Cannot get it to fly, HELP.

Jimmy

I installed this game yesterday and then today I tried getting it to play and have had no luck at all. I cannot get any missions to respond other than they show up then do not activate. I have tried the quick mission, regular missions and training missions and they just will not get me to the main game.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Jimmy

To start, perhaps you could post up (in your sig.) your computer specs, and secondly - how did you go about installing your sim and how do you go about trying to start the sim?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I have a XP Pro with service pak 3 installed

AMD Phenom 2 x4 920 Processor, 2.81GHZ. 4GB RAM

I download the 5 packs and installed them in a folder, I opened the DCS package and installed,

I then installed the P51 package. The folder seems to be correct.

When I click on either the of the icons to open the game it goes to the main screen were you make your selections, I clicked on Training and the Start Engine sequence, hit run, it opens a black screen and it seems to be loading but once it hits the end it reverts back to the Start Engine once again.

I have tried making up a mission and that does not work, I have tried the Quick Game ones and they do not work.

It just seems that I do not have authorization to make it fly.

Jimmy

Is that 32-bit XP?

If so, see my signature, or the FAQ. (Linked in my signature)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It must be the 32 bit as the 64 does not show in the system folder.

I also done the Switch thing and that did not make any difference either.

Any other suggestions as I am out of ideas myself. I have sent off emails but have no response to those either. Maybe Beta ain't worth the trouble.

Jimmy

Edited by Jimmy
added a line

did you install DirectX9(!) and the Visual C libraries? The later come with the install, about the DirectX9 I'm not certain. Did you try setting all initial settings on low? E.g. drawing distance, scenes, water quality... just to check if the dcs.exe can run on your system. What drivers do you use?

Just possibilities where to look...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I used to have A-10, KA 50 and Lockon to play and never had any problem with those at all.

I did see that the Libraries were installed okay. I have had DX9 installed forever and even used DX10. I have put the settings at medium but that did not help. Haven't tried low as of yet.

I did get the mission folder to open and show the listed missions. When opening any of those then the proper page shows the mission, but when I hit fly, nothing, falls back to the main screen. Drats.....

Yeah that's the crunch though isn't it.

Either ED supports XP/32bit users who are still using that OS or completely abandon any idea that P51 or any new DCS product will work with XP 32 and state clearly that it they are 64 bit apps only. Problem solved.

Sure, we could spend the extra $230 or so on Win7 64 and a few days to backup, install new OS and all the other programs to a point where we may be now and THEN be able fly with DCS World and P51. I understand that.

The line that some users "may" be get the program to work in 32 bit mode but it is not supported is better than saying it DOES work in XP 32 bit when many users can't get it to work.

I think 64 bit should be the published minimum requirement for P51 if only to ensure 32 bit OS users are under no illusions that they can run it ok.

Edited by RustyNuts

Online as Hawk 5

I used to have A-10, KA 50 and Lockon to play and never had any problem with those at all.

I did see that the Libraries were installed okay. I have had DX9 installed forever and even used DX10. I have put the settings at medium but that did not help. Haven't tried low as of yet.

I did get the mission folder to open and show the listed missions. When opening any of those then the proper page shows the mission, but when I hit fly, nothing, falls back to the main screen. Drats.....

Unless it's a hack you didn't run DX10 on XP. I know there was a hack to make iDX10 work under XP a long time ago with modified drivers and directX etc if that's what you are using then it's probably your problem.

Also for some reason With DX9 and DCS series it seems some games install a slightly different version of DX9 that makes DCS not work. It's happened to me several times. Best thing is reinstall the game and tell the installer to install DX and MS visual C++ runtimes again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Although i do feel for people who cant afford to upgrade (me included) or cant justify the amount of hassle an upgrade might mean just for gaming (and again). At some point games makers must move on and i do agree that ED should state clearly if 32bit OS are not supported, it is a fact that 64bit is not 'the next thing' its the current thing and OS aside 32bit hardware is probably getting a bit on the old side for running a modern Sim. God knows i dread the day i have to build a new system, a well established rig is like an old friend.

