ROF update Channel Map

71st_Mastiff

file.php?id=28676

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=27485&sid=d8aa79467f590f9a7a3cf94387dde907

Before we go any further, we want to say thank you to all our loyal fans that have chosen to support ROF these past two and a half years! Because of that support ROF has grown both technically and numerically since launch. Our product was improved even further last year and the user base continued to grow little by little allowing us to reach our development goals. But we’re not out of the woods yet. As you know, 777 Studios is a small, independent studio and we rely on our supportive community to allow us to continue our work. This year will be no different and as I mentioned in my Holiday note this past November, we will need that same kind of steadfast support in 2012. Just the like the soldiers of the Great War nearly a century ago, we need you - the everyday working man and woman, to provide us the support, the strength we need to fight on in this great ordeal. So dear friends, over the top once again! We can’t do it without you! For flight-simming! For Rise of Flight! Charge…………….!

It is now time to share with you our plans for the remainder of the year. We want to continue to push ROF to new heights and offer you even more interesting content and improvements. Since release in 2009 through 2011 we focused on trying to add new features and other gameplay improvements to Rise of Flight so you could experience a well-rounded and deep combat flight-sim experience. In 2012 we plan to continue that tradition, but this year we want to focus a bit more on adding new content for ROF, both payware and freeware and re-learning some old skills like map-making and object making. What we have planned for this year is pretty exciting. It is my pleasure to share with you now our main goals for 2012 and how the community can help us make them a reality.

Plans

First, we have finally committed to making a new map, namely a Channel Map covering parts of Northern France, Western Belgium and Southern England. This will be incorporated into the Career mode and feature our new 3D ocean technology. This means ships and submarines will be active on this map! This map will be sold as an add-on to ROF. It will feature new towns and cities and costal scenery. Building a new map is a BIG project for us, but we feel this will add immensely to the ROF experience. This will also open up the door to adding the Belgian Air Force as a flyable faction during the Career in the future. Obviously, if this new map project is successful it can open up possibilities for other new maps in the long term.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Looking forward to the possibilities. Plus ROF is where I fly to just relax so this just makes for more 'vacation' flying!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lol crossing the channel on matchboxes ?!!!

And praying to have enought fuel no to get your feets wet ?!

Awesome.. and fearsome...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Lol crossing the channel on matchboxes ?!!!

And praying to have enought fuel no to get your feets wet ?!

Awesome.. and fearsome...

Don't forget...at night and with nearly 2000lbs of bombs too!:joystick:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

ROF is where I fly to just relax

Me too! After say an exhausting day at work I often don't have the energy to fire up DCS anymore because of the workload involved - I never do autostarts and/or use relaxed settings - whereas with RoF it's just rads open, mix full, engine on and go after the Hun! Oder gegen Die Engländer, depending on which side I'm flying on at the moment, natürlich :D

Yah, RoF is great fun, although admittedly a bit of a "sim lite" compared to DCS. Nothing wrong with that however :joystick:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yah, RoF is great fun, although admittedly a bit of a "sim lite" compared to DCS. Nothing wrong with that however :joystick:

No there isn't. I enjoy RoF very much. However, I don't know if I'd call it "sim lite" next to DCS. You can't flip 49 different switches and things like that in RoF because the aircraft didn't have them. IMHO, it's MORE difficult to fly in RoF because you don't have such fancy newfangled things like hydraulic control surfaces, trim, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

IMHO, it's MORE difficult to fly in RoF because you don't have such fancy newfangled things like hydraulic control surfaces, trim, etc.

I am inclined to agree. I know I wouldn't mind that little warning buzzer just before the air under your wings goes away!:D

I must admit, even though I don't use it much, I have Target set up to provide pitch and roll trim.:P

because the aircraft didn't have them.

Nope, but the buggers still had like 10 switches & levers per plane, plus certain simple procedures to get them started & checked for safe (well, erm, relatively speaking at least) flight nevertheless. And I'd like to see all that modelled in RoF too ;)

But don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant sim nevertheless!

Nope, but the buggers still had like 10 switches & levers per plane, plus certain simple procedures to get them started & checked for safe (well, erm, relatively speaking at least) flight nevertheless. And I'd like to see all that modelled in RoF too ;)

But don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant sim nevertheless!

If I'm not mistaken, you can switch on "full realism" to control things like mixture and radiator settings. What I was looking at was more general, however. You won't see a DCS-level of complexity in RoF because the planes just weren't as complex. I still think RoF is the best WW1 sim around though. I just wish I could understand it a bit better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

Sure you can switch on full realism. I for one always do in every sim I play, but IMO the planes would still be even cooler with 100% clickable / operable cockpits. No DCS-level complexity of course, but there was stuff there like spark advance, magneto switches etc. regardless and it would be fun to be able to operate all that as well ;)

Love RoF.. i don't play it enough... so always get a good ole spanking online!

I'll be happily supporting 777 with further dollars no doubt in 2012.

Iam looking forward to this , I hope they dont take the piss in pricing

Channel Map - $19.99 (reg. $24.99)

Airco D.H.4 - $8.99 (reg. $11.99)

Flexistowe F.2a - $12.99 (reg. $15.99)

Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 - $8.99 (reg. $11.99)

Pre-order prices, non pre-order in brackets.

EDIT:.. hmm the Felixtowe F.2A looks fun.:)

rofu.png

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 5 months later...

The Channel Map is not in this update.

OK but the water simulation still looks great :D

No arguement there. My preorder has been in since day 1. ;)