• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The S is the best bet we have unless something gets declassified

I've had a good trudge though it and there's hardly anything available

Edited by Frosty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"

The su-27s would be going against aircraft of it's own years like the f-16, f15c and the rest.

So why do you need the r-77 anyway.

because aforementioned aircraft have access to the aim120b & c, not just aim7 sparrows.

the r27 series are mostly semi active guided missiles like the aim7 sparrow, with expection of the r27T which has the infared guidance.

r77 would be comparable to active radar homing aim120

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems that an Su-27M would be the best new Sukhoi variant to have. ...

Either that or MiG-29M (9.15) would be ideal.

However, I doubt that anything properly simulated above 4th generation (read glass cockpit in Russian jets) would be easy to get FSB clearance for. And then they would have to deal with Sukhoi and MiG design bureaus and every single company under contract which makes airplane's internal systems.

The problem is primarily bureaucratic, not technical.

Edited by danilop

because aforementioned aircraft have access to the aim120b & c, not just aim7 sparrows.

The F-16C and F-15C predate AMRAAM. Early models would only be AIM-7 capable. You could also just go with A models, which would remove BVR missiles from the F-16 completely.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

As pointed out, the MiG-29S already has the missile.

but that's a smaller lighter weight fighter more like the f16.

the su 27 is a larger air superiority fighter something more akin to the f15.

The F-16C and F-15C predate AMRAAM. Early models would only be AIM-7 capable. You could also just go with A models, which would remove BVR missiles from the F-16 completely.

Yes No **** Sherlock. But That argument doesn't hold any merit since apart from single player, something called Multiplayer exists. Many servers don't have missile restrictions, and 9/10 f15's are flying armed with aim120c against su27, and the F-18c that's in development will have access to amrams too.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Does anyone know a tone of info on the su-17? Would it be a good choice ?

None had any kind of EO system (unlike the MiG-27K), with the later Su-17 versions having a similar LSTR as the Su-25. In many ways, it would be quite similar to Su-25 (don't know if it had a HUD or gunsight like the Su-25, though). Polish Su-22M4s, however, started getting a TV display in the cockpit starting with the Seria 30 batch (rather like the Su-25T), allowing them to use weapons like the Kh-29T. It still didn't have any onboard EO-system, though.

Basically, it would be a faster Su-25 with a few more weapon options (it could make use of some anti-radiation missiles).

IMHO the first priority for newer Russian aircraft should be fighters. With only the MiG-29S able to carry R-77s Russian pilots are at a disadvantage to the Eagle. I'd also love to see some supersonic ground pounders. Here's my wishlist...

1. MiG-29M Fulcrum-E

2. MiG-29K Fulcrum-D

3. MiG-27K Flogger-J2

4. Sukhoi Su-17M4

5. MiG-27M Flogger-J

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

IMHO the first priority for newer Russian aircraft should be fighters. With only the MiG-29S able to carry R-77s Russian pilots are at a disadvantage to the Eagle. I'd also love to see some supersonic ground pounders. Here's my wishlist...

1. MiG-29M Fulcrum-E

2. MiG-29K Fulcrum-D

3. MiG-27K Flogger-J2

4. Sukhoi Su-17M4

5. MiG-27M Flogger-J

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't say I'm big on the MiG-29, mainly due to its massively short legs. I'd prefer a Su-27 variant.

True, but then again the M (Izdeliye 9.15) and the K both have slightly increased fuel capacity compared to the 9.13. Two additional hardpoints would also be a big bonus.

I too would like to see an Su-27 variant, though my only requirement would be R-77 compatibility. The Su-27PU/Su-30 and Su-27M (early variant with N011 radar, based on the T-10S-70 prototype, not the forerunner to the later Su-35 series) would both be good candidates, though given the PVO origins of the former I'd prefer to fly the latter (plus the M flies with the Russian Knights, which is a bonus to the cool factor). And canards are way too good looking on the Flanker...

By the way - forgive me if I'm wrong, but weren't you once the aircraft consultant on Wargame forums? If so then please let me pay my respects, you did a great job turning around aircraft in RD.

1: mig-23 I want to know why everyone wants it so

2: su-17M4 really interesting design. Don't know if I would fly much else if it was added

All the speculation about the MiG-23 stems from three things (IMHO): the amazing quality of the Leatherneck MiG-21 (which turned many heads previously fixated on 4th gen aircraft), Flogger's relative obscurity and its sheer beauty... I mean look at it, it's a supermodel with wings! (and a big butt, but who doesn't like those?)

As for the Su-17, I would love to get my hands on one in DCS, not least because of its long service history with Eastern Bloc states. The thought of conducting SEAD missions in a proper supersonic ground pounder armed with Kh-58s gives me the shivers... Though I'd still prefer to fly a MiG-27K with the same armament. ;)

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

An updated variant of our beloved Flanker would be nice; the same goes for the Mig-29. Doesn't have to be DCS-level, but if it were, that would be the icing on the cake.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

We need a more reallistic poll without PAK FA, MIg-35 and SU-35.

They will not happen too classified.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

those wings really catch my attention. a true reason to join the polish or Slovakian airforce ;3

some times i wonder if a-g is just the war version of bullying. then i remember how much fun it is and salvo 4 rocket pods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]