Although i do feel for people who cant afford to upgrade (me included) or cant justify the amount of hassle an upgrade might mean just for gaming (and again). At some point games makers must move on and i do agree that ED should state clearly if 32bit OS are not supported, it is a fact that 64bit is not 'the next thing' its the current thing and OS aside 32bit hardware is probably getting a bit on the old side for running a modern Sim. God knows i dread the day i have to build a new system, a well established rig is like an old friend.

DCS site:

The DCS: P-51D Mustang offers both highly-detailed simulation and easy-to-play "game" mode options for both hardcore and casual gamers. When in simulation mode, this is the most authentic simulation of the P-51D Mustang that has ever been done for the PC. Enjoy both the thrill of flying this warbird and operating its various weapons against a variety of ground and airborne targets.

An interactive training system puts you in the cockpit with an instructor as he walks you step-by-step of learning to fly the Mustang.

A powerful yet easy-to-use mission editor allows you to create your own missions and campaigns. A one-click Mission Generator also allows you to instantly create battles as small or large as you wish.

Fly online with built-in server browser that supports up to 32 players in both head-to-head and cooperative gameplay. Fly online with other DCS aircraft like the Black Shark and the A-10C Warthog.

Features of the DCS: P-51D Mustang:

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit. Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
  • Unmatched flight physics and that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.
  • Accurate P-51D Mustang model, squadron markings, and weapons.
  • Detailed modeling the P-51D Mustang instruments, weapon, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
  • Take part in a Challenge Campaign to test your flying and combat skills.

All features are not yet included

Recommended system requirements: Operating system 64-bit: Windows Vista and 7; Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400, AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better; Memory: 4GB; Hard disk space: 7 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX?: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

Minimum system requirements: Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7; Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; Memory: 3 GB; Free hard disk space: 7 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9 - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Either ED supports XP/32bit users who are still using that OS or completely abandon any idea that P51 or any new DCS product will work with XP 32 and state clearly that it they are 64 bit apps only. Problem solved.

System requirements indicates that a 64-bit Win7 or Vista is recommended.

Further, FAQ states:

Q: Will there be a 64-bit version?

A: Yes. We highly recommend using 64-bit operating systems with this product.

In my opinion this is quite clear language.

Stating that it doesn't work on XP 32 would be incorrect, since it does. It is a minority of users that have problems on that platform, after performing the indicated fix.

Sure, we could spend the extra $230 or so on Win7 64 and a few days to backup, install new OS and all the other programs to a point where we may be now and THEN be able fly with DCS World and P51. I understand that.

A look at microsoftstore.com indicates that an upgrade is 120 dollars. (Or 140 australian)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks for the reply EtherealN.

I understand the recommendation for the 64 bit system and clearly that is what most users are on these days and is the future for flight sims.

My comments were made in full understanding of the recommended system specs.

I do however disagree that it is only a minority of XP 32 users who have a problem with the sim. I believe that XP users are already a small minority of the user base anyway. If someone has got it working on XP then good luck to them. Clearly there is some issue that mine and others have that there is no clear resolution for us yet other than the suggestions already posted which clearly don't work for a number of people.

I posted my specs and crash reports in another thread with no reply but all considered I'll give up on trying to get it running with XP.

I have found and purchased as cheap an upgrade option to Win 7 as possible (family upgrade pack for $174AUS) and will look forward to reinstalling on an updated 64 bit system soon.

Clearly that should resolve any problems and I'll be able to run P51 and improved A10C and BS2 as well.

Cheers.

Online as Hawk 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well I sprung for a new computer for gaming and with Win 7 of course, Bam the game went in and played fine. It only took $1200 more to make it work, Ha ha ha....luckily I can afford it but I know there are tons of people who can't. Shame isn't it that one has to spend so much to make a game work.

Jimmy:pilotfly: