• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

Don't get your hopes up now. This is a collage project and this is like my first 3D project.

Dammit man, you get me all fired up and then say this? Awww. :(

I've been saying this for some time now, but I'd love to see a supersonic Soviet ground pounder. And no, that's not because I suck as a fighter pilot... Or is it? :joystick: If anyone would like to start a lobbying thread for istriebitiele-bombardirovshchiki I would be more than happy to chime in with some research. :)

Nice pics Vectury, I had the pleasure of climbing into the cockpit of a Polish Fitter at this year's RIAT and then seeing a pair of them doing a pass at the Radom Air Show. It's a lovely plane indeed.

Edited by _Firefly

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a cool list of weapons for the su-17

Pretty much everything there can be used by the Su-25 already, and the avionics onboard were also quite similar. It's why I'm more interested in the MiG-27K; unique avionics (Kaira), and a unique set of weapons (Kh-27PS & other ARMs, KAB-500L, GSh-6-30).

Russian BRRRRRT is reason enough to pick the MiG-27 over the Su-17.

Pretty much everything there can be used by the Su-25 already, and the avionics onboard were also quite similar. It's why I'm more interested in the MiG-27K; unique avionics (Kaira), and a unique set of weapons (Kh-27PS & other ARMs, KAB-500L, GSh-6-30).

Russian BRRRRRT is reason enough to pick the MiG-27 over the Su-17.

+1 gazillion comrade, is of very good point.

Frosty, I can send you more tables with Su-17 armament loadouts for all the major versions. I can't really post them here because of copyright issues, but PM me if you're interested. :)

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

You are doing a su-17?

Any picture of cockpit?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Does the m4 have night vision electro optics. ?

Also KKP-1/2?

At best, the pilot might be able to put on NV goggles. Otherwise it has no other EO sensor, it only has a Klen-PS in the nosecone for laser rangefinding and designation. Later production aircraft (Seria 30 and later in Poland for the Su-22M4) installed a TV for use with EO-guided weapons like the Kh-29T. The aircraft still lacked its own EO sensor, but it could display what the missile's sensor saw (much like the display in the A-10A).

So u plan building a 3rd party group?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Ah, clever. Only need one ;)

Would you people prefer the modernized m5, the m4 or the polish m4 w/ the TV

Well, the M5 was never purchased by anyone, while the M4 was in actual service. I'm not sure if the later Su-17M4 ever got the TVs; it would be interesting to know.

SU-37 Terminator

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

Hey Frosty,

Please keep us informed about your Suchoi project!

And (East)German Su-22M4 hat the TVs in the Navy version too.

If you need close up Cockpit pictures of the M4 and UM3K send me an email.

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you say navy Sukhoi ? With TV?

Pics or it didn't happen

For a first glance follow that link: http://www.hat-home.de/Overview/AirForces/Germany%20-%20Laage%20-%20Home%20of%20the%20EF/slides/Badge%20of%20MFG%2028.html

Btw. there were no technical differences between the navy and the bomber versions in East Germany.

The TV had to be installed when operating the Ch-29T TV-guided missile (NATO Code: AS-14b), used by navy wing 28 (MFG-28 ) for anti-ship attacks.

Edit: a video to see more details of East Germany's Fitters:[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you say navy Sukhoi ? With TV?

Pics or it didn't happen

Well...

[ame]

[/ame]

should i start a new progress thread, even with you knowing i wouldn't be able to release such a thing for years. and if i would. where would it go.

i wouldn't call myself a third party dev till i actually had a go ahead from ED so i don't want to put it in that section. i mean, should i even?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"