DAYZ Mod for ArmA 2

Pyroflash

"Neither is the problem the engine's famous inability to handle interiors, making exploring a house a bit like steering a forklift through a hedge maze. At night. While drunk."

Best way to explain exploring the interiors of a house in Arma. So, I have died many times now. I am starting to realize as I play more, I am losing more and more patience and running a lot more. I have to constantly remind myself patience is the best weapon in this game.

My roommate and I were exploring the NW airfield late at night and we got ambushed by two bandits. My roommate saw a cow off to the side of the taxiway infront of the hangers and wanted to go get it. I urged him not to and just stick to the hangers but he went for it anyways. As soon as he got to it, he got lit up, while I was still checking out the hangers I recieved fire at the same time. It was pitch black so I was worried these guys had NVGs. My friend bled out real quick and I was cornnered in a hanger. I got a couple of AK rounds off at their muzzle flashes and threw a flare in their direction in hopes to **** their NVGs over. I made it out of the hanger taking no fire and circled around to find them in the building across from the tower after 20mins of being still. I went ape shit full auto with my AK. One of them died on the the ground floor, the other died on the second floor up stairs. I ran all the way to the top and spent 30mins listening to zombies devour their bodies while I thought about my dead friend. All he wanted was some meat...

The difference can't be explained in words. You have to play it to feel as a survivor. It's like a Falcon BMS (DayZ) and HAWX (Namalsk Horror).

• Like 1

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

How is this different from Namalsk Horror mod?

One of them main differences is character persistence across all servers. No matter what DayZ server you go on, your avatar will be in the same spot you left it, with all the same gear you had.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Check out these guys out. Watch them just shoot the shit at the end. Why can't I find MP cohorts of this caliber?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1490297&postcount=124

Because you don't ask around. There are plenty of people willing to team up if you start hunting them down out of game.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

From Eurogamer:

Just how popular is DayZ, the ArmA 2 modification that has set the game industry, and PC gaming, alight?

A whopping 420,000 people are playing the open world survival horror modification, its creator Dean Hall told Eurogamer after his star turn at Rezzed, the PC and indie game show in Brighton. The alpha version of the game launched just three months ago, in April 2012.

That 420,000 figure is accurate as of today, Saturday 7th July 2012.

Yesterday, Friday 6th July 2012, there were 400,000 players.

Tomorrow, there will be more. "We've got 420,000 now. We'll have 430,000 tomorrow," Hall said.

And next week? Half a million, Hall, who believes DayZ will eventually outsell ArmA 2, reckons.

"Currently we're running 22,000 concurrent at full peak, and 10,000 off peak, which is pretty huge numbers considering the original data structure and system was designed to handle 100 concurrents, and two servers," Hall revealed during his developer session.

"We now have 1000 servers. We're getting 110,000 players in a 24 hour period at the moment."

Hall, who hails from New Zealand, works for ArmA developer Bohemia Interactive as a multiplayer designer. In DayZ, you spawn on a beach and are forced to scavenge for items you need to survive in the world.

"There are no rules. There are no objectives. It was really just designed as a tech demo for something I'd been pitching for a while," Hall said.

The only AI that exists in the game is the zombies. The game, essentially, is about player interaction.

The mod's rapid growth has forced Hall to migrate its server six times. Five servers have been lost to overheating. Every update causes a server crash.

"We have trouble telling the difference between a DDoS and whether some YouTube channel has posted a video of the game," Hall said. "It makes things pretty interesting."

Buoyed by DayZ's success, Hall wants to see it turned into a standalone game, perhaps free-to-play.

Meanwhile, Hall confirmed dogs are coming to DayZ.

"It's just there's a problem with the implementation and there's been so much more that's been more pressing," he told us of the delay.

What breed of dog?

"At the moment, it's a German Shepherd."

We need zombie mod for DCS :D

PS: 1.5k new players arrived while i was typing this :eek:

Edited by VAO*Zoky

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1.6GHz, Ati Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5, 19' 1440x900 screen

• 2 weeks later...

Any UK players might want to look at my friends server he set up for our FPS gaming group LazyAssGamers, just type LU15 into the server filter and it should show. He's on there most of the time and any hackers are usually dealt with swiftly. The server might be down Friday though if the Dayz server admin boycott actually happens

• 2 years later...