How F-111 TFR works

amalahama

Even if no F-111 is going to be modelled, information given in this video can be useful for other LANTIRN-equipped aircrafts *wink*. At the end of the day E-scope representation works similar in all TFR capable fighters.

Regards!

Edited by amalahama
  • Like 2

Thanks for the video, but how does it relate to LANTRIN (AAQ-13) equipped aircraft?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Does the F-16 have that?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Oh, ok thanks

To whom it may concern,

Well E-Scope features like ZCL, SCP and obstacle warn line are identical to F-111 TFR. In fact I guess AAQ-13 is based on AN/APQ-110/128

Interestingly enough, the APQ-174/186 bears a significant resemblance to the AAQ-13 and the APQ-110/128.

The APQ-174/186 is used on the MH-60K and MH-47G.

Untitled.png.9bda9953745cf587c8aa90663c29be3d.png

Best part of that video is when the F-111 is hauling ass and the shockwave is visible on the ground.

One of the Apollo astronauts (I think it was Buzz Aldrin but probably one of the third selection group) flew test sorties on low altitude insertion, pop-up release of B61's. They followed white marker posts that were stuck in the ground at some insanely low height (30 ft or so, they were mainly for visual reference). As the story goes, the pilots would try to get as low as possible, and on returning from his Mach+ practice delivery, he found white paint splotched on his fuse from where he tagged one of the markers.