CH PRO PEDALS and TrackIR and then purchased DCS A-10C.

Hour after hour I am more and more amazed by this simulation - the great attention to all the details, the huge amount of systems modeled - this really requires a lot of time and patience to master it - but that is why i am already so much into it.

As far as now I have programmed my HOTAS, took the first two training missions and go further and further through the Flight Manual.

The next steps for me is to learn "cold start" procedures and then navigation - I hope this is a good direction I am going in.

good hunting!

Luk

Welcome,its a whole new level nd lots to learn. Keep at it nd this community is the best school u can hope for.Good hunting.

System Specs :

Processor ; Intel®Core i7-3930 CPU@ 3.20GHz.

RAM -16.0 GB

Type-64bit

GPU-GTX 970

Never eject over a village you've just bombed - US Marines Gen.

Cześć :D And welcome :)

Start-up and navigation is a good place to start, also try any of the free flight missions with different loadouts to get the basic feel of the plane at various weights. How much you can ignore the stall warnings at various G's and maneuvers like split S or sideslipping. It's a very different plane to fly compared to fighters.

Happy flying

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This can become addictive, or maybe it's too late for that, Welcome and enjoy:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

DId the new guy bring Beer?:megalol: welcome to the Farm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

:thumbup:ALL RIGHT NOW BRING ON THEM DANCING GIRLS:megalol:thx bro rt bac at ya:drink::drunk::beer::cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Welcome!

Apart from the training missions, go to the Wiki site and try the instructional videos out there. Read the manual and if you have any questions - post them here. The community is incredible and you will find here people who will know answers to all the questions.. some of them deal with A10s in real life.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png